Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

burn outs

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 04:54 PM
2011 Ride of the Year
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default burn outs

never did one, just wanted to see what it looked like when i was doing it.

it was one time thing, i dont want to waste my rubber.

anyone else have pix or vids of theirs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgVyv4tiWW0

my dog didnt like it too much....lol

Last edited by scorpionvmu; 02-28-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:39 PM

its how all the pros warm up their rubber isnt it

Old 02-28-2011, 09:19 PM

Those of you who like to throw your good tires away, please send them to me instead. thank you!

Old 02-28-2011, 11:39 PM

I'm not really into burning my tire, I feel like I may as well take a couple hundred out of my wallet and light it on fire instead, that act would probably hold a higher shock value.

The other reason I don't burn my tire is because thats what all the squids do with their brand new toys shortly before they run them into a guard-rail, parked car, tree or other stationary item that is typically easily avoidable while in motion.

The act does nothing more than induce further dislike of sport motorcycle riders by everyone else out there, including sport motorcycle riders. It's tantamount to pulling wheelies at 65mph+ on the freeway, going 100mph+ on crowded public streets, or "stunting" in your local coffee shop parking lot. Sure plenty of people will think its cool, but they typically "live life one 1/4 mile at a time" in their AEM air-intaked honda civic or "aint livin if they aint stuntin" in their naked, gas tank hammered in, un-titled motorcycle.

03rep - that was probably the third least-safe burnout I've ever seen anyone do; number two was performed in traffic, number one in traffic while up on one wheel, and didnt end well. At least you didn't endanger the public, and it looks like you were off public streets, but the whole switching hands and putting your body in front of the motorcycle while it was running at a high rpm struck me as a bad move.

I guess to each his own.

Old 03-01-2011, 02:34 AM

Man I was thinking in the back of my head you were going to let go of the Brake and it was going to KNOCK you to the ground that is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life you deserve the biggest squid award.
LOL
Sorry I just don't see why the hell you would get in front of the motorcycle while you doing that... hahahahaha..

As for the first video nice and easy the way to do it! Don't be doing it to often... I like the classic look.

Last edited by jasonb; 03-01-2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:45 AM

nice vids...2nd burnout was cool but i wouldnt put my self in front either lol

Old 03-01-2011, 08:08 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

Originally Posted by SPR-GRN
I'm not really into burning my tire, I feel like I may as well take a couple hundred out of my wallet and light it on fire instead, that act would probably hold a higher shock value.

The other reason I don't burn my tire is because thats what all the squids do with their brand new toys shortly before they run them into a guard-rail, parked car, tree or other stationary item that is typically easily avoidable while in motion.

The act does nothing more than induce further dislike of sport motorcycle riders by everyone else out there, including sport motorcycle riders. It's tantamount to pulling wheelies at 65mph+ on the freeway, going 100mph+ on crowded public streets, or "stunting" in your local coffee shop parking lot. Sure plenty of people will think its cool, but they typically "live life one 1/4 mile at a time" in their AEM air-intaked honda civic or "aint livin if they aint stuntin" in their naked, gas tank hammered in, un-titled motorcycle.

03rep - that was probably the third least-safe burnout I've ever seen anyone do; number two was performed in traffic, number one in traffic while up on one wheel, and didnt end well. At least you didn't endanger the public, and it looks like you were off public streets, but the whole switching hands and putting your body in front of the motorcycle while it was running at a high rpm struck me as a bad move.

I guess to each his own.

ok mr perfect.................... no matter where you post, all you do is make a point on how much better you are or try to make people feel stupid.
as far as the money................ its not yours, its my money and i will do as i please. and if i want ill make a bonfire out of money, who do you think you are to tell me that its a waste. i think we all realize that its a waste when we are doing it. but yet we still do it.
keep your nose in your own business.

if you DON"T have a burn out pic or vid, WHY THE F**K did you post in here.

this is not the first post that you made that is pissing me off.

if you dont have something nice to say to others, KEEP your NEGATIVE OPINIONS to YOURSELF.
(unless someones life depends on it)

Last edited by scorpionvmu; 03-01-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: not finished
Old 03-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Old 03-01-2011, 02:26 PM

How do you guys do a proper burnout?
I'm more interested in the hand operations needed to do this. How do you roll on the throttle when you need that grip to help squeeze the brake lever?
I will probably not do a burnout anytime soon, as my bike and its tires are new. Just curious?

Old 03-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Piranha
How do you guys do a proper burnout?
I'm more interested in the hand operations needed to do this. How do you roll on the throttle when you need that grip to help squeeze the brake lever?
I will probably not do a burnout anytime soon, as my bike and its tires are new. Just curious?
2 fingers on the brake and roll the on throttle and lean forward abit and keep your weight on the handlebars and feather the clutch out till the wheel starts to spin then just keep the RPM's up.

Quick Reply: burn outs