Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Motorcycle Fun Current Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Think that is a) done, b) boring c) too easy.

So here goes:

New Challenge: YOUR BIKE WITH SOME MIGRATING BIRDS. CAN BE AIRBORNE, ON A FIELD, ON WATER ETC... AS LONG AS THEY ARE A) BIRDS THAT MIGRATE B) MIGRATING. Preferrably more than one, and identification required if not seeable from the pic.

And don`t tell me it can`t be done, I did both today.

Last edited by gotcbr; 04-15-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: enhanced for clarity
Old 04-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Nov 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
Well, what say the mighty admins? Can I still change the challenge or will we wait the three days? Seems to gather a somewhat considerable amount of opposition...
While I truly appreciate the spirit and would love to see the "For astronauts only, your bike on the moon" challange....

There are only a handfull or so of us keeping this thread alive, most of which with thier bikes at the ready and our hands twitching to wring open the throttle, who would actually like to play along if possible.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Living on different parts of the world, and in totally different conditions, it`s extremely hard to try to imagine what can be done and what can`t halfway around the globe, let alone trying to figure something that is not yet done. Truth be told, most of the challenges done during the winter would have been a no-no for me since there are no wal-marts,wendy`s, benchmarks, corn fields, etc etc here... But since the season is open here again, I`ll try to participate and if I get any, try hard to come up with challenges that are a) imaginative, b) doable by most of us, c) more challenging that the "your bike with your wife`s prius" thing (heck, might even throw a "your bike with YOUR Prius" in if I get one next summer )

Personally, I thought that at least on Canada or near the north border (the great lakes) would still be some ice, but I guess were so far more north that we will have ice longer than you (and no, Finland has never had any Polar bears here )

Last edited by Mattson; 04-15-2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: fixed a few typos
Old 04-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattson
... But since the season is open here again, I`ll try to participate and if I get any, try hard to come up with challenges that are a) imaginative, b) doable by most of us, c) more challenging that the "your bike with your wife`s prius" thing (heck, might even throw a "your bike with YOUR Prius" in if I get one next summer )
Excellent! ;-) The *doable* challenge that actually involves riding, is the most preferred.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:13 PM

Lmao @ bike on the moon challenge.

I agree to try and keep it simple, as long as it involves riding. I try to pick something simple that anyone can do.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by cbr_954
Wait, people drive bikes in the freezing cold? Screw that!!!
If you want to, you can read about my tinkerings around my bike, and about my little weekend trip with some pretty good pics in my All set`n ready to go-topic.

Just had to take one picture just for you when I was leaving to work. This is from 5 am this morning:

After careful and thorough consideration, I decided to take the car today...

Come on people, it`s not that hard challenge! Just saw a pair of cranes on a field on my way home...

Last edited by Mattson; 04-17-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:09 PM

My bike is kinda loud, and the ducks keep running away.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Hyperblau
My bike is kinda loud, and the ducks keep running away.
A shotgun will take care of that!!!

Old 04-18-2012, 01:46 PM

ImageBam

I know they're far away. Expand and you can clearly see that they are ducks though.
EDIT>Next time I will just use the shotgun method.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Nov 2011 ROTM

Looks fine to me. Next challenge?

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Fun Current Challenge