Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Lake where God Devoured

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake where God Devoured

This is some tuneage by me.

Not good...not bad...just...there...what I think is cool.

What flows through me.

Like it...hate it...spit it out then wish you'd ate it.

Belah Lake The Sea of Reeds Where God Devoured A short by BMG

Bela:
swallower, devourer (Heb)

You can see a benevolent and ingenious creator in the diversity of life from the smallest grain, the most colorful fruit, and the beautiful canvas of nature to the way life compliments each other - all having a unique and unequivocal purpose.

Could such a varied and magnificent creation of life and all living things happen by chance? No - God's loving masterpiece is at work - through us, and the world that surrounds us. Our bodies were designed to fit in harmoniously with this earth, as do the animals who labor with us, feed us, clothe us, and comfort us. Only a loving God could make such a home for us.

Robert L. Herrman, a scientist, was quoted as saying:
Shortly after the December tsunamis, I caught a cable news talk show debating God's role in the disaster. All of the various representatives of faith were present -- Christian, Muslim, and Jew -- to explain why or why not their particular God had chosen to “punish” this area of the world. But like a good episode of "Which of These Things Doesn't Belong" on "Sesame Street" they added one other point of view which was seemingly out of place: the scientific viewpoint. This view was expressed by an atheist who was there to confirm the tsunami as simply a natural disaster and quickly dismiss the notion that a spiritual entity had anything to do with it. But the more I watched their exchanges, the clearer it became to me: The scientific point of view wasn't really the "alternative view that didn't belong," but a religious one that fit right in. Upon further examination, this discovery begins to make more sense. We remember that thousands of years ago the world was primarily polytheistic ("The worship of or belief in more than one god”). For the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and others, there were many Gods with various functions. As the world's societies progressed, so too, did their religious beliefs. The belief in many Gods was often replaced with the belief in one. So it should come as no surprise now that the belief in one God is evolving into a belief in none. Today, there is a growing arrogance among those in the atheist community. They perceive their disassociation from deities and reliance on science as some sort of intellectual high ground. They consider themselves “above religion.” But what many atheists do not realize is that they themselves are actively participating in religion. Just as the color black is known as the "absence of color," yet is still considered a color, so, too, should atheism be known as an "absence of religion,"
"Everywhere you look in science, the harder it becomes to understand the universe without God."

Old 09-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lake where God Devoured

[sm=icon_rock.gif] Nice jam bmg. Interesting text as well. Wanna hear more!

Old 09-16-2007, 08:39 PM

Wow! are you saying that is your guitar work? Sounds like Satriani or Vai. Mad skills man!

Old 09-16-2007, 09:43 PM
jg

It is a nice piece of writing, however it still pushes the belief that if you do not believe in God then you are arrogant, yet the very idea of pressing this way of thinking is arrogant in and of itself. I worked in a hospital for years and saw people of all faiths overcome great hardship, and some that did not, and not all of them believed that a "God" created everything, or that there was one at all. It would very convenient if that were true, and also very simplified.

Because we can not explain something does not mean it is "God's" work. It could be we just do not know about it yet.

For the record when my christian friends, or whoever,have problems, I encourage them to seek fellowship in their own faith.The power of prayer is absolute, that much we might agree on. Most that believe in God, do so for the fear of what might happen if they don't. I admire anyone though that has a seeking spirit to know the truth.

I still think you are a good writer.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: EPNF4i

Wow! are you saying that is your guitar work? Sounds like Satriani or Vai. Mad skills man!
Thanks...both you guys above.

I played off and on for the past...20 years...more off than on.

To the issue of belief, faith, philosophy, and the like...

As far as arrogance and disbelief.

I think what the commentator was just trying to point out was how ironic it is that Darwinists often insist, or at least subscribe to the general
idea that the earth, us, the things in and around us are just flotsam an jetsum...a random...mess...more or less.

Then these same types genraly insist that it is pious of something so insignificant as man to believe that he was created by a higher, un-comprehensible
power, when al we are is ameoba.

Trust me, I once did not believe...Plato, Aristotle, and every ack Darwin humping channel 13 hack scientist were my gods.

But...
Once you see...truly see the world, and everything in it for what it really is...everything is so simple...yet complex.

Easy, yet so difficult.

I'm not talking religion here...

Today religion, Televangelists, most have about as much idea of what God is truly about, as I know about...well whatever it is I don;t know about.

Shakespeare...I have very little knowledge of him...

You get what I mean.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:21 AM

You believe what you want, Science has explained way more things than the bible and god. Its like the 23 thing, if you want something to be that way than you will always come up with that answer.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:47 PM

What will happen if we ever discover exterrestrial life?

Old 09-17-2007, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

What will happen if we ever discover exterrestrial life?
The Bible does not deny, discuss, or in any way mention spaceships and aliens...agent Mulder, nor Scully.

There very well may be little green men...somewhere in the cosmos.

The thing scientists don't get is that...that proves nothing...and certainly does not disprove the existence of God.

Also, just because Scientists understand how something works and put a name to the object or process, maybe something
that long ago was simply thought of as "Magic".

That does not disprove God neither.

God gave man a brain. The ability to think, reason, and to use logic.

"My ways are not your ways or ways of the Earth". ~God Bible~

God may be splitting time between the Milky Way and a galaxy whose light and existence are not even known to us.

In other words, THINK..ABOUT IT.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:00 PM
Banned

I can't for the the life of me figure out why in the hell we have a discussion about the existence (or lack thereof), of a god in any form.

If I'm not mistaken, it's not only a ridiculous arguement, but one that CBRforum.com has posted rules forbiding.

Old 09-17-2007, 05:06 PM

But because there is a book called the Bible, that proves there is a god? Im not starting a fight here. Nor do I want to. And I know that we are not supposed to be talking about this.

Quick Reply: Lake where God Devoured