Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

In the lime light**Again***

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: In the lime light**Again***

I would love to see just how many vehicles got in to accidents with the same date range. I bet its more then sport bikes. Some great point being spoken out ..to many to reply to..I just love they way they were one sided

Old 11-06-2006, 12:46 AM

These clips **** the F**K outa me! if your curve dancing on the dragon and not even getting outa 2nd gear and another bitch in a car veres into your lane while your draggin knee and cant move outa the way and BAM! " THE MOTORCYCLE WAS SPEEDING AND THERE FOR ITS HIS FAULT!!"

who the **** do ya think the media is going to put the blaim on!?!

People have to understand that the dragon is one of the most saught after strech of roads in the USA! My dad drove from MINNESOTA in his Z3 M coupe to just stay a weekend there! they even make stickers of the "dragon"

There is a stretch of road just like The dragon near me, just not as long and all of the local cars just slow down and pull over to let you by!

And YES I KNOW THAT WE DO NOT OWN THE ROAD! but if they would just post up signs saying to move over to let the bikes by, i bet that the amount of accidents would be cut in half if not more!

PS: the media is not posting all of the facts! they are just posting what they want to post!

KidCr3nshaw, youd better watch who you talk to like that cause he might just Ctrl-Alt-Delete you!

Old 11-06-2006, 12:53 AM

Well, if you want to test your limits, do it on a race track. It isn't fair to others to feel guilty for your injuries or demise. It is a PUBLIC road, it is not owned by them or you. It is so true that problems are always caused by "the few". But they ban the rest of us from enjoying our hobbies. As a dirt biker faced with land closures, I know. I will agree though, as a human, I would probably run the Dragon with gusto myself. But, that doesn't make it right and it doesn't make it legal.

Old 11-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Retired Administrator

KidCr3nshaw has a right to his opinion and as long as he doesn't resort to childish behavior... what he says is fine. He did attack me a little and I only pointed it out because this is where most of the fights come from, just not usually aiming at an admin. What usually happens is the attackie smarts off to the attacker then BAM!!!! We're back in the third grade. I just think he misread, or maybe I didn't put it into words the right way.

The dragon wasn't a big part of this story. I mentioned it because I heard them say something about US 129. The stats on the Dragon are maybe one death a year... a far cry from 300, but still way too many.

I didn't mean to say only inexperienced riders are crashing, that's what the interviews kept bringing up.

I do not have any wings on my back, I see the riding they showed in the videos and realize it's very dangerous and foolish.

My only thought was to add, that it's not fair to point out that we ruin the peaceful scenery with our bikes. I love the sounds we make in that environment.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:47 AM

ya, i understand man..
by me mentioning the dragon and how its HUGE in the car/motorcycle world was because the media makes it look like we are disterbing the "nature people" (no offence to those that enjoy the nature) when in all reallity, there are more motorcyclists/car lovers that drive on the dragon then people who are there to enjoy the scenery..

Old 11-06-2006, 08:21 PM

I just got around to watching the second vid and it's just as bad as the first.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:28 PM

yup

Old 11-06-2006, 11:06 PM

I've never been out there (but I'm going next year) so I really don't know but 45mph here is nothing. It's not really the speed that kills it's doing something stupid at that speed. For example passing on a double yellow around a blind curve at 85 in a 45. I also believe that if they REALLY wanted to stop the "evil fast deadly scary sportbikes" they could without a problem. The thing is they DON'T want to. Do you know how much business we bring them? How much money we bring them? I bet it's ATLEAST half of their yearly earnings. They start busting people and they start losing a lot of money. It's like Chris Rock said, something along the lines of "the government could have come up with a cure for cancer or aids years ago but they don't and why? Because there's no money in a cure there's money in helping people live with it." They're trying to make us out to be cancer or something to the mountains there and there's no money in curing that area of us. There's money in helping people cope with it and letting us stay.

I will also add that a lot of you guys are getting mad at them giving us all a bad name they did say several times that "it is just a SMALL percentage of sports bikes." These people see a lot of wrecks with our bikes involved. So they have a bit of racism I guess you could say towards anyone riding a "bullet bike." Can you blame them? It's just human nature. Now I'm not trying to diss anyone or be racist so please do not take this the wrong way but would you get on an airplane with 5 Arab guys who look shady? Maybe you would maybe you wouldn't but I bet a lot of people would still have a little bit of fear in the back of their mind if they did. How about driving down the freeway with Mr Chin behind the wheel barely being able to see over steering wheel going 25 under and moving across three lanes. How about going for a walk late at night and seeing some black guys walking towards you? Heck maybe even going deep woods camping in the mountains there and all of a sudden you see 3 white guys with no teeth eatin mayonaise out of a tub holding a banjo. It's all stereotyping. It's going to happen. We can't get mad for people doing it some just don't know any better. The Arab guys could just be heading home from a few years of overseas study, Mr Chin could have a flat tire, the black guys could be part of an outreach program, and the white guys.... well..... they're just Fed up and need to go home to their wife, I mean sister.

I'm not really sure where I was going with this post it was kind of all over the place but it was fun to write!

Just my point is don't get mad get even! Wait, no.... that wasn't it. Let's speak with our actions when we go there and not crash into people. =) Yea something like that one.
Mike