Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

In the lime light**Again***

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 06:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: In the lime light**Again***

The thing that annoyed me was in the second part at the end when the guy in the center said we are just being selfish and so on. I was thinking that he has never been on a vagina let alone a motorcycle. Who is he to do anything but keep his mouth shut? I don't know, I'm probably just displacing negative sentiments onto him.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Banned

His being on a vagina has what, exactly, to do with the topic?

It's an immature approach to the entire topic that's going to perpetuate the idea that we are all chilidish, selfish, speedfreaks without due regard for our fellow man. Just remember, when you're on your bike, or in your gear - you're no different than a cop or EMS in uniform...

You are representing more than yourself by what you say and what you do in earshot of others. All it takes is someone who's never been around a rider to walk by you and hear, "stupid cager pulled out in front of me when I was trying to pass a blue-hair," and their mind is made up about bikers.

Fair? Probably not.

The way the world is? Yep (and we know it too so there's no excuse). We've got to represent bikers a little cleaner and better. If some of you are in groups of riders and a couple of them are acting stupid - explain to them that those actions are exactly why the public hates them (since they can't seem to figure it out), and if that doesn't work, hang a right and be done with them. Eventually they'll have no one to ride with and maybe they'll think twice.

It's not a popular approach because everyone likes to watch those videos of dudes tearing up the streets, me included, but it's all relative to our public image.

Also, someone said "they" should open up tracks and the like. Who is, "they?" You know who opens up tracks? Concerned riders with a goal in mind. It's not the city's responsibility to make you a playground. Get active. Find out about how to host/promote a stunt show in your city - talk with the city council, look into permits and they're requirements/costs, talk to other promoters and pick their brain for ideas on how to get some support - I'm sure they'd be happy to help. You give people an outlet, and you're going to cut down on the crap they try and pull in the crowded streets.

The problem is, it's not just a matter of a couple of phone calls - it takes work. That's where most people draw the line. They talk a lot of $hit but when push comes to shove they're all hot air...

You got what it takes? Or are you a bull$hitter taking another hit off the pipe talking about,"what the world needs to do?"

Old 11-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

His being on a vagina has what, exactly, to do with the topic?

It's an immature approach to the entire topic
Thus, the semi-retraction at the end of my statement. For review:"I'm probably just displacing negative sentiments onto him." I'm with you, my man. We are ALL responsible for the way others perceive us.

Old 11-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Banned

Sorry, I get a little vocal when people start making the, "we should...," "there should be a...," type comments. That stuff worked in middle school, but we're all capable adults.

When I was 16 I got into trouble for tagging walls of abandoned buildings. As a result, the lot of us that were caught ended up sitting in on some city council sessions at the advice of the local cops who nabbed us and enjoyed our work. They explained to us that we can't go around spraying stuff, but if we got together and got organized we might be able to sway the city to work together with us to create a skatepark where we could freely tag as long as it was tasteful.

One year later we had two skateparks in that city, paid for by the city. This was a handful of 16-17 year olds. Your city councilmen are more than happy to entertain you as long as you present yourself as an adult with clear viewpoints.

I'm spending this winter collecting information and finding sponsors for a stunt weekend I'm hoping to put on next summer in my city. We've never had anything like that here, but with the population at 90K+, there are plenty of bikes to show, minds to cater to and kids to have fun. It's going to be a blast - but I'm going to couple it with awareness on BOTH parts - cagers and riders.

It should turn out to be a very fun weekend and hopefully I can get some momentum going. Anyone feeling like they are being singled-out should take some initiative and see if you can't make something happen.

Wish me luck.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Retired Administrator

Everyone is different. I for one loved the sound of the sport bikes screaming through the mountains. I go to the roads they are talking about a couple times a year. US 129 is one they were talking about. I rent a cabin and enjoy relaxing on the deck and listening to a bike scream by every now and then. The roads they are talking about are far away from were people shop and live. They only reason you should be on the dragon is to see bikes. STFU!!!!!

Now for the North Georgia area... I don't know, but TN has a good thing going. Yes, they usually do have a wreck or two a day, but like they said, inexperienced riders are the biggest fault. I've seen more cruisers and dresser wreck than sportbikes.

There are many roads you can find that have curves to carve, but leave the ones like the dragon to us... there are no turn offs or side roads to deal with.

