Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

I really want a second (and more) bike!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I really want a second (and more) bike!

EDIT: For the moderators; although this thread contains pictures, they are only included to highlight what I'm talking about. The nature of the pictures is secondary so please don't move it to sights and sounds!

So, I have a 1999 CBR600F4 which I absolutely love. I could have gone with a slightly newer model (F4i) but I got a good deal on this bad boy, plus it had some fairing damage and was going to paint the bike black anyway. I put some money into it (elbow grease) and because I did I really got to know the bike well.

However, I long for a second bike. My 'dream bike' (a realistic choice that is. Not the 'if you could get anything you wanted' type of dream bike). Is the 2004/5 CBR1000RR. Especially the one with the red decals shown below (my F4 looks a lot like it and it wasn't even on purpose -to replicate the RR-):

(I've changed couple things since this picture, turn signals, painted the exhaust downtube and tip black as well as the rear pegs and some other stuff. The rim striping has been removed too.)

I started a thread a while back that I think was called "I WANT IT" and I mentioned the 2011 CBR600F. I stated that it would be the only brand new bike I would buy if I had the money. I still do like the bike but it's not sexy like the '04/'05 1000RR. I also already have a 600 so why buy the newer latest version of what you already have. If it replaces a bike then it would make sense but I'm not going to do that, so I would then have two 600's...

My F4 is plenty fast but I like how effortless a 1000 will accelerate without wringing it's neck. I've ridding my friend's Gixxer 1000 a few times lately and I love how all that power feels. Even if you aren't trying to power wheelie it everywhere. It's nice to have instant power on tap.

Why not get the '04/'05 600RR? Well, I'm too tall/big for it. at 6'3 and about 200lbs I'm very uncomfortable on a 600RR, but not on the 1000 (as far as comfort goes on a super sport. I might have to get a Corbin). I also bought the F4 over a different bike because of the comfort and practicality level. If it came in a 900 or 1000 version (not the 900+ but the exact same look, comfort level but more power), I would have bought that.

I carry a passenger on a daily basis lately and she's really comfortable but it feels loaded on longer trips that is. The commute is fine. I'm keeping it regardless and see a VERY small chance that I will ever get rid of it.
What I'm probably going to do is to save up for it and buy it as soon as I can. Probably over, or near, the winter when prices are lower because prices here aren't low like in the US. Lucky bastards!

The third bike I want is a CBR1100XX. It's not very pretty (compared to my F4 and the 1000RR) but throw a top case (or just a backrest), some hard panniers and VFR clip ons on it and it should be a mean long distance (2UP) sport touring bike! I would get a black one of course:

I'm doing my first 4000KM tour through Europe this summer on the F4 but whenever I get another gf, I would want her to, be able to, tag along. It's doable on the F4 but as I mentioned before it feels loaded on longer trips with the passenger I have now (and she's only 50/55kg). I feel I need some extra grunt.

Bleh, just had to get it off my chest.

Who here also longs for another (additional) bike and understands what I'm saying? I know a few of you have multiple bikes so let me hear your thoughts!

PS: Sorry for the long *** post!

Attached Thumbnails I really want a second (and more) bike!-2005-cbr1000rr.jpg   I really want a second (and more) bike!-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by UnderAssumedName; 06-10-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want a Ducati 1198s.

But yeah man - if the 1k bikes feel more comfy, you like the instant power, and that fits your riding style then I say go for it

Old 06-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I want a Ducati 1198s.

But yeah man - if the 1k bikes feel more comfy, you like the instant power, and that fits your riding style then I say go for it
+1

but i love the red and black scheme also, as im sure you can tell by my bike, the black and red fireblade is sex.

Name:  2011-05-17_17-49-06_442.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  118.8 KB

Old 06-10-2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
I want a Ducati 1198s.

+1198

Oh **** yeah. That bike is pure sex and the sound is like no other but that thing is even more uncomfortable than a 600RR!! It's one of the few bikes that even looks sweet in white.
I sat on a 1098 at the dealership and although my mind said 'sweeeettt' my *** instantly said 'get me off!'.

I mentioned the Honda's in my first post but I've been thinking about a naked bike as a second bike forever. I test rode the CB1300 which was alright, but it's bland and I felt cold, compared to a bike with fairings, so I wouldn't want to ride it in the winter.

I've wanted a Ducati Monster 900/1000 for years because that sound is just awesome and it would be more practical than a 748/749/999 (in the lower price range 848+ for the sexy stuff) etc. but it has a tiny seat for the passenger and putting 20k km's a year on it would be costly! That sound is awesome though, I often chase Ducati's just to listen to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPS8A4yc_b8

I had a gf at the time I bought the F4 and comfort was a big factor. I probably will get a Ducati some day but it will be a weekend toy, not a main way of transportation.

Now if I had unlimited resources I would get one for sure (amongst many other bikes). I don't, so in this 'realistic' situation the 1000 is my more logical, but still awesome, choice.

Attached Thumbnails I really want a second (and more) bike!-ducati-1198s-09-2.jpg   I really want a second (and more) bike!-ducati-recalls-2009-2010-motorcycles-11921_1.jpg  

Last edited by UnderAssumedName; 06-10-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:12 AM

Now the question is... which will I get first? Although I really want the 1000. The 1100 is the more practical choice, is cheaper and will probably settle my thirst for 'instant power'. At least for a little bit... it just doesn't have the appeal of the RR.

AHHHHH!!

Old 06-10-2011, 08:54 AM

I have many desires to get extra bikes. I want to keep my stuntbike but the secondary bikes I want are probably:

Built custom fighter with 1000cc engine. (Don't really know what engine I want but I want to start with an f4i frame.)

A 2k7 VFR interceptor with hardcases for touring and commuting to work:

A dedicated track bike, maybe a 600rr?

Annddd a custom cruiser style bike. Smoething similar to a Stryker maybe, haven't put much thought into it.

Oh and I forgot this baby. The BMW 1200GS

Last edited by cynicalrider; 06-10-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: addition
Old 06-10-2011, 05:07 PM
July 2008 ROTM

More than one bike, each doing something better than the other is awesome. I wish I had more. My ZX-10 is a nice alternative to my F4i. And I'm looking forward to more drag strip sessions this year so I can break it into the 9's.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:38 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I want evo 848. But I am too short for it, so it will be just my dream.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:26 PM

I'd just like one of every bike ever made.... But semi-realistically:

Commuter: Triumph Speed Triple '08 in white (I think that's the year they still had the round headlights and white scheme)

:droooool:

Street "fun": '09+ CBR1k / RC51 SP2

Track: BMW S1RR / RC51 SP2

Stunt: Any year CBR 954 RR