Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Motorcycle Fun Current Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

variety of colors here:
Amazon.com: Rotary13B1: Automotive Amazon.com: Rotary13B1: Automotive

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Spdyg_AK, nice job!

BTW, where did you find the red-on-black keychain? (I've got white on red)

NEXT CHALLENGE: YBNT a recycling symbol

Old 09-03-2012, 05:33 PM
R.I.P. Jason
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spdyg_AK, nice job!

BTW, where did you find the red-on-black keychain? (I've got white on red)

NEXT CHALLENGE: YBNT a recycling symbol

I'm an ebayer. It's orange on black. They have lots of colors tho

Old 09-03-2012, 06:05 PM

Name:  recyclelogo01.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  281.3 KB

It's really hot here right now so I was thinking Ice Cream store but checked and it's been done.

so..

NEXT CHALLENGE: YBNT Googie architecture.
The exaggerated style is appropriately exemplified in the The Jetsons cartoons. (so if it is futuristic, it will work)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googie

who's near Vegas?

anyone near Downey, Ca? this would be really cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldest_...27s_restaurant

double bonus points for Mattson (or anyone) for getting this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futuro

Last edited by splash; 09-03-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ Ride far for that one did ya? ;-D

Old 09-03-2012, 07:16 PM

actually rode to a recycling drop-off center but there were no logos anywhere
so on way way home took this pic.

^ Ride far for that one did ya? ;-D

Old 09-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by splash

double bonus points for Mattson (or anyone) for getting this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futuro
Wow, somebody's done their homework! kudos to you for knowing that, I had totally forgotten those... Never seen one IRL, there's only five left of the originals and they are far apart and far from here. Plus I doubt I'm gonna be doing much riding anymore this year, the mornings are just too dang cold and I tend to freeze very easily when I'm tired so the thought of a warm, comfy car versus the bike in damp, foggy cold weather is just too luring... Pity, cause the afternoons are still very much rideable...

Old 09-04-2012, 12:13 AM

Looks like something from the snorks lol (old 90s cartoon)

Old 09-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

That is such a gimme for anyone in Dunedin, we all know that house. Although I have a vague feeling it may have been relocated in the last couple of years?

Well done on the geocache thing too guys, glad to see no-one got a blood nose out of it, and someone has discovered a new sport that doesn't require massive injections of capital (apart from new hiking boots, a better GPS etc,etc.)

Old 09-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oooohhohohooo, Guys do I have a treat for you! I found something pretty dang special just a few miles from our truck depot, had to go look at it on my way home and am definetely going to work by bike tomorrow to get the pic! I didn`t find a Futuro, but I did found something that´s also designed by Matti Suuronen, and follows the same modular plastic concept. The Venturo! And not just any Venturo, the two units I found were actually the last two ever made! They are in fact currently owned by a chap called Riku Routo, who happens to own the Riku motor-the largest independent motorcycle seller and service shop in Finland. To top it off, the two modules, one larger, one smaller, are originally equipped to serve as a gas station but have been acting as warehouse buildings for a jeans retailer for the past 40 years. Riku is planning to restore the units to their original splendour and to open a gas station to the Lahti marina on his own lot where the larger unit currently stands waiting to be worked on, the smaller unit is currently on lend at the Helsinki design expo, and is going to be brought to the marina too when the expo ends. And as if that would have not been enough, the larger unit is currently sitting on the lot, right next to Riku`s other little project: The Lahti motorcycle museum, which also happens to be, to my knowledge, the ONLY official Ace Corner in the World outside London UK!

IF it`s not raining cats `n dogs tomorrow morning, you are going to rest your eyes on the pic about 24h from now. IF someone beats me to it, fine, I`ll post the pic anyway and am relieved of the trouble of trumping up the next challenge (which I already do have, provided it has not been done...)

Old 09-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

See post #4233 above...

NEXT CHALLENGE: YBNT Googie architecture.
The exaggerated style is appropriately exemplified in the The Jetsons cartoons. (so if it is futuristic, it will work)
Googie architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Fun Current Challenge