Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

In the lime light**Again***

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: In the lime light**Again***

ORIGINAL: cbr_newbie

agreed....
thanks[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 11-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea... most people say i drive crazy but i've only wrecked once and thats because a cage pulled out infront of me! as for those bikers pulling into blind corners and stuff.. thats just stupid and wreckless... being crazy and know what your doing is different from being stupid and wreckless... just my two cents

Old 11-05-2006, 02:07 AM

okay i feel that if your really gunna push yourself it should be at a track. but wtf ever...these videos got me more mad at the reports than the riders..i honeslty wanted to punch that ***** in his face. im sure ppl in sports car were going fast too. cause i kno my brother would drive those rodes fast just like i would on my bike...i dont think that one bike was going 153...the road didnt look long enuf. and i love how they find a busa for the speed show off..

Old 11-05-2006, 02:58 AM
Banned

It's not about pointing fingers here - you have still failed to realize the issue at hand. There is a problem here, and I think it's more than safe to say that sportbikes are at the front of it - no one ever said it was all the sportbikers fault.

There is also more than one way to skin a cat. When conducting traffic enforcement (i.e. speed traps), you don't put a pig on a stretch of road and say, "go get 'em." You place them in coordinated positions so that one checks speed, and another, in a safe area, makes the stop. You guys have got to realize there is more to enforcement than what you see on tv - liability is an issue. And yes, you are correct about the pursuit of a motorcycle by a much slower vehicle being a bad mix - and this time it cost them. The fact of the matter is every state has a pursuit policy and neither you nor I know their previous policy, but I'll bet it has been refined and amended.

Enforcement is not a perfect science, but that can't translate into free reign for those too fast to apprehend using conventional methods. Law enforcement has come a long way since Andy Griffith...

You're kidding yourself if you think sportbike riders are getting an unfair dent in their reputation here. By your own admittance you give that throttle a little unnecessary twist, "every now and again." I am guilty of it as well, but I am also ready to accept the fact that if I am involved in an accident or someone is hurt because of my carelessness, I'm not going to bitch and moan about getting and unfair rap. You've got to weigh to consequences to be responsible. I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again - this is the aura that has surrounded motorcycles since their inception - you only complain now because you think your fancy plastic fairings should be thought of as seperate from the chromed-out cruisers... well they are...

THE SPORTBIKES HAVE THE BAD RAP NOW! It's migrated from the cruisers to the sportbikers - why? Because your average person knows if they want a fast bike - they get a metric bike. If they want to cruise, they get a cruiser. Just the way it is. Where would the appeal be if there wasn't this stigmata surrounding the very bikes you all here have grown to love - the sportbike. The very construction of the two different bikes suggest speed and relaxation. One is built to have your feet kicked up, and the other puts you immediately in the position of someone who is preparing for liftoff - and you don't think the general public neither sees this nor creates an idea in their mind. It's the same reason every kid on every corner gives you the wheelie sign as your buzz by, or why they are even captivated in the first place. Tell me that feeling when those kids are looking at you doesn't humble you and I'll call you a liar. In one instance, you welcome your reputation, in another, when it's ill-fitting, you reject it on the grounds of "stereo-typing." You want your cake and you want to eat the hell out of it too.

Bottom line is, it wouldn't be "riding" of there wasn't this, "off-center perception" of what it is to ride a sportbike. There has been this essence around motorcycles since the begining, and it wouldn't have it's appeal if that wasn't the case.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:22 AM

Not only did they find a busa for the speedo shot.........a HEAVILY modded TURBO Busa at that. 200mph my ***. I would say that yes, a small minority ruin it for everyone.......that is how it has always been and will always be. It makes me a little sick to not hear anything good about the sportbikes....I know there were plenty there that went by that camera slow.....but they never showed that, only Harleys or Goldwings. That part kinda pisses me off. Oh well, what do you do? Tell people to go to a track and do that ****, but they usually wont listen.

Old 11-05-2006, 12:06 PM

Got to agree, 90 mph over double yellows ??? got to admit thats pretty stupid, can't be blaming the soccer moms and the blue hairs for being in there way, every bodys got the right to be on the road, but you should'nt have to be with guy's riding waaay over the speed limit on a somewhat crowded weekend hwy, I like my fun to but theres a time and a place for it, and that busy stretch of road aint it, that there is plain irresponsible riding, very very stupid

Old 11-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

It's not about pointing fingers here - you have still failed to realize the issue at hand. There is a problem here, and I think it's more than safe to say that sportbikes are at the front of it - no one ever said it was all the sportbikers fault.

