Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

The Ballad of the Gap

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Ballad of the Gap

After turning down, or otherwise missing a couple of opportunities in each of the last 10 years, I finally made it to Deals Gap. We rode down from Toronto. Six of us went, two of us for the first time. There are a ton of videos on youtube of this road, and of course just like everyone else I posted one from the resort to the overlook. I haven't even watched that whole thing - I don't if anyone would watch 15 minutes of someone riding that because you get the idea after just a couple of minutes. This video is a bit different though, it's only about 9 minutes, and it's not just 9 minutes of gopro footage of the ride.

It's a little long for music video, but hey, it's little short for a documentary and WAY too short for a feature film! There's some great riding (too bad it's by the guys off-camera) and some fantastic photography by my friend George Reichert, and an epic(?) soundtrack of original music with the sweet sound of a Honda V-four supporting the whole thing.
It even ends with a public service announcement - just in case there's some grant money up for grabs.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Very well done!

I'm diggin' it....

Old 11-26-2013, 06:56 PM

Excellent video of you guys "slayin' the dragon"... Very entertaining...

P.S. I like the J.R. Bob Dobs avatar...

Last edited by RydnaCBR; 11-26-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by RydnaCBR
Excellent video of you guys "slayin' the dragon"... Very entertaining...

P.S. I like the J.R. Bob Dobs avatar...
Thanks! so....maybe you could explain my avatar to me? I can't remember why I got it, but I was looking for a pic with a man smoking a pipe and found this. I have no idea what it's from, who did it, or why, but I liked it so I used it!

Old 11-27-2013, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by emefef
Thanks! so....maybe you could explain my avatar to me? I can't remember why I got it, but I was looking for a pic with a man smoking a pipe and found this. I have no idea what it's from, who did it, or why, but I liked it so I used it!

This was something I came across in my 20's... If I remember right, the image is from a book... "J.R. Bob Dobs and the Church of the Sub-Genius"... It was a made up religion that poked fun at all other religions and was loosely based on some of the ideas that came from the era of Timothy Leary and LSD... I wish I could remember more detail but it was just something I came across in passing and never really understood myself... But the image has stuck with me and I see it now and then...

Old 11-30-2013, 03:24 PM
Welcome Crew Technician
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool vid, looks like yall had a blast...hows the long ride on the sport bike?

Old 12-01-2013, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by PossibleF4I
Cool vid, looks like yall had a blast...hows the long ride on the sport bike?
It was a blast! two hours in on the first day, I was pretty uncomfortable and wondering WTF I was doing....but even a 5 to 10 minute stop for gas was enough to go for another couple of hours. It turned out to be pretty easy after that.

I have the Danmoto clipons - and even the little bit that I could raise and move them back makes a big difference. I could get more range if I changed the front brake cylinder and the cables, but for now it works really well. I'll be going again next year on the same bike.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Welcome Crew Technician

Thats cool...Im new to the street bikes and although Ive rode 8+ hours on dirt and snow, never on the road in such a "bent" position lol...although I have an 03 f4i the seat feels like i would hate myself after that long...but i guess the passion will keep me keepin on...cheers..

Old 02-04-2014, 12:27 AM
Senior Member and ROTM March 2014

Well, gents, THAT was PRETTY IMPRESSIVE!

Old 02-04-2014, 09:07 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Very entertaining! Would love to ride the Dragon.