Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Can you hear this noise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you hear this noise?

I've had my bike in to the dealer 4 times now and the first 3 they said they fixed it and there was no more noise now they say they can't figure out what the problem is. It happens between 6-7k rpms and it sounds like a buzzing noise. I would describe it as someone cutting sheet metal on a table saw as I remember from shop class in highschool. I went out on a ride and recorded it and when I watched it I realized the camcorder actually picked it up. I put the video on my pc edited it and after that and transferring it to google the video quality took a complete crap and so did the sound and now it's really hard to hear. =/

What do you guys use to compress your video to get it online? I'm just using Pinnacle studio 9 and avi format. /shrug

Anyway here is the link to the video. Any comments or suggestions about what that noise is please let me know because it's really annoying driving and hearing that buzzing, it makes my bike sound like crap and it's in every gear.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...55815631&hl=en

Mike

Old 10-23-2006, 10:26 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Can you hear this noise?

yes i can hear it .. sorry dont know what it could be . atleast your not going crazy ! unless im crazy too then were both screwed lol

Old 10-24-2006, 02:08 AM

[sm=sorry.gif]
I must be def because i cant hear anything, just sounds like normal revs....but im sure it is prevalent in person

Old 10-25-2006, 11:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Leveltwo

[sm=sorry.gif]
I must be def because i cant hear anything, just sounds like normal revs....but im sure it is prevalent in person
+1

Old 10-26-2006, 12:15 AM

I don't hear anything out of the ordinary either, just engine revving. I have read though that many CBR owners have that buzzing with the bike. Don't sweat it man, there's not much you can do and there's really nothing wrong with the bike. If you do a search you'll find many others posts on this. I think another member knew what it was (either Fretless or Tahoe SC), but I can't remember the answer they gave.

I know on my bike it revs a lot louder and different once it hits 6K rpm, then quiets down again after 7K. This might be what everyone's talking about, but it's never really bothered me. At first I just figured I needed to shift gears, now I just throttle on through til I get to the higher rpms. It's more fun that way.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:25 AM

This is from another message board, but here's a nice thread about that very noise!

http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index....c,10185.0.html

Old 10-26-2006, 03:03 AM

I heard it. It's faint because of the quality of the video, but I did hear it. I wish I could help though. It might have something to do with the cam chain issue.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:32 AM

ORIGINAL: p01ishedF4i

I heard it. It's faint because of the quality of the video, but I did hear it. I wish I could help though. It might have something to do with the cam chain issue.
Nope...it's the gas tank cover...that's making the buzzing noise [&:]

Old 10-26-2006, 09:21 AM

it is the gas tank cover. on the bottom side of mine when i had it off i could see a mark from what looked to be abbrasion. well it was on the black plastic also. so just do like they say..dynomat and no more noise

Old 10-26-2006, 11:59 AM

Awesome thanks guys. I'll take the tank cover off and try it out. =)

Mike

Quick Reply: Can you hear this noise?