Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Disturbing!! NSFW

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 09:19 PM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Disturbing!! NSFW

You can't turn a blind eye to the world. If you ignore it, it won't happen? You have the choice of not clicking on the link also to fit your needs, like WDR did.

As for being Illegal behaviour. I think it is powerful evidence of the crime that will help solve the murder. By viewing the video the police can determine how many people were involved and after showing the video to some of the people arrested in the caseand threatening the people with murder charges they will give up the names of all involved and especially the one that dropped the cinder block onto the victim. Illegal would be posting how to convert a cable box to receive all the pay channels.

I vote it stays. Obviously it was a crime that makes no sense and I feel for the family of the victim but it is part of the world and what is currently happening.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:32 PM

Here is the clean version of the video:

Old 05-11-2008, 09:38 PM

^^
Good points as well.

Now, do we know if anyone that has actually watched the video (and suspects where it was shot) has actually sent the link to any sort of Law Enforcement Agency?

I actually forwarded the link to the video of the little kid making death threats against the president to the FBI's hotline.

Do these kinds of things hapen in our world? Most definately yes. But I have no need to bring them into my house.

I'dventure topropose a compromise.If someone feels that they need to post videos of material that might be questionable to others, at least extend them the courtesy of adding a brief synopsys of what the video is about instead of just titling it "OMFG CHECK THIS OUT!@#$#^%" or something like that. that way people can make the informed choice of weather or not to click the link. Instead of finding out after being exposed to something you might not want to see in the first place.

EDIT:
Onarom, I know in this context it is wrong to say this in so many levels... but htat picture is hilarious (at least to me...My wife is a SERIOUS Pepsi junkie, but HATES Coke with a passion...)

Old 05-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: mjesenovec

i definitely agree that it's very disturbing. On the other hand, it's important to know things like this are happening in the world. Ignorance might be bliss, but only if you're content with believing that the world we live in is a perfect fantasy world filled with flowers and puppies. It important to receive a shock like this now and again to fully understand the flaws in humanity, and in societies around the world.
^^Well put!

As tough as it may be to watch, knowing that there are things like this going on around us will help prevent this from happening in the future.

I wouldbe right next to RCR and this poor girl if I was to walk by and see something like this going on!

Making someone pay for their crime is one thing (thatis, if this is what it was meant to be), but to beat someone do death isanother. Makes no sense for a pettycrime.

Old 05-11-2008, 09:48 PM

Believe me, I'd be right there with you too.
I live by the motto:

"All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing"

But I don't need gratuitous images of someone getting lynched to remind me that there is evil in this world, and to galvanize my resolve to do my part in avoiding that evil to flourish.

Old 05-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The link has been removed. I didn't actually know it was a video of a murder taking place.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

Onarom, I know in this context it is wrong to say this in so many levels... but htat picture is hilarious (at least to me...My wife is a SERIOUS Pepsi junkie, but HATES Coke with a passion...)
I am glad you saw the humor. I just wanted to lighten the mood in here a little bit.

IMO- I am somewhat glad that the link was removed, but I also agree with mjesenovec

It important to receive a shock like this now and again to fully understand the flaws in humanity, and in societies around the world.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:15 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

For what it's worth .. I agree with the posters who say about not hiding and burying your head in the sand etc. ... it's true we all know evil goes on this world but I don't need to seek it on the net to know it's there .. I just feel this is a bike forum and that went over unwritten boundaries .. there is a difference between 2 girls 1 cup .. and the brutal murder of this girl ...she was just a child :-(

Jules

Old 05-12-2008, 03:33 AM

Guess I didnt miss much

Old 05-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it murder?

I'm not sure where I read it...might even be in someone elses comments here, but I could have sworn that I read that this person was found guilty in a Middle East country for a crime that was punishable by death. This harkens back to the old days of stoning...which, unfortunately, is still in the law books in many countries today (Afghanistan, Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Ariabia, Sudan and United Arab Emirates) although, not necessarily enforced (i.e. moratorium in Iran).

This video is a disgusting portrayal of mankind. In truth, I'm not sure where we would be if we did not have the upbringing that we all have. In many different parts of the world, people become desensitized to the violence around them. I'm not talking about the Jack Thompson bandwagon that goes on here in the States, but the third world countries, where children are plucked out of their families at a young age and are forced to do atrocities to others.

Although we do not, in general, take the extra step that ends up in the death of an individual, we do exhibit many of the pack like behavior that is reflected in this video. Look at the fights that occur within our borders. Like the one where that kid with annoying voice was yelling at the one girl to f the other girl up. This almost makes me think that this comes naturally to us...but it's our uses of our higher brain functions and our moral upbringing that keeps us on the straight and narrow.

Edit:
Just because others do it, doesn't mean you should.

Quick Reply: Disturbing!! NSFW