Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Almost Died...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006 | 09:38 PM
Default Almost Died...

Hello all. I hope your days have been goin better than mine. It's been really icy/snowy here in South Dakota. I came around a corner doing the 15 mph speed limit. Black ice was underneath the layers of hard-pack... all the way around the corner, before, and after it. Lost the rear end of my 2 wd pickup and then all control after that... We slid for about 55-60 feet, kinda sloping downhill. If anything we gained speed. Hit a guidewire to a telephone pole, smashed the passenger door and swung the rear end around. I wasnt hurt at all, my cousin went to the hospital, just to be sure, and hes fine. If we would have missed the guidewire we would have fallen off of an embankment thats about a 15-20 foot drop. Who knows what coulda happened then... I ended up with a 94 dollar ticket for overdriving the conditions and a 20 dollar seatbelt violation. The thing that pisses me off? 3 other cars had wrecked on the same corner prior to my arrival... The corner is literally a few hundred yards from where the snowplows pick up their sand... What gives? Is sand in short supply or wtf? anyway... please, drive carefull guys/girls... Whats ironic is everyones telling me how im going to get hurt on my bike... im thinkin the truck is more dangerous with our f**ktard crew of snowplows.....

Heres some pics:
Name:  ****1.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  54.1 KB
Name:  ****2.jpg
Size:  35.0 KB
Name:  ****3.jpg
Size:  30.8 KB
Name:  tickets.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  77.9 KB

Old 02-21-2006 | 09:51 PM
Default RE: Almost Died...

F'ing cops heres what you do go steal the wheels off his car and sell them on ebay he can pay the ticket.....

at least ur alright

Old 02-21-2006 | 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: tweak mt

F'ing cops heres what you do go steal the wheels off his car and sell them on ebay he can pay the ticket.....

at least ur alright
LMAO that would be great. I think if there is an accident and you call the cops they have to give a ticket. I got a too fast for conditions when I totalled my dads truck and that was $168 and that was 5 years ago. And $20 for a seat belt?? They are $10 here, those are so stupid if I don't want to wear a seat belt I think thats my choice to make not the cops. But I guess its all good as long as you didn't get hurt. I went off the road when we got the first snow back in december, the tires on the back of my car were really bad and it started to hydroplain on the slush and I spun off the road into a ditch. I didn't get hurt but the exhaust on my car is all F'ed up.

-Jesse-

Old 02-21-2006 | 11:02 PM
Retired Administrator

Seat belt tickets here are $50... and that's an *** for giving you a ticket with a wrecked truck. Spots of ice is one thing you can't predict. If everything was covered in ice, then yes, but not for patches of ice.

Glad you're ok and you didn't take the fast trip over the drop off.

Old 02-21-2006 | 11:13 PM

wtf u guys are lucky , up here in bend u over and rape u for your money canada , a no seatbelt ticket is 95 dollars , speeding hahaha it works out to something like 100 dollars for every 20 kilometrs an hour over the limit ------- 100 ks in an 80 is $100 plus 10 dollars for court fees then $220 plus 10(court fees) for 120 in an 80 anything over that is about 350 fine and a set court day

u guys in the states are lucky . and here in beautiful canada your over driving fine is called wreckless driving or dangerous driving ,300 dollar fine plus u loose 4 point of your licnece , once u loose 6 u loose ur licence . and a no seatbelt is 2 points , so if u were here u could kiss ur licence goodbye and have 400 dollars in fines, plus court fines and fees plus 150 to reinstate your licence . Then when u do get ur licence back your insurance, if ur so lucky to get some will be insane ,,,

For instance a newrider with a 600 pays bout $4000 ayear and upwards to 7000 a fully licence guy with a liter bike pays 2000 a year , so no wonder why when a retard cop wants to try and pulls us over and ticket us we run like f@&k my friend lost his licence and got caught driving . When he went and got his licence back he went to insurure his bike hahahahahahahaha u americans ready for this 16,000.00 for one season he paid it too now that is a die hard rider lol however he didnt care seeing as he just got his settlement for over $200,000 . lol

Old 02-21-2006 | 11:20 PM

Get this crap! It is $101 for no seatbelt in Idaho. Here is the kicker...................there is no helmet law! Kind of ironic I think.

Old 02-21-2006 | 11:22 PM

sorry to hear about that. glad you're okay though!

Old 02-21-2006 | 11:40 PM
Retired Admin

Accidents suck man! Glad to hear you are ok and your brother is good. Now just the sore spot in the wallet and pride from the dick head cops! [8D]

Old 02-22-2006 | 12:56 AM

ORIGINAL: speedy

wtf u guys are lucky , up here in bend u over and rape u for your money canada , a no seatbelt ticket is 95 dollars , speeding hahaha it works out to something like 100 dollars for every 20 kilometrs an hour over the limit ------- 100 ks in an 80 is $100 plus 10 dollars for court fees then $220 plus 10(court fees) for 120 in an 80 anything over that is about 350 fine and a set court day

u guys in the states are lucky . and here in beautiful canada your over driving fine is called wreckless driving or dangerous driving ,300 dollar fine plus u loose 4 point of your licnece , once u loose 6 u loose ur licence . and a no seatbelt is 2 points , so if u were here u could kiss ur licence goodbye and have 400 dollars in fines, plus court fines and fees plus 150 to reinstate your licence . Then when u do get ur licence back your insurance, if ur so lucky to get some will be insane ,,,

For instance a newrider with a 600 pays bout $4000 ayear and upwards to 7000 a fully licence guy with a liter bike pays 2000 a year , so no wonder why when a retard cop wants to try and pulls us over and ticket us we run like f@&k my friend lost his licence and got caught driving . When he went and got his licence back he went to insurure his bike hahahahahahahaha u americans ready for this 16,000.00 for one season he paid it too now that is a die hard rider lol however he didnt care seeing as he just got his settlement for over $200,000 . lol
Wow, I thought Canada was a nice place to live too. About the insurance thing we'll see who can beat this, I pay about $170 a year for my bike. Thats full coverage, I'm not sure about all of the coverages and such, but its for $7000 for the bike with a $500 deductable the bike books for around $5500. I think I got one hell of a deal and I don't have a perfect driving record and I'm 21.

Sorry to jack the thread

-Jesse-

Old 02-22-2006 | 03:47 AM
L8X

%^$%^$&^$%[:'(][:@]&*^&*[:@][:@][:@]!!!

Quick Reply: Almost Died...