Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

How 2 Wheels Changed My Life

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neonfire
Well done! I completely understand what you are saying! I just got my first bike a few months back and after riding for the tail end of summer I cant imagine not having it now! Helmet goes on and nothing else matters!
Thank you very much!! This will be my 3rd riding season...I remember when I first got my bike.. You couldn't pull me off it..it was bad.. I even chased snow plows down the street..I was in a wee bit of denial.. I didn't want Winter to come!! LOL yeah.. hardcore!! I could never imagine my life without my bike now.. it just wouldn't be the same. Ride safe!!!

~Denise~

Old 12-06-2012, 10:30 AM

Chasing snow ploughs is what I'm doing right now, snows been mad here and I still had to ride, makes for a very interesting experience and a really important lesson about care and safe riding.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by CommonMistake
Chasing snow ploughs is what I'm doing right now, snows been mad here and I still had to ride, makes for a very interesting experience and a really important lesson about care and safe riding.
I agree 100%.. luckily we haven't had much snow so far.. mild temps hovering around 5C.. but sometimes can go up to 10C.. very strange for this time of year..but I'm not complaining.. I like it.. last Winter here was a mild one as well..only deal with that is freezing rain.. then that is a no go with a bike.. unless I can put chains on the tires lol ohh well.. tis the season..can't wait till Spring..
take care..ride safe!! cheers!

Old 12-06-2012, 11:55 PM

I've been looking into snow chains for bikes and there are a lot of people making their own so there are a few of us who refuse to stop riding because of some snow. One guy just tied rope around his rear wheel, course he had to remove the hugger and stop every now ad then to check it was still secure. I normally love snow but when it interferes with riding that's when I wish for mild winters and all the salt they put on the roads round here is not good for your bike, or car for that matter.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by CommonMistake
I've been looking into snow chains for bikes and there are a lot of people making their own so there are a few of us who refuse to stop riding because of some snow. One guy just tied rope around his rear wheel, course he had to remove the hugger and stop every now ad then to check it was still secure. I normally love snow but when it interferes with riding that's when I wish for mild winters and all the salt they put on the roads round here is not good for your bike, or car for that matter.
yeah..I would have to agree with you.. they use salt and sand here.. which is horrid for a bike.. I would have to come back from my ride and wash all the crap off it.. I think I rusted out my first chain riding in snowy conditions.. I heard that BMW was the only brand that actually made chains for bike tires..
tying rope around the back tire eh?! wow that is hardcore!!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:51 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

For me it's also the anticipation to ride...I'm in L.A so we ride year round but due to work & family, I only get to ride weekends....and the anticipation feels great too. Riding itself can only be felt. No words can really express how one feels. The is a fine line though, that we must make it as safe as possible. Because things can change so fast, abruptly if not careful. I personally love riding is colder weather....sweating in my gears don't feel too good...LOL...

Old 12-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

That was a bloody awesome vid!! So so so so true! Gave me goosebumps. Thank you.
+1

I totally Respect

Old 12-08-2012, 05:49 AM

That was an excellent video and was the perfect start to my day! Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to put it all together

The music was cute too!

Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by butcherspencil
That was an excellent video and was the perfect start to my day! Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to put it all together

The music was cute too!
Thank you very much!! I'm so glad you enjoyed my video..that puts a smile on my face!!

Old 12-10-2012, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life
For me it's also the anticipation to ride...I'm in L.A so we ride year round but due to work & family, I only get to ride weekends....and the anticipation feels great too. Riding itself can only be felt. No words can really express how one feels. The is a fine line though, that we must make it as safe as possible. Because things can change so fast, abruptly if not careful. I personally love riding is colder weather....sweating in my gears don't feel too good...LOL...
Thanks for taking the time to watch my video..I appreciate that.. It's true.. it can't really be put in words..it is an indescribable feeling.. I tried my best to put how I feel in words.. your right..things can happen fast.. its the chance we take every time we swing our leg over that machine.. I don't mind riding in the cooler weather either.. but i am kinda jealous that you get to ride all year round.. I try my best to get out there as much as I can during the Winter..we have been lucky so far.. I'm still riding!! cheers!

Quick Reply: How 2 Wheels Changed My Life