CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights 'N Sounds (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/)
-   -   954 Wheelie Vid (https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-7/954-wheelie-vid-23403/)

VP 09-19-2006 03:36 PM

954 Wheelie Vid

This guy does some cool wheelies...with a hoodie on. Watch til the end ...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...31026802&q=954

Leveltwo 09-19-2006 05:40 PM

RE: 954 Wheelie Vid

almost had to apply some rash gel at the hospital....people who dont wear gear make me sick, and then i think of how smart i am and how stupid they are

Minus 09-19-2006 08:47 PM

You guys know what that song is?

Neat vid... lucky he didn't fall!

TongWoo 09-19-2006 10:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Leveltwo

almost had to apply some rash gel at the hospital....people who dont wear gear make me sick, and then i think of how smart i am and how stupid they are
The vid is an OLD one from Team Outermost. Granted, dude has no jacket on... Please don't tell me you were talking about leathers, lol... Outermost are some of the best riders in the U.S. Ernie Vigil is in the XDL U.S. Stuntriding championship. They wear the appropriate gear when they stunt... But let me ask you a question.... Aren't you bored seeing stunters do slow wheelies in a parking lot? Well, us stunters get that a lot...and while we do hit the lots, sometimes we step up the danger/risk factor in our videos to entertain people... Don't even give me the "giving a bad example" speech, because we stunt in controlled situations most the time...then people complain that it isn't exciting enough. Stunters don't report their lot crashes to insurance 99% of the time, so we aren't the reason for high insurance rates... The people that are responsible for that are the new rider/power wheelie squids that worship Las Vegas Extremes.

Black 09-19-2006 10:46 PM

Werd.

pretty nice vid.

Slipspace 09-20-2006 12:18 PM

2 questions after that: what's the name of the song again and is there a way to download these videos to your own hard drive?

TongWoo 09-20-2006 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: F4inorfolkva

2 questions after that: what's the name of the song again and is there a way to download these videos to your own hard drive?
www.mekrew.com/vids/STREETS.wmv

Here is another from the same guys.

http://www.twbcompany.com/vid/THEISLANDER.wmv

Scott982 09-20-2006 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: TongWoo

ORIGINAL: Leveltwo

The vid is an OLD one from Team Outermost. Granted, dude has no jacket on... Please don't tell me you were talking about leathers, lol... Outermost are some of the best riders in the U.S. Ernie Vigil is in the XDL U.S. Stuntriding championship. They wear the appropriate gear when they stunt... But let me ask you a question.... Aren't you bored seeing stunters do slow wheelies in a parking lot? Well, us stunters get that a lot...and while we do hit the lots, sometimes we step up the danger/risk factor in our videos to entertain people... Don't even give me the "giving a bad example" speech, because we stunt in controlled situations most the time...then people complain that it isn't exciting enough. Stunters don't report their lot crashes to insurance 99% of the time, so we aren't the reason for high insurance rates... The people that are responsible for that are the new rider/power wheelie squids that worship Las Vegas Extremes.

+5294948388383

Why does everyone hate on people that don't wear full gear..Its not you body so get over it..It's stuntriding, if it wasn't dangerous everyone would be doing it..

VP 09-20-2006 07:05 PM

+5294948388383

Why does everyone hate on people that don't wear full gear..Its not you body so get over it..It's stuntriding, if it wasn't dangerous everyone would be doing it..
I have a pretty good reason... how about I pay $250 a month for full coverage on my bike

BTW I've never had an accident or a speeding ticket in my LIFE on any vehicle.

Scott982 09-20-2006 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

+5294948388383

I have a pretty good reason... how about I pay $250 a month for full coverage on my bike

I have never had full coverage on my bike and I don't know any stunters that do, those high insurance rates are from all the squids that go buy a bike and have no clue how to ride.. It's a sportbike not a geo metro whats the purpose of having it if all your gonna do is drive the speed limit and sweat your ass off in full gear...

DThompson 09-22-2006 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Scott982

+5294948388383

I have never had full coverage on my bike and I don't know any stunters that do, those high insurance rates are from all the squids that go buy a bike and have no clue how to ride.. It's a sportbike not a geo metro whats the purpose of having it if all your gonna do is drive the speed limit and sweat your ass off in full gear...
I have just a little to add to this,
One-Everyone should wear gear no matter what. They preach about it so you can save your own life in case you crash.
Two-Although I have been known to do wheelies here and there, it is very dangerous to do it on populated streets. not because we think you dont have the skill but because we know that cagers are idiots.

Even if you do have the skill, there is always that dumba$$ on the road that feels like side swiping the dude on the bike.
Thats why you should always wear your gear.

As for insurance....Almost everyone I know that has a bike has full coverage even if they do stunt and they turn it into insurance if they wreck.

And I do agree with you about buying a bike. There is no reason to get one if you arent going to have fun on it. I get bored and have to take some hard corners or else my bike just turns into a lower back pain additive.

CBRchica 09-23-2006 12:46 AM

well, besides him riding w/o gear and thru all that traffic it was pretty good.

bushmasterAR15 09-23-2006 02:27 AM

cant stop watching it........he's good

taylorac 09-23-2006 04:39 PM

$250 a month......DAMMMMMM! You need to find a different insurance company. I have a 05 cbr1000rr and a 01 cbr929rr and I pay $139 for full coverage. (that both bikes) Insurance rate are high not due to stunter but theft.

Cool ass video

Turnin20s 09-24-2006 08:08 AM

Stop B!tching about gear. We're not stupid and we all know the consequences if we go down. You are not going to change anyones minds for them so please just drop it, FOREVER!!!

