Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Elderly woman slammed

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by just roy
stab an officer in the back with a barbecue fork while he was trying to subdue her boyfriend. she hit his heart killing him in under 2 min.
That takes precision with a fork

Old 08-26-2009, 06:19 PM

ARE YOU PEOPLE DAFT?! IT WAS A 87 YEAR OLD LADY! POLICE ARE TRAINED TO TAKE DOWN CRIMINALS! NOT OLD WOMEN!?!?!! There are certain ways to restrain people. I work in child care, and i've been trained in three different ways (for sizes of kids and stuff) and i can think of 14 different ways of disarming her without doing her any bodily harm. and if a Teaching Assistant can do it, a police officer sure as hell can.. all the excuses about "it's what they're trained to do.." it's b.s. in my opinion. I had a kid last week bring a knife to school, and i put him on the ground pretty hard, and he didn't even cry. i got the job done, but i was careful not to break his arm, which i could have easily done. i agree she should have been restrained. but not with that much force. she had one and a half legs. what the hell was she gonna do? i'd be more afraid of the walking cane than the knife!

sorry for the rant.. i just feel terrible for her..

Old 08-26-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Junior2552
ARE YOU PEOPLE DAFT?! IT WAS A 87 YEAR OLD LADY! POLICE ARE TRAINED TO TAKE DOWN CRIMINALS! NOT OLD WOMEN!?!?!! There are certain ways to restrain people. I work in child care, and i've been trained in three different ways (for sizes of kids and stuff) and i can think of 14 different ways of disarming her without doing her any bodily harm. and if a Teaching Assistant can do it, a police officer sure as hell can.. all the excuses about "it's what they're trained to do.." it's b.s. in my opinion. I had a kid last week bring a knife to school, and i put him on the ground pretty hard, and he didn't even cry. i got the job done, but i was careful not to break his arm, which i could have easily done. i agree she should have been restrained. but not with that much force. she had one and a half legs. what the hell was she gonna do? i'd be more afraid of the walking cane than the knife!

Hmmm, common sense...... what an unusual concept!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, I'm not a police officer but had to go through training for my license to carry concealed. And we were not trained to disarm, warn or wound.

We were taught to treat anyone armed with anything (knife, gun, really big stick) as a threat to ourselves and the public within a certain radius. Age, race, gender are not considerations. And yes I can probably disarm many unskilled armed opponents. But it's not a risk I would take for myself or anyone around me.

Short pepper spray or a tazer (both of which would have had people howling), I'd have drawn and fired.

Sorry

Old 08-27-2009, 10:46 AM

if you were a cop, the only reason you would have drawn and fired is because you could have gotten away with it. if any regular citizen would have taken her down, they would have done it easier. i understand where you're coming from, and i value you're opinion, because i do understand. but there are CERTAIN circumstances when you don't have to follow procedure to the T, ya know?

Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 AM

Sure it was a old lady, but hell all to cop did was a hip toss. It's not like she pick the old lady up over her head and body slammed her.A crazy is a crazy!!! old or young
I'm sorry but it is like if someone breaks into my house i'm going to react the same way if you have a gun, knife, bat old or young. You are going to get the same treatment 2 to the chest and 1 in the head. my family and my safety come first.
And god help you if you are trying to steal my bike!lol

Old 08-30-2009, 04:38 PM

i know what you're saying. but nobody was at risk. she was holding the knife, not swinging it around. and yes a hiptoss is a hiptoss. but she is SO OLD that that could have potentially been fatal to her. and if anybody tried to take your machine, I'D kill them.. it's gorgeous..

Old 08-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i know what you're saying. but nobody was at risk. she was holding the knife, not swinging it around. and yes a hiptoss is a hiptoss. but she is SO OLD that that could have potentially been fatal to her. and if anybody tried to take your machine, I'D kill them.. it's gorgeous..
As someone else pointed out, for such a little ole lady she had one helluva grip on that knife. Even after the hip toss.

Underestimate your opponent at your own peril. I assume anyone with a weapon can and will end my life. And I act accordingly

Old 08-31-2009, 08:01 PM

Wow, that's a tough one. Getta say, it's got shock value! It's a tough one though cause 1- Grandma IS old, and I would have to say anyone probly could have walked up behind her and takin the knife out of her hand, or at least got control of the arm. 2-Cops deal with that s--t all the time no matter what age, although I'm sure this is a rareity. But if cops tried to determine the strength or intent based on age, I think less Cops would be going home to their Families.
Yeah it was brutal, but keep in mind, these cops will take a bullet to save your life. I wouldn't expect them to go easy on anyone when they are the ones taking a chance with their life. I didn't see anyone else going up to granny to get the knife away from her. Why? Cause the potential to get hurt was there? Cops don't really have that option, they need to protect bystanders and themselves obviously. But maybe it was a good thing her Daugther wasn't around, she may have gotten stabbed, who knows? But no one would be questioning the cops methods then, AFTER someone got stabbed. Can't really blame the Cop though for not giving prefferential treatment.
It is a shame though and hope she's ok, but something was definitely wrong with granma to be walking around with a knife in hand, in a parking lot, I mean come-on. If it were my Grandmother, I'd react the same way...WTF is wrong with that cop?!?! But after you think about it, well, it's still hard when a good pepa spray may have done the job as well, but the cop still shouldn't be the bad guy. I don't think the cop expected her head to slam the ground though. I'd have to say she would have takin a different approach had she thought of that. But, no one got killed.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess she could have used pepper spray. I think if she would have used a tazer it would have been just as bad, the lady would have fell straight back and smacked her head on the pavement. Or worse the shock may have even had some kind of bad effect on her heart since she is so old. But it took a couple of cops to take the knife? With that strength she would have stabbed the officer with deadly force. Never underestimate anyone ! Especially when it comes to your safety, Just as we shouldnt toy with our safety on our bikes.

Quick Reply: Elderly woman slammed