CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   954 Wheelie Vid (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/954-wheelie-vid-23403/)

DThompson 09-22-2006 11:02 PM

RE: 954 Wheelie Vid

ORIGINAL: Scott982

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

+5294948388383

Why does everyone hate on people that don't wear full gear..Its not you body so get over it..It's stuntriding, if it wasn't dangerous everyone would be doing it..
I have a pretty good reason... how about I pay $250 a month for full coverage on my bike

BTW I've never had an accident or a speeding ticket in my LIFE on any vehicle.
I have never had full coverage on my bike and I don't know any stunters that do, those high insurance rates are from all the squids that go buy a bike and have no clue how to ride.. It's a sportbike not a geo metro whats the purpose of having it if all your gonna do is drive the speed limit and sweat your ass off in full gear...
I have just a little to add to this,
One-Everyone should wear gear no matter what. They preach about it so you can save your own life in case you crash.
Two-Although I have been known to do wheelies here and there, it is very dangerous to do it on populated streets. not because we think you dont have the skill but because we know that cagers are idiots.

Even if you do have the skill, there is always that dumba$$ on the road that feels like side swiping the dude on the bike.
Thats why you should always wear your gear.

As for insurance....Almost everyone I know that has a bike has full coverage even if they do stunt and they turn it into insurance if they wreck.

And I do agree with you about buying a bike. There is no reason to get one if you arent going to have fun on it. I get bored and have to take some hard corners or else my bike just turns into a lower back pain additive.

CBRchica 09-23-2006 12:46 AM

well, besides him riding w/o gear and thru all that traffic it was pretty good.

bushmasterAR15 09-23-2006 02:27 AM

cant stop watching it........he's good

taylorac 09-23-2006 04:39 PM

$250 a month......DAMMMMMM! You need to find a different insurance company. I have a 05 cbr1000rr and a 01 cbr929rr and I pay $139 for full coverage. (that both bikes) Insurance rate are high not due to stunter but theft.

Cool ass video

Turnin20s 09-24-2006 08:08 AM

Stop B!tching about gear. We're not stupid and we all know the consequences if we go down. You are not going to change anyones minds for them so please just drop it, FOREVER!!!

Back on topic--Good clip, he almost bit it pretty hard at the end LOL

-Jesse-

2e1000rr 09-24-2006 03:27 PM

dude like...ummm what? how? im amazed..moving on. ill hop in the arguement..

ok yeah technically everybody should wear gear. especially doing things like that but really tho people are going to do what they want. if you dont want to wear full gear then dont, its your body and hopefully you understand what happens when you hit the pavement. i dont always wear gear. i always wear gloves and most of the time at least jeans and a shirt and helmet. if i know im going to ride above or at the peak of my ability i throw my jacket on. at least hes not doin wheelies with a half dressed chick on the back seat right

ChrisMcD 09-24-2006 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

+5294948388383

Why does everyone hate on people that don't wear full gear..Its not you body so get over it..It's stuntriding, if it wasn't dangerous everyone would be doing it..
I have a pretty good reason... how about I pay $250 a month for full coverage on my bike

BTW I've never had an accident or a speeding ticket in my LIFE on any vehicle.

That is insane!! I pay $595 a year for full coverage! With some driving history.......I think its time to change companies.....see if you have a "foremost" in your area. They seem to be the best priced.

As for the gear....it's all about your own choices...all we can do is make suggestions and tell our stories and people will do what they want to do....I personally am all about the gear, my friends and I say "ride for the crash" better then having a bad day and saying I wish I had my gear on that day....but I would never disrespect someone who chose not to wear gear...

VP 09-24-2006 08:14 PM

That is insane!! I pay $595 a year for full coverage! With some driving history.......I think its time to change companies.....see if you have a "foremost" in your area. They seem to be the best priced.
Trust me I've looked... there are several threads in reguards to this... I'm 23 ... How old are you?

ChrisMcD 09-24-2006 08:42 PM

i'm 30 now but paid this price since I was 28....I have an SR22 and some other traffic issues in my past and still get that price....there has to be a better answer foir you..

SpeedTrap 09-25-2006 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Musichyp

i'm 30 now but paid this price since I was 28....I have an SR22 and some other traffic issues in my past and still get that price....there has to be a better answer foir you..

Do you have a high deductible? Because i pay $200 a month for mine and i'm 25.