Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

The 600RR project

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 600RR project

Its ALIVE!!!

It's official, the bike starts up and works like a charm. I had so much trouble with the wiring that I figured... hey, instead of trying to get it to work using the 05 set, why not drop in the 04 even though people said that it wouldn't work... Well they are wrong. The engine works with the 04 wiring harness flawlessly. Started her right up with no hesitation! There was some oil on the headers when changing the oil so that's why it was smoking... not because I ****ed up the 2nd engine...

Took a little test drive this morning around the hood and it drove great, brakes handled good, and suspension felt unusually rough, but I think that's because my *** was hurting from the no seat setup...

The only problem that's left is the Map Sensor is broken, so I actually have the tube directly super glued to the opening intake valve (for the vacuum). Then the front stay bracket, which is bent the **** up. Didn't seem like it, but when I put the head lights on, it's been bent back by a good 10 degrees and the faring won't bolt on. I also have to get a new RR battery. I'm using the gixxer battery which is way too tall and won't fit in the battery box and the driver seat won't fit down (that's why there's the blue jeans on the bike... ghetto seat). And lastly, the most important one, My radiator fan doesn't want to turn on for some odd reason... I let the engine idle for 5 mins and let the temp get up to 225 degrees and the fan did not turn on at all. I might have to go back and look through the manual because I'm pretty sure the fan would turn on by then... But I do have the wires ghetto spliced together since I'm using an 06 radiator and the connectors aren't the same off the 04's... Don't ask me why. Honda likes to change the stupidest stuff.

And it picks up like no tomorrow. Forgot that. One I get her road worthy, F2 will get sold for real, and I'm already trying to acquire a 2nd set of farings for the police bike paint job. Yes I'm still doing that. But it'll be for show room purpose only, I swear! Then I'll be on the look out for some cheap race farings and take her to VIR next season... Why not... I have a spare transmission, rotors, clutch and much more spare parts. specially when I have my eye on another 06 600rr wrecked bike.

And I sold the other 03 600rr to my friend of which I told him to buy just so I could use it as a 3d reference manual.. The project Took 7 months but I had lots of legal ****, my 15k knee surgery because of the wreck, lots of school work, and I have two jobs... So not much time is left on working side projects. I probably on spent about 1 weekend a month working on the RR and it's finally working. I picked up some cheap plastics off ebay today too.

[align=center]The 600RR project[/align]

1/28/2006
This is what the condition of the bike when I got it that day. Bought it for $2000 with a clean title
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  112.1 KB
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  90.4 KB
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  71.9 KB
Less than 3500 miles on the bike.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  86.7 KB

When I had three bikes in the bay.

The plastics were rashed, needed a front stay bar, new headlight, new whole left clip-on, new left foot bracket, and new rear tire at the time. Bought the new front stay bar, headlights, clip-on, left bracket, and the 1st person in the US to get the new M3 tire back then (tire wasn't released till spring 2 months later, the local shop got a wrong shipment... )

2/5/2006

[IMG]

Old 12-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Default RE: The 600RR project

Nice pics and good work. Did you have any leftover parts that you forgot to put back on? hahaha

Old 12-04-2006, 07:44 AM

ORIGINAL: dwhite645

Nice pics and good work. Did you have any leftover parts that you forgot to put back on? hahaha
actually now that you mention it, I am missing one spacer for the swingarm axle. Should replace that before i go out on some serious rides. And I actually misplaced most of the main engine bolts and spacers, they are still lost in the sea of useless crap in the garage...

Old 12-04-2006, 01:13 PM

What do you do for a living? I have a hard time finding time to work on my bike.

MDFF

Old 12-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like it's coming along nicely and good work on all the major wrenching!

Keep us updated and I don't need to tell you after you're ordeal, but just be safe bro!

Old 12-04-2006, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: mdfirefighter

What do you do for a living? I have a hard time finding time to work on my bike.

MDFF
I'm a full time student at NCSU, living at home currently (saves money, why I can afford to pay for bikes), I'm 21, I have a marketing Internship at suntech medical where I do graphic art, website, and other marketing bs and make descent money. I also have a side job as a PC technician with my friend's company doing home/small business house calls and that pays pretty well too. I wish I could finish school ASAP, get a nice paying job and have more time to do my hobbies. I work about 15-20 hours a week and I have the option to work from home now days (which is awesome). Love my work place and enjoy doing marketing stuff too. I actually go in on school vacation days, that's how much I love the people working there... Call me crazy for loving work... :P

Old 12-04-2006, 03:41 PM

Thats awesome, keep up the good work =)

MDFF

Old 01-02-2007, 10:25 AM

Current state of the bike. Mocked up the fairings and a few things are misaligned after finding out a few of the mounting brackets are also bent. Current the big problem is that my brake light is always on but I'd guess its a simple problem to fix. Fixed it up for the mayden ride new years eve and rode about 60 miles. Felt pretty good.

Currently building an 8x8 paintbooth in the garage, but I still need to clear out some **** to finish that. Also have the new jardin slip-on exhaust. Thinking about getting the pc3 usb fuel management system, but not sure if I have enough space after I install the security system.

Old 01-02-2007, 03:48 PM

Very cool. I admire your persistance. Love watching the progress.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:28 PM

def 1 hell of a job on that machine.glad to see ya bounce back after that stolen bike prob.I remember when you posted that bs . nice job man

Quick Reply: The 600RR project