Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

I gave her a handful of throttle ... ZOMG!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 03:21 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I gave her a handful of throttle ... ZOMG!!

The bike spins up so quickly in the higher reaches of the tacho before I could change up she had already danced to 11.5K
and would have darted for 15K if I wasn't so quick on the upchange ..lol

My God, what this video doesn't show is the sheer force that is pushing me back in the seat and the lightness of the front end,
or me gritting my teeth ..lol

you can see the bike has risen up on the front forks though in third as I accelerate ...I only give it about 6-7K in second and then
let it go to 11.5K in 3rd as I didn't want the fabled face full of sky ..lol, I am only light(ish) and the bike pulls like a train with me on it.

Again the video doesn't convey the huge speed I reach before the bend and the heavy braking just before I turn in ... it was much more exciting,
living it than watching it, trust me ..lol ... oh my poor heart was beating 20 to the dozen ..lol

Also as I knew I was to venture into warp space you can see I am about twice the distance further back from the bend than the photo ...just .. in ...case ..lol

Be sure to watch in HQ on youtube itself for best effect and yes when I finally opened my eyes(j/k) the speed was horrendous as I approached the bend ....

Oh, and get the volume up and listen to that beautiful engine :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WldOj...eature=channel

The lake on my left is Llyn Brenig, where I do a lot of my photoshoots for the bike :-)

The Bend itself :-) ..it's a wonderful road and normally I never meet traffic on it except this time ..Sod's law ..lol

Old 06-04-2009, 06:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speeding on the wrong side of the road...wow your crazy! lmao

Another great video Juliet! Your loving that bike. What are you using for a camera mount?

Old 06-04-2009, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by shawnyc01f4i
Speeding on the wrong side of the road...wow your crazy! lmao

Another great video Juliet! Your loving that bike. What are you using for a camera mount?
thank you, yes ... I am loving this bike so much and having a blast :-)

my camera mount is not available in the shops ;-)

Jules

Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 AM

Thats the first thing I noticed about making videos is that you cant really see the acceleration on the video or even a real idea of the speed, it just doesn't translate to video for some reason. Years ago I took some video of us hill climbing on bikes, the hills were nearly straight up and down but on video it looked like a small hump in the trail. You would see a guy wreck and go rolling down the hill and be like: WTF, why is rolling? It was really strange! Video is weird that way....

Old 06-04-2009, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rod38um
Thats the first thing I noticed about making videos is that you cant really see the acceleration on the video or even a real idea of the speed, it just doesn't translate to video for some reason.

Yes, you are so right Rod ... these videos always look much slower than I am actually going ..I was absolutely blasting towards that first bend with so much acceleration I could hardly hold on ..lol and after I braked and went round it I was touching speeds of 100mph on those sweepers but it looks more like 60mph ... the only thing you can notice is how far away that first bend is and then when my bike hits the power band in third and fourth how quickly I am upon it ..lol

I do know that at 1:17 I was actually well over 100mph

When I pull over at the lake I am on such a high :-)

Jules

Last edited by Juliet; 06-04-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator

Riding *is* such a blast!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Juliet
Seriously, this is one of the most picturesque perspectives I've seen in a motorcycle-type photo... Either you've got some talent with all these great pics or you're just too surrounded by immense beauty and photographic opportunity to take a bad pic!!

Really a great pic...

Edit: Look at how green that friggin grass is!! Gosh I'm jealous of that countryside and that bike!!

Last edited by chuckbear; 06-04-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Look at how green that friggin grass is!! Gosh I'm jealous of that countryside and that bike!!
Right!? Juliet, can you FEDEX me some of the lawn for my front yard?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Seriously, this is one of the most picturesque perspectives I've seen in a motorcycle-type photo... Either you've got some talent with all these great pics or you're just too surrounded by immense beauty and photographic opportunity to take a bad pic!!

Really a great pic...

thank you :-) ..and, um ..can I have the emboldened option?? ..lol

Originally Posted by shawnyc01f4i
Right!? Juliet, can you FEDEX me some of the lawn for my front yard?
that is what happens when you get nearly two weeks of on and off rain and then the sun comes back out ... everything is so vividly colourful :-)

Jules

Quick Reply: I gave her a handful of throttle ... ZOMG!!