Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

The great gig in the sky

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 12-13-2008, 03:11 AM
November 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The great gig in the sky

Ah,Hubble is a Truly masterful thing.
Great constellations & Nebula....Top Tune from a Classic Album

Old 12-13-2008, 04:23 AM
Banned

Thanks Jules. Nice find. I'm going to have the dust off the old Pink Floyd albums now. I had forgetten how much I liked them.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:21 AM

Pink Floyd FTW !!! Nice find Jules

Old 12-13-2008, 08:52 AM

That was sweet I 'am a Floyd fan from way backstarted looking at some of the Hubble pics and I saw this; http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mcBV-c...eature=relatedgives a whole new perspective of where we live no cool Floyd tunes but an eye opener [sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 12-13-2008, 09:31 AM

ORIGINAL: eweppley

Thanks Jules. Nice find. I'm going to have the dust off the old Pink Floyd albums now. I had forgetten how much I liked them.

I have an original LP of Dark side of the Moon left to me by dad, its pretty mint too!! :-)

Floyd is one of those groups you dont think about much until you play them again and think, yes ... yes these were good!! :-)

Jules

Old 12-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm old, I've seen Floyd 11 times including the Dark Side tour as a youngster. The only show that came close to rivaling them (from a single band) was The Who doing Quadrophenia.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: city worker

That was sweet I 'am a Floyd fan from way backstarted looking at some of the Hubble pics and I saw this; http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mcBV-c...eature=relatedgives a whole new perspective of where we live no cool Floyd tunes but an eye opener [sm=insomnia.gif]

City, thank you ... that was a great video to watch, ... especially towards the end where it shows that final and most important shot that it just zooms out to ... most of us know this stuff, but actually seeing it demonstrated in a pic like that and thinking every single one of those light points or smudges is just another galaxy ...and thats just in the direction that was taken, what about every other direction in space ... and still that is only the limit of the Hubbles magnification ..how far do these galaxies go on and on for in all directions, its incredible to comprehend the vast reaches of space.

Its a topic that has always fascinated me .. I was just about 6 years old when my dad pointed and counted out the seven sisters to me (pleiades) ... compared to that picture they are so local and in our own galaxy (yet still over 400 light years away) but I just love looking up at them ... they are very clear here because we are away from city lights and they are visible most nights :-) ..we often get beautiful star studded skies here

Most people can see 6 or 7 stars, there are more but the name comes from what most people can count with the naked eye ... look at them through a decent set of binoculars on a starry night and be amazed!! :-)

Old 12-13-2008, 09:51 AM

Pink Floyd to date has sold 210.000.000 units http://www.esctoday.com/news/read/553111th place over all

Old 12-13-2008, 09:59 AM

Your welcome...Were on an insignificant ball a rock in an insignificantsolar system in an insignificantGalaxy any body out there would not give us 2 hoots or even bother with us primitive monkeys ...........DAMMIT I double posted ^^^^^
ORIGINAL: Juliet

ORIGINAL: city worker

City, thank you ... that was a great video to watch, ... especially towards the end where it shows that final and most important shot that it just zooms out to ... most of us know this stuff, but actually seeing it demonstrated in a pic like that and thinking every single one of those light points or smudges is just another galaxy ...and thats just in the direction that was taken, what about every other direction in space ... and still that is only the limit of the Hubbles magnification ..how far do these galaxies go on and on for in all directions, its incredible to comprehend the vast reaches of space.

Its a topic that has always fascinated me .. I was just about 6 years old when my dad pointed and counted out the seven sisters to me (pleiades) ... compared to that picture they are so local and in our own galaxy (yet still over 400 light years away) but I just love looking up at them ... they are very clear here because we are away from city lights and they are visible most nights :-) ..we often get beautiful star studded skies here

Most people can see 6 or 7 stars, there are more but the name comes from what most people can count with the naked eye ... look at them through a decent set of binoculars on a starry night and be amazed!! :-)

Quick Reply: The great gig in the sky