Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

In the lime light**Again***

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-04-2006, 03:16 PM
Default RE: In the lime light**Again***

good find... having fun riding is one thing but having fun riding at other people's life is just WRONG... some people just take this for granted....

Old 11-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i couldnt even sit through that ****.. i always hate hearing cagers talk about how us motorcyclists scare them.. ive been more scared of the driving by old ppl and ppl on cell phones more then the actions of my fellow bikers ! and yes those are some beautiful roads i can see why they would want to ride them! if the cagers want to enjoy it so much get the **** outta your car and stand on the side of the road and let us through..now there is a big difference between riding and just acting squidish. alot of the ppl you see in the mountain passes crossin double yellows into blind corners @ 80mph are usually the new kids who just the got and want to show off. whenever me and my friends go out we always have car pass us and then slow down in front of us so we all *safely* pass that car and get a good lead on it there are some really crazy *** ppl in cars and sometimes it is that family in the mini van takking a nice sunday drive that you have to watch out most for . just my opinion

Old 11-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG... How many time is that wussy reporter going to keep saying SPORTBIKES? How about the yuppies on the "hardlys" that blast your eardrums out of your skull with there sorry excuse of a muffler. I was just up there and at least 90% of the cruisers had exhaust that was twice as loud as a sportbikes. This report is so biased it makes me sick. Cagers are scared of us? [sm=wtf.gif] Blue hairs are 100 times more dangerous than motorcyclists.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Banned

Havoc - you need to realize something, 13 people dead, and over 300 accidents in ONE YEAR. That's cause for concern my friend. You feel they should get out of their car and let you through? They're not talking about responsible riders, which if you had listened, they said more than once. They are speaking about the a$$holes who put others in danger every single day there.

And Matt, yes, it's a bit one-sided, but it's not biased. They mention over and over that there are many that want to enjoy the roads on a motorcycle safely, and even comment, "the majority of the bikes are riding responsibly." They even interviewed the Two Wheels Only shop and didn't make them look like idiots.

There is a problem in that area. If I was the sheriff, I would approve overtime for 2 officers per shift to enforce spped and safety violations in the area. Crack down hard for a good year or so and it will slow people down. Not just tickets either, jail time mandatory for any violation deemed unsafe.

I get bothered by cagers too, but guess what? They weren't responsible for over 300 accidents and 13 deaths last year in Georgia. How you guys can somehow reason those statistics is beyond me. Thinking you own the road or the only way to enjoy a stretch of road is to do it on a motorcycle is slightly beyond arrogant. Maybe if you guys were the ones doing the death notification to the surviving family members you might see it another way. Make one death notification in your life and we'll see how you feel then.

You guys need a reality check.

[/rant]

Old 11-04-2006, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Havoc - you need to realize something, 13 people dead, and over 300 accidents in ONE YEAR. That's cause for concern my friend. You feel they should get out of their car and let you through? They're not talking about responsible riders, which if you had listened, they said more than once. They are speaking about the a$$holes who put others in danger every single day there.

And Matt, yes, it's a bit one-sided, but it's not biased. They mention over and over that there are many that want to enjoy the roads on a motorcycle safely, and even comment, "the majority of the bikes are riding responsibly." They even interviewed the Two Wheels Only shop and didn't make them look like idiots.

There is a problem in that area. If I was the sheriff, I would approve overtime for 2 officers per shift to enforce spped and safety violations in the area. Crack down hard for a good year or so and it will slow people down. Not just tickets either, jail time mandatory for any violation deemed unsafe.

I get bothered by cagers too, but guess what? They weren't responsible for over 300 accidents and 13 deaths last year in Georgia. How you guys can somehow reason those statistics is beyond me. Thinking you own the road or the only way to enjoy a stretch of road is to do it on a motorcycle is slightly beyond arrogant. Maybe if you guys were the ones doing the death notification to the surviving family members you might see it another way. Make one death notification in your life and we'll see how you feel then.

You guys need a reality check.

[/rant]
Very, very well written reply Kid...that's exactly what I wanted to express...thanks!

Old 11-04-2006, 06:50 PM

To correct the above, not that it makes it much better, but those stats was from Jan 05 to present.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:31 PM

i dont know... not gunna comment

Old 11-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many of those deaths were caused by soccer moms on phones or old people slamming there brakes on to look at the pretty scenery. I was up there three weeks ago and let me tell you, the CAGERS were by far more dangerous to motorcyclists than anything else. You say that they didn't have anything to do with those bike accidents? I find that very hard to comprehend. Those deaths and crash reports... How many were cruisers? Mental mistakes? How many were not the motorcyclists fault? All the news channel did was search for accidents "involving motorcyclels".

Yes... I know, there are the "squids" and complete idiots, like the guys doing 96mph and that guy on the zx-10 going 153mph, but reports like this do nothing but cause a VERY negative reputation for sportbike riders.

This type of stereo-typing makes the image of motorcycles go downhill. Example, when I think of Harley riders I think of leather, chrome, old guy, bandana, confederete flag, etc. Now the public hears "sportbike", they think idiot, dangerous, 100mph, wheelies, GOD HELP ME!!! etc... The majority of riders are NOT like this. They're just your everyday guy/gal having a good safe time, and every once and a while, give the right grip a little twist.

The idea about posting more LEOs won't help the situation, it will probably make things worse. That one lady who had the bikes crash into her because the law thought they could catch a vehicle capable of going three times the speed limit was insane. That was the riders AND the officers fault. Pursuing sportbikes in an area like that just to give them a speeding ticket and or tell them, it's time to go to jail, is lunacy.

There's always going to be idiots in the world so from where I see it, the speeding through those mountains will persist as will the errors cagers make. We're humans and we aren't perfect. End of story. [sm=violin.gif]

Old 11-04-2006, 09:49 PM

agreed....

Quick Reply: In the lime light**Again***