Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

First Ride Recorded in HD (Limited Time Only)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First Ride Recorded in HD (Limited Time Only)

Just a quick vid I made to test a new HD camera. The ride itself is boring so I sped it up for you but after a lot of trial and error, I was testing camera position, camera stability, lighting, editing skills, etc.. I didn't notice the hosting site has a strict policy on not having ANY content from anywhere else on the web and must be your own stuff only until after I made the vid, and I had included a few seconds of stuff just to test editing so I'm sure they'll be taking it down quickly (and it took forever to create this one and I didn't have time to edit out the other content) so look at it now before they take it down if you have a chance and let me know what you think.

One weird thing I noticed is that the higher the quality of the recording, the slower it looks like you're actually riding. For example in parts where I'm riding 60 mph, on the vid it looks like I'm going 10 mph.

Next vid I'll try and capture a more exciting twisty mountain ride (or HD bewbage ), this one was just a quick test for the set up.

Ignore the cheesy stuff, I was just farting around to see what I can do with the program

If you have a high speed connection make sure to click "HD" is set to "ON" on right side of the vid to ensure you watch it in its proper HD format (main reason for the vid in the first place).

Get it on already

Old 07-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Ride Recorded in HD (Limited Time Only)

Muy buen video...
Nice work!!!

Old 07-07-2008, 03:51 PM

Looked good.

"One weird thing I noticed is that the higher the quality of the recording, the slower it looks like you're actually riding. For example in parts where I'm riding 60 mph, on the vid it looks like I'm going 10 mph".
Very true.

What kinda camera was it?

Old 07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
VP

haha dude that was awesome...I've seen every single street in that video and it was dead on...now I know where you live and work! lol

We're gonna have to record some Repsol footage on that thing.

Old 07-07-2008, 04:09 PM

haha cool vid. What do you use to edit your videos?

Old 07-07-2008, 05:31 PM
RCR

Awesome job. But your Alforde that opened up the doors to your bat cavedidn't look as if he liked his job as well as the one in the movies

Old 07-07-2008, 06:21 PM

You know you're not the only one with a HD camera. Your just the only one with a HD camera and mount.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Retired Moderator

^^The "My" first ride recorded in HD was IMPLIED you big ole goober [8D] ... but yeah I still got some work to do with the mount

Old 07-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the compliments every one .. let's see if I can answer the questions in one swoop;

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore
We're gonna have to record some Repsol footage on that thing.
Yeah, I can record all the stuff you're doing wrong for your critique [8D]... just messing witchya mang, will definitely bring it on our next ride.

ORIGINAL: psycojester
What kinda camera was it?
They've come way down in price so I decided to finally splurge into it. It's an
Aiptek 1080p HD camera (got it with a bunch of other goodies; 8 GB SD card, Remote, extra battery, etc...)

Product Features
• 1080P High Definition Digital Camcorder:
Capture stunning HD 1080P (1440 x 1080 - 16:9 aspect ratio) video at 30 frames per second with advanced H.264 high end compression technology. Playback on your HD-TV, Standard TV, and your PC or Mac!
• Perfect for Sports & Fast Action Events w/ 720P HD @ 60 FPS:
Capture stunning HD 720P (1280 x 720 - 16:9 aspect ratio) video at 60 frames per second. Perfect for any sporting events! Playback on your HD-TV, Standard TV, and your PC or Mac!
• Personal Media Player & Recorder:
Connect the camera to your TV/VCR/DVD player to record your favorite movies, TV shows, and other favorite videos. Playback directly on the 2.4" LCD or create your own Digital Video Library. Records from any device that has RCA outputs for entertainment on the go!
• Digital Still Camera:
Capture 8 Mega Pixel images. Macro lens enables you to take exceptional quality close-ups.
• Digital Zoom:
4x real time digital zoom allows you to Zoom In/Out while recording video!
• Swivel-Reversible 2.4" TFT Color LCD Display:
Review and playback you HD video clips and hi-res pictures in real time. LCD swivels 270° for unlimited video and photo taking.
• Night Shot:
Enhance image quality in low light situations.
• Convenient Power Charging:
Built-in Charger! Charge via computer USB port or via AC adapter.
• HDTV Component Output:
Connect your A-HD+ to your HD-TV Component input ports to display your high definition video clips and still pictures, sharing them with friends and family.
• Removable Hard Disk and SD/MMC Card Reader:
The A-HD+ allows you to use up to 32GB of SD card storage to record longer video before having to upload to your PC.
ORIGINAL: RedRider07
haha cool vid. What do you use to edit your videos?
Well I planned on using the full blown Final Cut Pro that I bought and never used but I opened it up and within 3 minutes I knew I was in WAAAAAY over my head lol so I ended up doing the edits in iMovie.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:51 PM

+1 mac user... eat it gates.

Quick Reply: First Ride Recorded in HD (Limited Time Only)