Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

I'll Explain

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Retired Admin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 11-17-2006, 08:13 AM
Default RE: I'll Explain

i'm sorry but that still is not humaine of how they ended that situation. they have spike-strips, rubber bullets and other methods to take him down. that's just my 2 cents..

Old 11-17-2006, 11:01 AM

not cool

Old 11-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Retired Moderator

I think the majority of other countries deal with criminals much differently than us, for better or worse. The end narration said that Spain is basically fed up with terrorism, and that is why they were so aggressive. You gotta feel bad for a guy that held people in fear for their lives while demanding money and drugs...poor victim.

Edit: Maybe not enought sarcasm?

Old 11-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

umm, are we forgetting this guy just held up a bank?

i think he was lucky they only pulled out in front of him, and not run over and/or shot his ***!

Old 11-17-2006, 06:41 PM

I understand he is the criminal - but it was still in-justice of how they did it. they used more tactical force then nessecary.
I also heard they wouldnt take terrorism anymore (in the vid) but that would be like me shooting a gang-member on tape and being like "well i'm fed up with gang violence, I lost a friend from a gang-member so i'm nipping it in the butt with aggressive force now"

and then when he flipped twice over the car, they got 8 cops - put him in handcuffs (like he was going to go somewhere? ha) and they picked him up like an object and put him somewhere (dont believe they showed where they took him)

I just believe they could of made a better out-come of this situation then what they did..

Old 11-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: rrasco
i think he was lucky they only pulled out in front of him, and not run over and/or shot his ***!
[sm=exactly.gif]

If he was in America, and they had SWAT on the buildings and in surrounding areas, maybe they would have shot his ***...that would have been a heavier price to pay. It would be hard to judge what was prudent without knowing all the details. Was the force they used excessive? Maybe...maybe not. The video doesn't mention he died of injuries later or anything. Just my 812 pesos.

Old 11-17-2006, 08:31 PM

If they didn't kill him, they should have. I hope they took him to a cold wet corner to die.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:07 PM

+1

UH, didn't he know that stealing and holding people hostage is against the rights of others, therefore illegal? Is he a moron? He should be locked up for the safety of others. Book him, Dano.

Old 11-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Banned

Just for future reference, you MUST handcuff a suspect, in most cases, even after it can be determined, from a non-physicians point of view, that he is dead. If they took him out with the car, an d DIDN'T cuff him, what would the response be then?

"Oh he's dangerous enough to hit with a car but he doesn't need handcuffed?"

You people have got to understand that there is more to todays law enforcement than you're realizing. You lay spike strips and you risk the man somehow being able to stay upright and continue on, presumably at a higher speed and possibly place innocents in harms way. Hey, stranger things have happened. They, at the time, felt this was the best way to end a dangerous situation, and it worked.

You are in no position to critcize the actions of those putting themselves in harms way every day for a paycheck that MAY be SLIGHTLY higher than yours. Yeah, some cops are dicks, but guess what, some bikers are dicks and some aren't.

Some black people are jerks, some aren't. Some white people are pitiful trash, some aren't. There is no need to point out the fact that another human being can be categorized based on their profession when the same sweeping generalization can be applied to humanity itself, as a whole.

That jackass got just what he deserved. Just because he was on a bike doesn't in any way make me sympathize with him. I'd like to see what the naysayers here would do if it was their families inside that bank...

"Let's just talk to him..." Come on, guys, wake up.

Quick Reply: I'll Explain