Sorry for the rant... I just hated how they started out in the first one with the peaceful birds chirping and the sounds of bambi running through the woods ... then acted like we are killing everything with the sounds of our bikes screaming by. How about a truck (18 wheeler, semi...etc) running by at the posted speed limit which is way to fast for that much weight and they have their jake break set for all cylinders.... so all you hear is BLAHHH, BLAHHH, BLAHHH as they go by? Not to mention how much damage they are doing to the roads by being over weighted... how about them.... can we start a witch hunt for them?

Old 11-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: doncollins
There are many roads you can find that have curves to carve, but leave the ones like the dragon to us... there are no turn offs or side roads to deal with.
You may be an admin, but how arrogant can one person be? It's like you refuse to believe that any sportbike driven by an, "experienced" rider is exempt from any fault or wrongdoing.

Unreal.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone is different. I for one loved the sound of the sport bikes screaming through the mountains. I go to the roads they are talking about a couple times a year. US 129 is one they were talking about. I rent a cabin and enjoy relaxing on the deck and listening to a bike scream by every now and then. The roads they are talking about are far away from were people shop and live. They only reason you should be on the dragon is to see bikes. STFU!!!!!

Now for the North Georgia area... I don't know, but TN has a good thing going. Yes, they usually do have a wreck or two a day, but like they said, inexperienced riders are the biggest fault. I've seen more cruisers and dresser wreck than sportbikes.

Sorry for the rant... I just hated how they started out in the first one with the peaceful birds chirping and the sounds of bambi running through the woods ... then acted like we are killing everything with the sounds of our bikes screaming by. How about a truck (18 wheeler, semi...etc) running by at the posted speed limit which is way to fast for that much weight and they have their jake break set for all cylinders.... so all you hear is BLAHHH, BLAHHH, BLAHHH as they go by? Not to mention how much damage they are doing to the roads by being over weighted... how about them.... can we start a witch hunt for them?
I'm with you man.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The public knows that the dragon is a mecca for the sportbike community. They should relize that there is going to be some glorious high revving motorcycle music in those mountains. If they did a little bit of research before taking the family up there they would relize that there is going to be a great deal of riders therefore, the sounds that go with them. If they want peace and quiet then they should book the vaction somewhere else. Pigeon Forge would be ideal. It has a family atmosphere and wonderful scenery along with theme parks and all the tourist attractions. Plus, it's not over-run with bikers because we'd rather be at the dragon. [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 11-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

You may be an admin, but how arrogant can one person be? It's like you refuse to believe that any sportbike driven by an, "experienced" rider is exempt from any fault or wrongdoing.

Unreal.

Let this be a good example of "how not to read or respond to a post"

If you read my post, you would have noticed that my rant was for the part about them showing the peaceful background then bitching about the sportbikes screaming through it.

As for the one line you did decide to read, you called me arrogant and mentioned how "unreal" I was. Where in my text did I state the "experienced" rider is exempt from any fault or wrongdoing? If you notice what I said:

"Yes, they usually do have a wreck or two a day, but like they said, inexperienced riders are the biggest fault. I've seen more cruisers and dresser wreck than sportbikes.

Please point it out and I'll be happy to edit it for you.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:38 PM

Honestly, that was my exact thought too, as soon as the video began I knew exactly how it was to be laid out. The opening of the foggy mist on a quiet morning, birds flying peacefully them BAM!!! A sport bike flies by. How silly. I always like how the media "really drives home a good story of concern". Unbelievable.
I would also like to know how many of those 300 some accidents involved cars or where cause by cars in the first place. Also out of all of those accidents, some may have been cars and cars only.
Also, the lady that was cycling on that road: It's a shame she was hit and injured, however, if I was a cyclist, I'd stay the F*** off of roads like that in the first place. It's F'ing dangerous enough with cars, don't single out bikers. How stupid can you be. I'm all for "share the road" with cyclists too. But it's like going jogging down the freeway in the middle lane during rush hour.
Yes, motorcyling is indeed dangerous, and there's a much greater chance of being in an accident. Of course there's going to be more accidents on that road - because it's where all motorcyclists in the area go to ride!
Though there are some asshats that do pass on curves, double yellows and drive too fast on the roads. It's a fact and will always happen. On roads I frequent, I see cars doing the exact same thing.
Some people are a little more cautious and abide by laws, others do not. It happens every day - It's nothing new.

Quick Reply: In the lime light**Again***