Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Harley cop races cbr

Old 11-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harley cop races cbr

Policeman on harley races cbr. Some of you may have seen this already. Its unfortunate he lost his job. Seemed like a good guy that made a bad decision. On another note, what about all the other law enforcement that drive like maniacs just because. And i wonder if the the cbr guy got a ticket.

http://www.wsfa.com/story/23946615/m...-investigation

Last edited by outsider; 11-13-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you dont happen to have a link to the video do you

Old 11-13-2013, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by madmikenz
you dont happen to have a link to the video do you
Thanks for the heads up. Sorry bout that. I used my mobile device to find the story and copy the address. Thing is, that when some web pages detect you're browsing them on a phone, the layout is all funny. It didn't even include the video. I've made the change with the address of the orignal story while using my computer. I think it would be interesting to read the news story with it. If you can't see the video, let me know.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen wilder videos but it was probably not the best example of safe riding the motorcycle cop could have set on a road with other traffic in the area.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So which one of y'all went easy on the cop?

Old 11-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that cop knows how to launch his bike. Great vid, thanks for sharing.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:42 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd hardly call that a race. The 600rr's speedo only hits 60mph - and that's about the flow of traffic later on in the video. He seems like a good guy. They weren't endangering anyone. (there's no turbo though...)

Having said all that - if you catch a LEO acting that way - you have to reprimand him. And if you're going to tout the line that you take the job seriously, you can't be selective - I understand him being fired, even though I think he was probably a good cop otherwise.

Quote from the former officer

"I don't have any hard feelings against the department. All my life and throughout my career I have tried to be humble and reserved, but I'm not perfect. If I could start over I would have never done what I did. I appreciate everyone's support. I can't believe how everything has turned around for me. I guess it's the will of God."

But why would you post that vid? Wouldn't you know you're going to get the guy in trouble? And why would you want to risk getting a cool cop in trouble? That's who I'd want on patrol, not some young rookie who's going to pull over every bike for the sake of pulling over a bike.

Last edited by Conrice; 11-14-2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice
And why would you want to risk getting a cool cop in trouble? That's who I'd want on patrol, not some young rookie who's going to pull over every bike for the sake of pulling over a bike.
THIS.

but it seems like everybody posts vids, even if it embarrasses themselves -- i guess everyone want their .068ms of fame. enjoyed the vid though -- good PR man for the department.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:22 AM

If I can sign an electronic petition to help get his job back, I will. Cops do 20-30 over the speed limit, run red lights and break all kinds of other traffic laws that would be considered more dangerous than this, only because they're a cop and not because they're rushing to a call. There are stories of law enforcement all the time that use excessive force or 15 officers who pump 100 rounds of shots into a person or car with a single individual in it. Some of these incidents, some of the cops aren't even called to participate in the situation, they just happen to be nearby. In many instances (most), they get PAID leave while there's an "invesigation".

Old 11-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by outsider
If I can sign an electronic petition to help get his job back, I will. Cops do 20-30 over the speed limit, run red lights and break all kinds of other traffic laws that would be considered more dangerous than this, only because they're a cop and not because they're rushing to a call. There are stories of law enforcement all the time that use excessive force or 15 officers who pump 100 rounds of shots into a person or car with a single individual in it. Some of these incidents, some of the cops aren't even called to participate in the situation, they just happen to be nearby. In many instances (most), they get PAID leave while there's an "invesigation".
Thankfully he was reinstated

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...ident?gcheck=1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley cop races cbr