Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Lets see your garages

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  2010-10-04_17-44-04_237Small.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  48.2 KB

Can you guess what my other hobby is?

I hate my garage situation currently. It was even worse a month ago when we had two 4-wheelers in there in addition to the two sport bikes. Its a lot better now with only one dirt bike plus the street bikes, but I'm probably going to get a dual-sport bike which will add some more crowd again shortly. I can't wait until I can work on buying some property of my own and putting a metal building next to my house.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
These were taken before the CBR arrived last December. It sits in front of the Viper. My wife does whatever she wants with the left half of the garage.

Sweet! this is similar to the floor that im looking to do. Are these the racedeck tiles? Looks great!

Great garages guys. Lets keep em coming. I currently am trying to figure out a way to fill the cracks in the concrete floor without redoing the whole thing. Then the checkerboard tiles!!!

Old 10-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BBirish
Sweet! this is similar to the floor that im looking to do. Are these the racedeck tiles? Looks great!

Great garages guys. Lets keep em coming. I currently am trying to figure out a way to fill the cracks in the concrete floor without redoing the whole thing. Then the checkerboard tiles!!!
Easy , self leveling concrete overlay......... You end up with a super smooth
Floor ......search YouTube

Old 10-05-2010, 06:26 PM

My garage only exists in the future. But it's awesome!........the stripper pole is my favorite part.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just one !!!!!

Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BBirish
I bought mine from floorjunkies.com. They have a utility where you can experiment with different colors and creating your own designs which helped me narrow down my choices to 3-4. My wife and I then voted on which one we liked the best.

If you go with the tiles be sure and put down a layer of roof felt paper between the tiles and concrete or the tiles will make a clickity-clack noise whenever you walk or drive over them. Cut the felt a few inches shorter than the tiles so it doesn't show. One roll of roof felt from Home Depot was all I needed for a 2-car garage.

I was a bit **** and I took one of my outer trim tiles up to Home Depot so they could color match it. Since the tiles don't come exactly to the edge of the walls (they're supposed to "float") I painted a 6-inch or so wide strip on the concrete before laying the felt and it blends right in.

Old 10-07-2010, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
Easy , self leveling concrete overlay......... You end up with a super smooth
Floor ......search YouTube
thanks ill look that up. rodijeff thanks for the tip about the roof felt paper. I am also contemplating a large linoleum cut out with the checkerboard printed on it. It would save me a lot of money and be very easy to install, all i would have to do is fix up the concrete first....

lets see some more. where else are you guys keeping your bikes???

Old 10-12-2010, 10:39 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month
Old 10-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm -- here's mine with both bikes in it for the winter. I had planned on building a large shed this summer, but unexpected expenses, and a plan to build a new home at some point delayed it. As a result my race bike has moved into the living room, and the ex has GTFO.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by woot
As a result my race bike has moved into the living room, and the ex has GTFO.
Hahahahahhhhhhhaaaaaahaha

Quick Reply: Lets see your garages