Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Canyon Ride and Video Clip

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canyon Ride and Video Clip

Hello everyone,
I made this video last Saturday on the Los Angeles Crest National Forrest (2 highway).
The camera mounted was mounted on the gas tank of my F4i 2005. It has over 20 min long in high-quality format. It was tapped using a high-def video camera, but of course we can't see it here it trully hi-def format.

Los Angeles Crest Canyon Ride
Windows Media (Better Quality)
http://alvaromelot.blip.tv/file/66402?file_type=wmv
Flash (Faster)
http://alvaromelot.blip.tv/file/66402

Video Clip
This one, is a compilation of all 2006 videos we've made so far.
http://alvaromelot.blip.tv/file/64551

Alvaro

Old 08-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Default RE: Canyon Ride and Video Clip

Nice videos , Canyon ride looked like a lot a fun. I wish lived near the mountains now

Old 08-29-2006, 09:52 PM

Very cool video. Your camera seems quite nice. I can only imagine how good it looks on a tv. I think it'd be cool to install a small convex mirror (like the stickon kind for side view mirrors) next to your gauges (or somewhere near) that would show you and your movements on the bike in the reflection... I imagine your camera is good enough that with the right mirror, you'd get a great view out the front and also a little bit of a rear view... just a thought...

Old 08-29-2006, 11:42 PM

Like how your boy in front keeps on looking back after you guys scream pass the CHP, then he opens it up and is gone out of view All around nice ride & good vid!

Old 08-30-2006, 02:22 AM

Sweet *** road. You know the CBR will take those a lot faster.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:25 PM

Thanks you jerk for posting that video and putting mine to shame! lol =) Looks fun!! =) When can I come over?

Mike

Old 08-31-2006, 12:48 AM

Cool vid dude.

Just a tip, don't be afraid to wind that engine out. You're doing some hard cornering at 2500-6000 RPM. Bike almost sounds like a Buell at times. Bike will feel more stable if you keep the RPMs above 8000-10000 RPM. You'll have more power coming through the corners and a lot more compression which makes deceleration into corners easier too.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:54 AM

I was just up there yesterday. What a great road! I try to get up there every week... Big Pines is a lot of fun too. Great picture quality, thanks for that!

Old 08-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

zeee zroad lukz nice! i wuz likez to goez zometimez...but azh and z zquidz and po po arez many...

i juz got new camera...will take to mah favorite twiztiez one day...

very nize vidoez...

Old 08-31-2006, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: kiggy74

Just a tip, don't be afraid to wind that engine out. You're doing some hard cornering at 2500-6000 RPM. Bike almost sounds like a Buell at times. Bike will feel more stable if you keep the RPMs above 8000-10000 RPM. You'll have more power coming through the corners and a lot more compression which makes deceleration into corners easier too.
I also noticed that he's having trouble modulating the throttle...your control is very choppy and you were making mid-turn adjustments, which can get you into trouble, because you end up weighting the front end and upsetting the suspension...that's bad news during a turn.

When you're in the power band like kiggy mentioned, you'll have a better time setting your entry speed...keep your maintenance gas then roll it on at the apex...be as smooth as possible, use proper body positioning and you'll eventually have no problem keeping up with your friend.

In a nut shell...BE SMOOTH!

Quick Reply: Canyon Ride and Video Clip