Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

A brisk run down the pass :-)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 04:27 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by idodirt
What road is that, it looks very popular with the bikes in that area ?

hey Bill, this whole area is Llangollen, North Wales and the The Horseshoe Pass ... I love it up here, through the week it's blissfully peaceful with no one around but when I was there bank holiday Monday it was busy ... all the bikers meet up here and there is the Ponderosa cafe at the top of the pass ... I did a video passing there and shows just how many bikers you find there of a weekend :-)

Originally Posted by dragginazz
I can't get over the roads over there! Seems like a popular biker road you were on. Looks like you've scrubbed your tires in Jul, how many miles do you have on it now?
Just curious...is it a Her or a Him??
I was gonna ask how many miles do you have on her, and maybe that would have been ok, I don't know, do tell
Nice vid though. Will we see any sky shots in the near future? We are all waiting for the big surprise some day in 1 of your vids. J/K
I call her "Lidi" ... after my middle name, Lydia :-) ... I now have about 780 miles on her and had her serviced at 750 miles, the first free service and oil change ... I feel better now about revving her with clean oil in, I have not ventured into warp space yet but I will tomorrow or this weekend, I did hit 7,000 rpm in top gear when over taking that bike and you can see even from the video the way the bike surges forward and gets up to silly speed after I pass him ... I was shocked when I looked down ..this bike has serious top gear acceleration ..lol

As for sky shots, um ...don't hold your breath!! ..lol

Jules

Old 05-28-2009, 05:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never thought about it till now but.... over here, motorcyclist usually give a left hand wave as we pass each other, you guys are passing right side to right side.... throttle hand..... do you guys do a wave there?

Old 05-28-2009, 05:34 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod38um
I never thought about it till now but.... over here, motorcyclist usually give a left hand wave as we pass each other, you guys are passing right side to right side.... throttle hand..... do you guys do a wave there?
All those bikers on the pass nodded at me, a sort of twist of the head kinda nod .. the way someone might nod and twist when they wink at you .. some bikers wave but it's nearly always a nod, because as you point out it's our throttle hand that is the nearest :-)

Jules