Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

keep your visor down while riding

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 03:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-30-2007, 03:48 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: keep your visor down while riding

damn that guy is lucky ! i hate that when freakin **** flys up and hits you in the eye. even when im riding with sunglasses on it still freaks me out . hurts too lol

Old 04-30-2007, 04:06 AM

Never lift your visor up all the way while riding. Just open it a slit and the brush of air coming in should be enough to vent out any hot air and clear the fogging up. Extremely lucky guy...and double for his bike.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:01 AM

Yeah, during daylight hours I wear sunglasses with a foam guard around the eyes to keep anything from getting in my eyes while I ahve my visor up, but at night, my visor is never more than a crack open. Lucky lucky man.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:03 AM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

Never lift your visor up all the way while riding. Just open it a slit and the brush of air coming in should be enough to vent out any hot air and clear the fogging up. Extremely lucky guy...and double for his bike.
when i lift it up just a bit it like shoves the air stight to my eyes it hurts too. less air hits my yes when i open it all the way, idk why.

anyways i only have up when my fog stuff wares out. but i dont see(<--- ahhahah) why if it hit his eye he would react like that. i have had the same thing happen to me but i dont swerv. once i had a bug go in my mouth and i hade my helmet on. it was nastyyyyy. i polled over and started coghing really hard to get it out. ppl where looking at me .

Old 04-30-2007, 10:17 AM

Heck I'd fall off if a bug it me in the eye. I hit SOMETHING going 30mph and it left a huge welt on my neck. When I ride in the country my windscreen and face shield are covered with bugs it's gross. Sometimes they hit me in the neck and I just want to scream it hurts like a ****.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:29 AM

I bug in the eye is going to hurt. back in my cruiser days, when I only wore the half helmets, I was hit in the ear by a wasp. That almost made me wipe it. felt like a rock hitting me in the ear, only that initial hot pain never went away.the dang thing was still stuck in my ear, dead, and stinger in my ear.

anyway, that guy has someone watching over him that night. He probably still doesnt realize that he's now on borrowed time.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: krash

I bug in the eye is going to hurt. back in my cruiser days, when I only wore the half helmets, I was hit in the ear by a wasp. That almost made me wipe it. felt like a rock hitting me in the ear, only that initial hot pain never went away.the dang thing was still stuck in my ear, dead, and stinger in my ear.

anyway, that guy has someone watching over him that night. He probably still doesnt realize that he's now on borrowed time.
yea they do fell like little rocks. dam little bugers. wasps are pritty big. that must of sucked for you.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:38 PM

yeah, def. keep the visor down..thats what vents are for[&:]

Old 04-30-2007, 02:04 PM

Wow, this could have been so much differently if it were a truck... +1 for visor down at all times. I only let it up at red lights, I have a KBC VIPER and the vents are very effective to keep fresh air circulating so it doesn't fog up, only in the winter it does but you can buy an anti-fog visor or that stuff to put on the visor. This guy is so blessed to have walked away from that, cause the fall was the least of it. We all take many things for granted, such as our eyes, please wear some kind glasses or keep that visor down.

Quick Reply: keep your visor down while riding