Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Harley @ Deals Gap

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Harley @ Deals Gap

I'm not sure wether to laugh or cry...

The bikers: Idiots. Went into a turn - target fixated and then locked up the rear brake. He had plenty of ground clearance and could have made it easily. Rookie mistake?

The cagers: Yes they didn't stop... I think they didn't stop for the wrong reasons. Stopping that camper van on that road would have been a hazard. On the otherhand they might have been more able to give assistance than the bikers - ie - if the guy had broken his collarbone then it would be easier to get back to base in a cage.

People are genuinely afraid of bikers. I have stopped for cagers at the side of the road - more than once they've taken off. Just like animals, a scared person does irrational things - like leave the scene.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jackass

Old 07-28-2006, 09:03 PM

Why would they thing that the bikers would kick their asses?

Old 07-28-2006, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Munson

I love what the guy in the minivan says after the hog guy drives off the road.

"Dude they're gonna beat our asses."
i still cant get over that the guy said that...he did it so genuine to...*****...and was a harley doin tryin to overtake a camper on the gap? He had to of known that there was a turn ahead...guess he couldnt tell wit the 150 turns that came b4 that one. hope the guy was ok, though he probly isnt. ive been up in those mountains not ridin my bike but in a car and the dropoffs are scary as hell. seen all types of crap down there to like cars, trucks, parts of campers, bikes, just messed up. o well, u live and u learn...hopefully

Old 07-28-2006, 10:39 PM

ORIGINAL: FordFrenzy97

Why would they thing that the bikers would kick their asses?
People that dont ride bikes think we are hard asses, but I guess he thought that they made him go off the road? thats all I could get out it.

Also why would you pass when that whole road was nothing but turns...maybe he been drinking and thats why he locked his back tire up?

Old 07-30-2006, 09:45 PM

the guy on the harley didn't even look like he tried to turn he just rode straight into the ditch he must have been trying to do that

Old 08-01-2006, 09:01 PM

I was a witness to a very similar event. I was on my CB 750 and there was a Yamaha 500 ahead of me when a jockey shifting knucklehead passed us both on a curve, ground out and lost it. He took out the Yamaha when he went down. I stopped to help, and the knucklehead rider was up and trying to break off his kick starter so he could skull punch the Yamaha rider and ME for being in the same curve as him. He also wanted no witnesses to his riding behavior and I am sure he failed a alcohol/drug test. I stayed until the police arrived to defend the Yamaha rider. He was too busted up to help himself. If I was that mini-van driver and heard any remarks at all, I could see for myself that he had assistance and would have left as well. One bad experince is all it takes to make you or them reach for a cell phone and let those that know how to handle it, take over.

Old 08-05-2006, 07:55 PM

Looks like he went in too hot and pushed his front end. Pays to know your turns before you do some stupid **** like that.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:36 PM

Idiot.[sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 08-06-2006, 04:13 AM

I love that video. Good times at the dragon. And thats why when harley riders talk smack I just think about when they do **** like that and laugh to myself everytime.

Quick Reply: Harley @ Deals Gap