Back on topic--Good clip, he almost bit it pretty hard at the end LOL

-Jesse-

2e1000rr 09-24-2006 03:27 PM

dude like...ummm what? how? im amazed..moving on. ill hop in the arguement..

ok yeah technically everybody should wear gear. especially doing things like that but really tho people are going to do what they want. if you dont want to wear full gear then dont, its your body and hopefully you understand what happens when you hit the pavement. i dont always wear gear. i always wear gloves and most of the time at least jeans and a shirt and helmet. if i know im going to ride above or at the peak of my ability i throw my jacket on. at least hes not doin wheelies with a half dressed chick on the back seat right

ChrisMcD 09-24-2006 04:37 PM

+5294948388383

That is insane!! I pay $595 a year for full coverage! With some driving history.......I think its time to change companies.....see if you have a "foremost" in your area. They seem to be the best priced.

As for the gear....it's all about your own choices...all we can do is make suggestions and tell our stories and people will do what they want to do....I personally am all about the gear, my friends and I say "ride for the crash" better then having a bad day and saying I wish I had my gear on that day....but I would never disrespect someone who chose not to wear gear...

VP 09-24-2006 08:14 PM

That is insane!! I pay $595 a year for full coverage! With some driving history.......I think its time to change companies.....see if you have a "foremost" in your area. They seem to be the best priced.
Trust me I've looked... there are several threads in reguards to this... I'm 23 ... How old are you?

ChrisMcD 09-24-2006 08:42 PM

i'm 30 now but paid this price since I was 28....I have an SR22 and some other traffic issues in my past and still get that price....there has to be a better answer foir you..

SpeedTrap 09-25-2006 01:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Musichyp

i'm 30 now but paid this price since I was 28....I have an SR22 and some other traffic issues in my past and still get that price....there has to be a better answer foir you..

Do you have a high deductible? Because i pay $200 a month for mine and i'm 25.

Leveltwo 09-25-2006 02:21 AM

ORIGINAL: DThompson

ORIGINAL: Scott982

+5294948388383

I have just a little to add to this,
One-Everyone should wear gear no matter what. They preach about it so you can save your own life in case you crash.
Two-Although I have been known to do wheelies here and there, it is very dangerous to do it on populated streets. not because we think you dont have the skill but because we know that cagers are idiots.

Even if you do have the skill, there is always that dumba$$ on the road that feels like side swiping the dude on the bike.
Thats why you should always wear your gear.

As for insurance....Almost everyone I know that has a bike has full coverage even if they do stunt and they turn it into insurance if they wreck.

And I do agree with you about buying a bike. There is no reason to get one if you arent going to have fun on it. I get bored and have to take some hard corners or else my bike just turns into a lower back pain additive.

Geeze, i didnt know my post would get onto everyone....i said he was dumb for not wearing gear because ive crashed and was wearing gear (jacket jeans helmet gloves boots) and it saved my skin...im not creating a fight over wearing gear or not, it was just my $.02...

2e1000rr 09-26-2006 05:54 PM

back on topic..is the first wheelie pulled up with the clutch? it seems to come up kind of slow.

2e1000rr 09-27-2006 04:58 PM

????

Err 09-27-2006 06:33 PM

they're all clutched

i've noticed that 2nd and 3rd come up quite a bit slower than 1st. probably because of the gear ratio or whatever

2e1000rr 09-27-2006 09:06 PM

i knew the rest were. just that first one seemed weird to me. maybe he is in third i didnt think about that

VP 09-28-2006 12:16 PM

its sort of in slow motion at the beginning anyway maybe that threw you off

HighRevver 10-01-2006 01:16 AM

Awesome vid, it is good to see a change in the videos, nice to see him pull a highchair in the city or a spreader lmao very nice.

stuntin 10-03-2006 04:13 AM

Sweet video. I enjoy seeing the Highway stuff over parking lot any day. I wish I could rock endless wheelies but I am too anal about my pretty bike. BTW I am 22 and I pay $71 a month for full coverage with 100/300 coverage. $892 per year. Plus it will cover $1500 in damage to gear. as for gear its your choice lets not complain about it. If I dont wear a jacket I wear an Icon vest and gloves at least I can wipe my A$$ if i eat $hit while riding. If I go out to do wheelies I wear a jacket. If its 90 forget a jacket just ride careful and take less risk thats my opinion. I know a lot of stunters that are better then I am and they are confident and have been doing it for a long time. They know their limitations and risk and dont need to be told what to do. sweet vid though. Thats what I like to see.

stuntin 10-03-2006 05:19 PM

Would like to know the name of the song or who sings it. If any one knows post it please

Vermino 10-03-2006 10:40 PM

god - all those artists in the song are so familiar to me... but i can't put my finger on it, so kind-of searching ohhla.com for them right now.. If i find it, ill post it up

Vermino 10-03-2006 11:21 PM

Ok, i searched for a better of an hour and it seems like I can't find it.. The instrumental beat and chore got to be from a older song, just seems like it.. With this many artists in one song, it's got to be an remix or an athemn.. But I looked for "Playing with Fire" and nothing found..

couple of the artists sound like dilated people, visionaries, and/or maybe arsonists. if you like, check up www.ohhla.com, but it really seems like an athemn which is very hard to find the song title and artist..

if all less fails, just e-mail www.uponone.com and just ask what song it is..

stang54 10-09-2006 05:30 AM

The song is by Styles of Beyond - Playin with fire...