Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

The Kentucky Kid movie??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Kentucky Kid movie??

ORIGINAL: doncollins
05RR "hillbilly or a wannabe black guy". How could you put that together. He does have a big country accent, but he's not a hillbilly.
Hmmm...well, I think that every city/area is different and has diferent views on society. Up around this way, you can't tell the difference between a "hillbilly" or a black guy. Why? Well, you'll have some big ol' trucks rolling around town playing rap music as loud as they can...you'll also have your Escalade's on 24's playing some good ol' Country music. He does have an accent. Hell, I met him in person. Didn't get to talk to him long but all in all he was a great guy. I just said that because when they showed some clips of a few of the press conferences, he talked a lil funny. It's probally just me though, IDK.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:24 PM
Retired Administrator

Didn't mean anything by what I said, just a funny/strange comparison to me.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:21 PM

Thanks for the find, 05RR. I'd have to agree with the rest of you, that was the bestthing thatMTV has ever aired. It was interesting to see what it's like behind the scenes and off the track. I don't think he's a hillbilly.... he's just one of the good ol' boys.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:18 PM

Hes a country boy... If your from the south you know he's not tryin to be black. lol Hillbilly is like the movie "wrong turn"... Think west virginia.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:20 PM

That'd be a pain in the a$$ bike to try to keep. I mean I would have done the same and had it in the contract (wonder if all/most riders do that).. but it's all protoype parts. So when something breaks on the engine... good luck.

05RR "hillbilly or a wannabe black guy". How could you put that together. He does have a big country accent, but he's not a hillbilly.
for some reason i dont think nicky would have a problem finding a replacement part if he needed it

Old 11-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Retired Administrator

For now... but Honda treats their riders like crap so I'm sure he'll move on to better things soon. Don't get me wrong, I love Hondas because I like the bikes. I like Nicky as a rider because I love how that family has poured everything into racing and they are still together and a tight family. When he took his dad on the victory lap in 06 at the US GP.... priceless.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:24 PM

No self respectin hilly billy would be caught dead on a jap bike. I guess living in appalachia, I see the different categories of red neck, hilly billy and country boys. Nicky is just a small town country boy.
Being from the South as I am, I'll throw in some derogatory stereotypical words of my own.
"city slicker"..."gangsta"..."da hood"..."rude *** yankee"..."rude *** yankee who needs his *** kicked".

Seriously, most of the goofball stuff in Nicky's character is small town related, not geographically related.

Old 11-24-2007, 05:28 PM

How come Stephy's vids are down?

How do you download/save the vids, files etc.linked from the other site?

Old 11-24-2007, 06:11 PM

The links don't work... anybody else got these?

Old 11-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just downloaded the file and have not had a chance to watch it. I just have to hear from thefeller I downloaded it from to see if it is ok to place the link. I will let you know by tomorrow.

Quick Reply: The Kentucky Kid movie??