Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Got a Ticket tonight!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 01:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a Ticket tonight!!!!!

Ok wifey and I wanted to go out for a ride and get something to eat. well while riding down I75 south in Ga from out of no where a local Cop get behind me and pulls me over. long story short he said he got me going 85 in a 65 when i was just going wiht the flow of traffic..

when we go to the pizza spot i asked my wife if she saw him at all. she said she saw a car come out of the dark and rush up behind us.? so i'm guessing he was sitting in the dark with his lights off waiting to get someone.

Question???*** Does anyone know if it is illegal for cops to sit in the dark with light offs on the side of the road checking peoples speed?***

Old 09-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Default RE: Got a Ticket tonight!!!!!

ORIGINAL: clean929

Ok wifey and I wanted to go out for a ride and get something to eat. well while riding down I75 south in Ga from out of no where a local Cop get behind me and pulls me over. long story short he said he got me going 85 in a 65 when i was just going wiht the flow of traffic..

when we go to the pizza spot i asked my wife if she saw him at all. she said she saw a car come out of the dark and rush up behind us.? so i'm guessing he was sitting in the dark with his lights off waiting to get someone.

Question???*** Does anyone know if it is illegal for cops to sit in the dark with light offs on the side of the road checking peoples speed?***
[sm=roll.gif]I can't help it. You got me laughing on that one. Don't get me wrong. I'm no fan of the traffic cop but they've got a job to do and unfortunately he got ya. As far as your question goes there is no law stating the police can't sit in the dark seeking out speeders. Here in Washington you can defer tickets so they don't affect your insurance. Good luck in court.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:15 AM

it's called entrapment.. but it's legal. (sucks i know)
i've been caught twice by entrapment, but hey - if i wanted to sue a cop, i would dress up like a drug-dealer and act high.. once he breaks my civil rights, i take him to court.. (it was just an example)
i kind-of approve of entrapment just a bit, because it keeps some of the a-holes that drive fast in check (unless they are paranoid). but sucks because there will be 5 speeders and he picks you, probbly the slowest one out of the speeders too.

Old 09-01-2007, 03:29 AM

I have always thought that they had to have their runnin lights on when they sat... Theres nothing legal about entrapment??? And F--ck the ( only legal organized crime) Pigs..

Old 09-01-2007, 04:48 AM

I have heard the same thing about police having the parking lights on while running radar but if thats your defense when you go to court, you might as well not show up. Ive had some expeirnce with dealing with tickets and postedthe following relpy on another guy with ticket issues. Hope it helps and good with it.

"Ive only been on this forum for about a week and most all of the members usually have really good/solid info to share when it comes to the law. Im also AF on Lackland and just now learning the difference between motorcycle and auto laws/regs.My advice to people in the future is, find an attorney(prefferably one that is in his late 60's or 70's) and have him take care of this for you. When I first moved to Texas in 2001, drove a hopped up GT and I got 6 tickets in 2 years. Luckly, I knew a friend that had some connects and got in touch with this mean bastard attorney in his late 70's that new lots of people. I hated even calling him because this old **** was grumpy as *** but he took care of my tickets fosho. Each time, I just brought him the ticket, copy of my DL, and$$$ (usually bout $200). Not ONE ticket ever hit my insurance or my driving record!! It also saved the time of going to court and the desenseless driving course. ****....the fine on the ticket was usuallyonly about $25 less than what the ol' man's fee was. Reguardless,glad you got it take'n care of and avoided the Geico lizzard from jump'n deep into your wallet."

Old 09-01-2007, 06:32 AM
Banned

It can be dangerous for a cop to sit on the side of the road without lights on, but I think it is legal, it ALWAYS happens in my county, here theyNEVER have their parking lights on. I don't know the laws in Georgia, but in Florida, you'd be out of luck.

Old 09-01-2007, 06:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Vermino

it's called entrapment.. but it's legal. (sucks i know)
i've been caught twice by entrapment, but hey - if i wanted to sue a cop, i would dress up like a drug-dealer and act high.. once he breaks my civil rights, i take him to court.. (it was just an example)
i kind-of approve of entrapment just a bit, because it keeps some of the a-holes that drive fast in check (unless they are paranoid). but sucks because there will be 5 speeders and he picks you, probbly the slowest one out of the speeders too.

That isnt entrapment...

Entrapment is where the officer would influence you to commit a crime...

Kinda like a female undercover cop offering a BJ for $20 (which is entrapment), as opposed to you going up to her and offering her $20 for the BJ.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:17 AM

the laws differ from state to state. Some states a undercover cop can pull you over and give you a ticket while other states require to be properly marked and have at least there parking lights on while clocking. Here in ohio they have to have at least parking lights on. CHeck your local laws to find out. Even so its extreamly hard to fight a speeding ticket by yourself. Most of the time it isnt worth the hassel unless you have a lot of points on your lisence, then you get a lawyer to show up for you and have them drop it to a non moving violation that doesnt put any points on your lisence. It can be done.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:56 AM

well it isnt entrapment i guess.. yeah you would still speed if he wasnt there.. but just like with prostitution, i mean if the cop wasnt there - you would still be looking for a hooker?.. so in that sense clocking without knowing is entrapment. But i think it's perfectly legal - i mean if that cop wasnt there, would you be speeding? I love when a cop comes on the on-ramp and everyone infront of me slows the F down because "oh god, i saw an officer". Same thing when you see an officer clocking in the day-time.. people will start to slow down right when they see him, so making himself noticable just makes people stop speeding for that one mile. They even went to extremes in vegas and had cops on foot with radios clocking people that pass by, then call it in about a mile ahead to pull over "a 1969 camaro red" and give the ticket then.. (and yes, i've been ticketed like this before)

but i deal with all my tickets in court, so i dont have the points on my record.. i get them all down to parking violations with "no contest"

Old 09-01-2007, 08:11 AM

Maybe the cop liked your wife?

Quick Reply: Got a Ticket tonight!!!!!