Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

LED accent kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Message for Kuroshio.

I also have a Fusion Stage 2 kit which I'm having problems with (Installing a switch).

If you also have one, care to share how you did the switch up? or possibly attach a picture made on your computer or something showing how this setup was done? I'm having all sorts of problems when adding a switch and its driving me nuts!

Old 09-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You using a toggle switch for the lights? The Fusion MC doesn't come with a physical switch. It's all controlled by the remote fob.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
You using a toggle switch for the lights? The Fusion MC doesn't come with a physical switch. It's all controlled by the remote fob.
I know, but the CPU unit still draws power when its not in use. Even when its "off". So a switch is my option right now.

Here's an idea of how I'm planning on doing it if its proper and fine.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:10 PM

Eliminate the wire from the switch to the negative post of the battery. You're prolly blowing fuses

Old 09-27-2010, 10:24 PM

Thanks, I shall give it another shot after replacing the blown fuse.

Here's how I had it before.

but the thing blew since I had a AC switch, not made for 12V DC applications. But rather 277VAC @ 10A and 125VAC @ 20A.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:30 PM

Well you are worrying about nothing. The battery drain is negligible. I have the Fusion and a remote alarm in my bike. The only time I'd worry about battery drain with them is long term storage. And I just remove the battery and bring it in the house when storing my bike long term, like over the winter months.

If you're battery is draining in the short term, you've got another problem and it's not the light kit.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:33 PM

Well you are worrying about nothing. The battery drain is negligible. I have the Fusion and a remote alarm in my bike. The only time I'd worry about battery drain with them is long term storage. And I just remove the battery and bring it in the house when storing my bike long term, like over the winter months.

If you're battery is draining in the short term, you've got another problem and it's not the light kit.
Really eh. So hows the drain if I don't plan on using/touching it for more than 3 weeks? Is it okay? I don't got anything else using my power than this neon system.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:50 PM

3 weeks is a bit long, yes. Still, wouldn't it be easier to simply disconnect the negative battery cable or put it on a battery tender?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:57 PM

3 weeks is a bit long, yes. Still, wouldn't it be easier to simply disconnect the negative battery cable or put it on a battery tender?
It is, but doesnt a switch in the back seat sound easier from taking everything apart to just get to the fuse or taking out the positive terminal? It may be alright for a while, but I know I'll hate taking out the seat all the time when turning off the unit.

I guess I'll see how the switch idea works this time with the new proper 12V DC switch, if it doesnt, I'm connecting this sucker directly to the battery and forcing myself to disconnect it manually every time its not being used for a 3+ week period.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:15 PM

i have the street glow and put a push button below my left handle to turn them on and off when i want. i have never had any issues with them.

Attached Thumbnails LED accent kits-p1010120.jpg  

Quick Reply: LED accent kits