There is also more than one way to skin a cat. When conducting traffic enforcement (i.e. speed traps), you don't put a pig on a stretch of road and say, "go get 'em." You place them in coordinated positions so that one checks speed, and another, in a safe area, makes the stop. You guys have got to realize there is more to enforcement than what you see on tv - liability is an issue. And yes, you are correct about the pursuit of a motorcycle by a much slower vehicle being a bad mix - and this time it cost them. The fact of the matter is every state has a pursuit policy and neither you nor I know their previous policy, but I'll bet it has been refined and amended.

Enforcement is not a perfect science, but that can't translate into free reign for those too fast to apprehend using conventional methods. Law enforcement has come a long way since Andy Griffith...

You're kidding yourself if you think sportbike riders are getting an unfair dent in their reputation here. By your own admittance you give that throttle a little unnecessary twist, "every now and again." I am guilty of it as well, but I am also ready to accept the fact that if I am involved in an accident or someone is hurt because of my carelessness, I'm not going to bitch and moan about getting and unfair rap. You've got to weigh to consequences to be responsible. I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again - this is the aura that has surrounded motorcycles since their inception - you only complain now because you think your fancy plastic fairings should be thought of as seperate from the chromed-out cruisers... well they are...

THE SPORTBIKES HAVE THE BAD RAP NOW! It's migrated from the cruisers to the sportbikers - why? Because your average person knows if they want a fast bike - they get a metric bike. If they want to cruise, they get a cruiser. Just the way it is. Where would the appeal be if there wasn't this stigmata surrounding the very bikes you all here have grown to love - the sportbike. The very construction of the two different bikes suggest speed and relaxation. One is built to have your feet kicked up, and the other puts you immediately in the position of someone who is preparing for liftoff - and you don't think the general public neither sees this nor creates an idea in their mind. It's the same reason every kid on every corner gives you the wheelie sign as your buzz by, or why they are even captivated in the first place. Tell me that feeling when those kids are looking at you doesn't humble you and I'll call you a liar. In one instance, you welcome your reputation, in another, when it's ill-fitting, you reject it on the grounds of "stereo-typing." You want your cake and you want to eat the hell out of it too.

Bottom line is, it wouldn't be "riding" of there wasn't this, "off-center perception" of what it is to ride a sportbike. There has been this essence around motorcycles since the begining, and it wouldn't have it's appeal if that wasn't the case.
I agree... +1

Old 11-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Retired Moderator

I think we have to all be in agreement that there are some stupid A-holes doing stupid things on bikes to make us all look bad. If you are wondering who those idiots are, it may be you. For the most part, I would say 95% of the guys I talk to are safety oriented. There are certain places you can cut loose and other places where you take it easy. These guys that are pushing the limits during busy weekends are morons, and I hate to say it, maybe deserve what they get. The worst part is when they involve others. We also know cagers to be very efficient at terminating our lives, but that is not the topic at hand. They are not causing the accidents on this stretch of road...it's the small percentage of sport riders. We have to police ourselves if we want the stigma to go away...probably like asking for world peace (good idea but will never happen).

Old 11-05-2006, 03:31 PM

i wanna go there, looks like fun roads

Old 11-05-2006, 05:27 PM

awesome post!!!-as for all the replies-wow

This report is so biased it makes me sick. Cagers are scared of us? [sm=wtf.gif]
i agree with that

There is a problem in that area
i agree with that

I know there were plenty there that went by that camera slow.....but they never showed that, only Harleys or Goldwings. That part kinda pisses me off. Oh well, what do you do? Tell people to go to a track and do that ****, but they usually wont listen.
i agree with that

with me-i feel,due to increased numbers of sportbikes on the roads,local race tracks need to open up more,so people can let
there sh&t rip there-rather then on a public roads/highways!!!-also got the impression there blaming the wrecks on
inexperienced riders-hummmmm,guess what if rossi's low side incident happened in that area-he would more than
likely be dead!!-as no run-off areas-just would low side into a tree!!!!
if you want twisties-why go to areas like on the vid,there are plenty of cars to dodge in city traffic-my point
is-take it to a race track!!!!!

o8

Quick Reply: In the lime light**Again***