Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

On the highway

  #1  
Old 01-27-2014, 12:41 AM
RydnaCBR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 579
Default On the highway

Tons of snow on the ground... Stuck in the house... With a computer, plenty of ride footage and the interwebs...




Think spring, guys... Hang in there...
 
  #2  
Old 01-27-2014, 01:51 AM
CBR forever's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Posts: 61
Default

Hmmm... I feel if I comment on this about the last time I rode and what the temperature was some people who send me some hate mail lol
 
  #3  
Old 01-27-2014, 01:52 AM
CBR forever's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Posts: 61
Default

Don't know why but I was kinda digging the song lol not my typical kinda music I listen to
 
  #4  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:18 AM
RydnaCBR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 579
Default

Originally Posted by CBR forever View Post
Hmmm... I feel if I comment on this about the last time I rode and what the temperature was some people who send me some hate mail lol

Hmmm... The last time I rode it was 10 degrees F and there was over a foot of snow... Of course I was riding a snowboard down a rehabbed landfill... Ha... Enjoy the riding weather in your area for all of us, CBR Forever... Not one here will find fault in that...
 
  #5  
Old 01-27-2014, 09:22 AM
RydnaCBR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 579
Default

Originally Posted by CBR forever View Post
Don't know why but I was kinda digging the song lol not my typical kinda music I listen to

Yeah, I really had a hard time getting the cassette tape to fit in the computer... lol...
 
  #6  
Old 01-27-2014, 10:09 AM
CBR forever's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oceanside, Ca
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by RydnaCBR View Post
Yeah, I really had a hard time getting the cassette tape to fit in the computer... lol...
LOL yeah it was about 80 when I last went riding which was about two weeks ago. Only thing keeping me from riding now is an ear infection keeping me from putting a helmet on.
 
  #7  
Old 01-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Mattson's Avatar
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vääksy, Finland
Posts: 2,382
Default

Originally Posted by RydnaCBR View Post
Hmmm... The last time I rode it was 10 degrees F and there was over a foot of snow... Of course I was riding a snowboard down a rehabbed landfill... Ha... Enjoy the riding weather in your area for all of us, CBR Forever... Not one here will find fault in that...

Was thinking about posting somewhat the same, only in lake ice and powered by a sailkite.

Can't see the video cause of some copyright issues with the music...

What snowboard do you have? Got a Rossignol circuit '12 model myself, got it cheap last winter when a shop was having a clearance sale, that was the last one of it's kind.
 
  #8  
Old 01-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Conrice's Avatar
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,148
Default

Originally Posted by RydnaCBR View Post


Think spring, guys... Hang in there...
Yeah, and then it's road construction season...


I hear though. Great vid. I didn't realize you had been away from it for 16 years. I'm glad you made the return.
 
  #9  
Old 01-28-2014, 08:50 AM
RydnaCBR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 579
Default

Originally Posted by Mattson View Post
What snowboard do you have? Got a Rossignol circuit '12 model myself, got it cheap last winter when a shop was having a clearance sale, that was the last one of it's kind.


I got a Burton Patrol that is just as old as the cassette tape that I got stuck in my computer... I've been revisiting plenty of my old activities over the last few years...
 
  #10  
Old 01-28-2014, 09:10 AM
RydnaCBR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 579
Default

Originally Posted by Conrice View Post
I hear though. Great vid. I didn't realize you had been away from it for 16 years. I'm glad you made the return.


Yeah, I rode pretty regularly in my early twenty's... My job required me to have a truck to haul my scuba gear around but didn't pay enough to enable me to ride... I didn't miss riding at the time, only cause I was diving 500+ times a year... (Safety & Rescue, Search & Recovery, on top of all my personal shipwreck dives)


There has been a few jobs and some hobbies since that have held my interests... (that's a whole nother story) but I found my way back to riding and didn't think to much about missing it until my first long ride. (road trip) Then I started to feel that I had lost time with a bike and the road... I did lots of long distance rides with my first bikes and didn't realize how must fun I had riding until a wiser me, 16 years later, packed up a motorcycle and hit the road... Sorry for going all nostalgic...
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: On the highway


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.