Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Motorcycle Fun Current Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 74demon
Isnt an avocado a botanical berry? It is also a fruit, right?

I'll have to pay that one...........

Avocado or alligator pear also refers to the fruit (botanically a large berry that contains a single seed) of the tree.

Well done!!

Cheers, SB

Next Challenge: YB at a bar/pub with a sign that says they have live music

Old 03-13-2013, 04:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
I'll have to pay that one...........

Avocado or alligator pear also refers to the fruit (botanically a large berry that contains a single seed) of the tree.

Oops sorry looking for a CBR forum

Old 03-13-2013, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by klekid
Oops sorry looking for a CBR forum

Wow, looky Ma it's a ********!! - Just kidding. Your humour is beyond dry, it's positively arid. However, be that as it may, there are different strokes for different folks Klekid. Choose which part of the ownership of the bike you prefer and stick to it if you like.

For others of us, the bike - and forum membership - represents so very much more.

Cheers, SB

Last edited by Sebastionbear1; 03-13-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:20 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Consider this thread part fun, part educational.

I'm quite happy to stick my hand up and confess to not being aware that an avocado was actually a berry. Well done 74demon for improving our collective knowledge.

I think the next challenge requires less research klekid if you want to join the game.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:51 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mm, don't know about that, kiwi. Should one find a sign like that, one would have to make sure they really do play live music, and THAT could take all night. And as all of you know, bars are very, very hot places indeed so staying in one all night just might mean an adequate number of refreshments would have to be consumed, and all those fizzy drinks can get one to feel a little light headed when it's time to go home so it's easy to forget to take the picture and all of this would have to be done all over again the next day, possibly several times cause the memory of some senior riders is known to not be that good anymore...

Old 03-13-2013, 06:03 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

I didn't say it would be easy Mattson (and I totally agree with all the issues that you have raised), I just said it would take less research. No need to go to Wikipedia to find out if an avocado is a fruit or a berry etc.

The other downside to your extensive bar verification criteria of course is that often these sort of places (not that I frequent them) will have ladies in them.

I guess that's what makes it a fun challenge rather than University Challenge?

Old 03-13-2013, 06:06 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
Mm, don't know about that, kiwi. Should one find a sign like that, one would have to make sure they really do play live music, and THAT could take all night. And as all of you know, bars are very, very hot places indeed so staying in one all night just might mean an adequate number of refreshments would have to be consumed, and all those fizzy drinks can get one to feel a little light headed when it's time to go home so it's easy to forget to take the picture and all of this would have to be done all over again the next day, possibly several times cause the memory of some senior riders is known to not be that good anymore...
Just make sure to take a picture on the way in, not out. After an evening of challenge verification, it will be difficult to hold the camera steady enough for a decent shot.

Tell the wife that its for the greater good of the forum. She will understand.

Last edited by 74demon; 03-13-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:15 AM
R.I.P. Jason

I guess I was looking for a street with "berry" in it, but since that isn't exactly how I worded it and for the sake of moving on I'm good. Any other opinions?

Old 03-13-2013, 12:23 PM
R.I.P. Jason

I must say, this is the most activity we've had in a while... Over a berry or fruit or whatever. Haha

Last edited by 74demon; 03-13-2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: enhance challenge
Old 03-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

It is nice to see this moving again. Hopefully we can get some of the newer members involved, and some old ones too.

Thanks to you all that have been playing, especially the boys down under while most of our bikes are put away for the winter.

Let's spread the word and keep it going.
Now, somebody go to the pub.... (TK, just pick up your head off the bar and go outside and take a picture!)

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Fun Current Challenge