Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

KBs Coast-to-Coast Diary **New & Improved w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KBs Coast-to-Coast Diary

You sir....are one lucky SOB. Those are awesome pictures, and hopefully your time in Vegas has been just as good. Now that your into the trip a ways.....what do you wish you would have done different so far????

Gods Speed

Red [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 08-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Red600RR

You sir....are one lucky SOB. Those are awesome pictures, and hopefully your time in Vegas has been just as good. Now that your into the trip a ways.....what do you wish you would have done different so far????

Gods Speed

Red [sm=smiley20.gif]
Thanks Red .. it's definitely been a trip of a lifetime so far. Good question ... I guess I'll have to give it some more thought as to what I would change but I do know from past trips that no matter how many changes you make there's always still something else that might make it better so I just try to go with it .. whatever it is .. to me that makes life and trips more fun otherwise you spend the entire trip thinking of what would make it better so I just try to have fun with whatever hand is dealt.

I think as far as motorcycle related portions of the trip is concerned I severely underestimated the pain on my back, legs and *** but I'm not sure what if anything I could've changed to remedy that short of a different bike. Another thing on the pain on the legs is due to bent back position of the rearsets on sportbikes as opposed to touring bikes so I might've looked for adjustable rearsets. My main intention was not to change my sportbike into a touring bike (I could've just bought another bike for that) but to make whatever minor modifications could be made easily and cost effectively that would help with this trip but still keep it a pure sportbike at heart. As I had mentioned though, even with the pain I still don't regret anything (even with the pain) and would do it again but a bit shorter trip next time .. but this one was worth the experience just to know it was doable.

There are a few minor things I might have done differently but they're insignificant, such as; having spent time looking for better high definition glasses, with bright sun one minute right in your face and then quick change the next it would've been nice to have along the way. Also, for the first time I found the particular Corbin seat for the 954 is pretty much useless after a few hours. Trading with my friends FJR for a stretch here and there really showed what a difference a touring seat makes. Again not sure how I could've changed that but I might've looked into alternative possibilities had I known how painful it can be after hour number 3.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:55 PM

take your feet off the pegs and let them "fly" in the wind - stretches out your hips, ankles, and toes

seriously - lie on the tank bag, let the wind hold your legs up... if it won't go faster, or hook your ankles on the pegs.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 PM

dude, those are some sick pictures! ahh i wish i could go on one of these adventures coast to coast, im only 2.5 hrs from the east coast so maybe drive down there, stand on the beach, then treck back towards the west coast on the bike and stand on the wc beach, man.... coast to coast on a motorcycle..... what a trip!

Old 09-01-2008, 10:27 PM

Ferrari F430 Scuderia, in case anyone really, really wanted to know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um6GCzKQudg

Glad you're in one piece, KB.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:41 AM

Thank you for the pictures and all the info!

I am planning to do a similar trip coming year hopefully, if I have the time. I learned a lot from your trip and you've provided lots of useful info!

Thanks a lot!

Old 09-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Retired Moderator

No problem Quick, any info. I can help you with feel free to ask.

Well, I didn't quite make it down to Tijuana like I planned but got to Naval base at the tip of San Diego which I guess is pretty good since that's as far as I could go and drink the water

CLICK ON THUMBNAILS FOR LARGER SIZE

over 200 pictures taken and don't have time to post an album but here are a few:

All the times I've been and this is first shot I actually took of the famous sign:

Beaches near Hoover Dam (nice and very scenic spot):

Don't mind the "no motor vehicles sign", you know I had to take that twisty road It was built like a track / twisty mountain road all combined into one for several miles with not a single vehicle on it or any roads coming into it .. sweet!

Ate so much good food it was a wonder I could get back on the bike without having to reset the suspension for 2up weight:

Speaking of cheesecake, you know I couldn't leave Vegas without taking in a few shows

I'm not a big chopper fan but they had several of these Suicide Kings Choppers throughout the rio and I must admit they're pretty badass:

oh, here you go doodoo, in the rio, at the top there's a restaurant overlooking the strip .. makes a nice new avatar 4 u:

I'll try and write up a full report of the trip when I get a chance.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:10 PM

Wow, I'd love to do that one day. If you dont mind my asking... how much were fuel expenses for the trip? (And did you figure out your gas mileage? I'd guess it was about as good as it would ever get...)

Old 09-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow awesome pics KB!!! So are you guys back home in Atlanta now or no??

Roadtrips are the best!!! We'll have to get together sometime soon.... can't wait to see some more of the pics

BTW.... did you tap some of those ho's while you were out there or what?? [8D]

Old 09-12-2008, 07:03 AM

Dude awesome trip man!!!! I've always wanted to do a road trip on the bike from WI to Vegas. Maybe one day, but first it'll be to the dragon.

Quick Reply: KBs Coast-to-Coast Diary **New & Improved w/pics