Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Hey, hold this, I'm driving my Ferrari FXX

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey, hold this, I'm driving my Ferrari FXX

Yeah not such a good driver there.

As for Jay Leno saying the paddle shifter is not for men....

My wife's dream car is the Ferrari 550. It's an old school "stick shift". When she saw that the 575 comes with the "paddles", she said, "Well, I guess it's gonna be the 550, because those paddle thingysare gay."

Looks like paddle shifters aren't for some women either.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:21 AM

Idk who said that paddle shifters are faster (which in some cases is true and in some its not). The reason there doing paddle shifts in ferraris/lambo/etc is because well rich people who cant drive stick wouldnt be buying them now would they hahaha?

Me personally i prefer stick full on. Imagine your bike being with paddles? How boring would that be

Old 01-28-2008, 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: bluej511

Idk who said that paddle shifters are faster (which in some cases is true and in some its not). The reason there doing paddle shifts in ferraris/lambo/etc is because well rich people who cant drive stick wouldnt be buying them now would they hahaha?

Me personally i prefer stick full on. Imagine your bike being with paddles? How boring would that be
Actually im pretty sure that paddle shifting would be faster no matter what condition you were in while racing. Humans CANNOT out do electronics when it comes to speed. But just for sake of arguement, please tell me what cases that a paddle shift would not be faster in.

I love the feel of useing the clutch pedal and the shifter when Im driving. I miss my manual sports car and would never trade it for paddle shifting but its old news and old technology.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:37 AM

I'm pretty sure that in autox either you'd confuse the pcm or it wont up-down shift fast enough.

Btw the chargers are tiptronic and so far from what ive driven a lot of them upshift on there own once you get close to redline

Idk about old news and old technology. To me the 2 best car manufacturers are Honda and Porsche. They can get so much hp out of small motors and porsche well because they truly are the best sports cars out there handling/comfort/ergonomics/engine and well they still make most of there cars manual

Old 01-29-2008, 09:15 PM

Blue, wwhat you say is true, only for low end cars, like ours and HONDAS. High end cars (Farrari, Lambos, Bugati, Masserati, Aston Martin, ect. can get a up/down shift done in less than 10/100th of a second while revmatching. NOt even the most experienced race car drivers can get shifts in that quickly.

that being said, I too still prefer the conventional, pedal and stick shifter. Or lever and foot lever for that matter.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:50 AM

tiptronic and such are conventional auto gear boxes, while the smg,dsg,twinclutch and f1 are robotized manuals...