Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Biketoberfest review 2006

Old 10-23-2006, 05:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biketoberfest review 2006

Well I just got back from Biketoberfest 2006 Daytona beach, and thought I would give a review of my experience...(please bare with me I suck at putting my words into type)

9am meet up with the group I will be riding with out from Ocala Fl to Daytona Beach.. so much for guys day out. one guy shows up complaining he had no sleep for 3 days (unfortunately one of my good friends). yet he don't work.. not to gripe but planning this for weeks you would think that people would consider sleeping in the plans. but after debate he makes the smart choice...truck the bike and cage it with one of the 3 chase cars. so we are off everything went off without a hitch till we got to 95 in Daytona, none of the guys who took off ahead waited at our planed meet up spot. that was ok once we made some calls and made contact.
first stop Cycle World of Daytona. nice cycle shop the had a great staff and the showrooms were beautiful. after that we hit the road only to wait in traffic, dip **** riding GSX-R was drag racing his friends up by the speedway, hit and killed a woman who was crossing the road. finally the speedway we made it!! after parking witch was a breeze if you had 2 wheels, we went to tour the factory displays. regret leaving my gear in the chase truck. had the chance to ride the 07 600rr damn it! looks better in person but the tail light sits low on the rear fender (not tucked under the tail) aftermarket mods will be a bitch.. looks to be bulb style light as well didn't stay to see, nor did I ask anyone. ok off to Suzuki.. ok the rep. knew Jack and ****.. I had to tell him specs and so on so. he was there to do what now? the Bandits are back nothing looked any different from past years before they stopped running them, but at least they are back. I always thought they were a nice naked bike. so after kicking myself in the rear for leaving my gear in the truck we decide its time for the Wing house. (for those who don't know the its kind of like Hooters only the food actually taste good). ofter retrieving my gear from the truck got to my bike where they had 2 guys walking around with a camera for some Direct TV show about biketoberfest. he interviewed my riding buddies after I said I would rather not speak on camera. I said they may take footage of my bike, and myself but I would rather not be interviewed. they got done with the interviews and one of our guys was trying his damnedest to show off on his R-1 doing a **** poor burn out front end jumping all over the place like a nervous virgin. so I told him it was week and the camera guy said ok then you do one. gave it thought and level heads prevailed.... I smoked the hell out of that tire.. after all had to represent the CBR, and show up the R-1 with my 600rr. they got that nice and close too.
so we leave for the Wing House. that was a great time staff and people were nice and friendly. a must go. once we leave the wing house we make our way over to the Hotel where they parked the truck that had my backpack and camera in. once there my friend (Tom) gets a double for the night saying "I hope I didn't spend $209 for a double for nothing I was hoping you would hang so we can pick up some women. (after all I had a full freedom pass from the wife, she said as long as I wrap the rascal go for it). I really didn't want to and he put me on the spot with it. well after that we all go to Main street, Tom and myself ride over the rest all walk. had to do the Main Street run at least once. ok now Main Street was not closed off to just bikes like past bike events. so ****ing cagers everywhere, its a bike Event ride or stay home. so after parking the bike we do some walking around looking for someone who sells and installs LED kits for Sport bikes. all the vendors except one would not even touch a sport bike during any bike rally. EuroEffects.net said no problem but they couldn't do it till Sunday, We agreed and purchased the lites then so we would have them payed for when we g

Old 10-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Biketoberfest review 2006

i wanted to read that, just couldnt bring myself to it right now.....

....To Be Continued....

Old 10-23-2006, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

....To Be Continued....
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I was just hopin' for some pics

Old 10-23-2006, 06:17 PM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

....To Be Continued....
gotta go to work,

Old 10-23-2006, 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

....To Be Continued....
X2, didnt expect a novel.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:08 AM

I like this part the best..... (after all I had a full freedom pass from the wife, she said as long as I wrap the rascal go for it).
What do you think she was doing while you were gone? or even when your at work..If my wife told me that a red flag would go up....
For all you know how many of your buddies banged her with out you even knowing....

Old 10-24-2006, 01:35 AM

ORIGINAL: milko

I like this part the best..... (after all I had a full freedom pass from the wife, she said as long as I wrap the rascal go for it).
What do you think she was doing while you were gone? or even when your at work..If my wife told me that a red flag would go up....
For all you know how many of your buddies banged her with out you even knowing....

+1

[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 10-24-2006, 01:59 AM

hahahaha , *****

Old 10-24-2006, 12:58 PM

Swingers baby, Yeah!!!

on another note. Sounds like an interwsting trip. Took a while to read though

Old 10-25-2006, 11:39 AM