Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

1st video (Juliet inspired)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st video (Juliet inspired)

Took a quick trial run video of my riding on the hill behind my house. Its actually pretty steep but doesnt look like it in the video. The roads are wet so I didnt push it. Just really wanted to see how this little camera does on video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaF1eU12Tyk

Old 05-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey Rod, that was great ..they're fun doing these videos aren't they :-)

Some things I noticed, you were on the wrong side of the road and you guys have these cutesy little mailboxes at the ends of your drives ..lol ... doesn't your mail get stolen or messed with?? ... our postmen just post our mail straight through the letterbox of the front doors here ...

another thing my lad ..... too damn fast!! ..yes, that's right ... I don't know your speeds but I saw your tacho plenty and saw how high the revs went in some of the higher gears ..I also know the 1000RR is a lot longer legged than the 600RR so I am guessing you hit 3 figure speeds at one point and there were trees very close to you ... just be careful, alright ...Hmmm??

Jules

Old 05-16-2009, 12:26 PM

LOL, No Jules, messing with someones mail is a federal offense! Its usually pretty safe... lol

I dont think I hit any serious speed mostly because the wet road. I do like to play on that road at times because its nice pavement most times of the day there is little to no traffic. We have a lot of nice twisties around here, some are in need of paving right now and some have too much traffic or homes with loose dogs and such so they're not ideal for playing around. But in general, most roads here are fun!
It took about 5 minutes to fashion a bracket but I do have a few tools. I had an old L bracket laying around that cut off and bent over, took a bolt out of the HESD cover and ran the bolt back thru the bracket and put another into the camera, it seemed to work pretty good. Its storming out now but as soon as I get chance, I'll make another one and post it up.... It is kinda fun! :-)

Old 05-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol its like u owned a road man , u never stop the stop sign...

Old 05-16-2009, 03:28 PM

What a terrible, traffic-free, curvy road...how do you stand living there. lol : )

Old 05-16-2009, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by SpiritRR
What a terrible, traffic-free, curvy road...how do you stand living there. lol : )

Oh its just awful..... most all of them are like that.... lol

Old 05-16-2009, 08:10 PM

That's funny cause that was my first thought before reading anyone else, I went rite to your video and was thinking..."Look at the dam road he gets to zip down everyday, with NO traffic? Ca-mon!". My street is pretty good too, but way to short! But if I had to guess I'm thinking you hit about 93-95mph, you were behaving, your all set.
So what camera did you get?? I've been thinking about getting one, but I don't know, it may just be trouble cause I don't believe I'll put up a video of me just cruising around. I'll be doing my favorite ramps and all that stuff and then the video will show me crashing. Then the police will be watching it when I tell them I wasn't speeding...it was a chipmunk that ran out in front of me!
But yeah that's cool Rod, have some fun with it.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:42 PM

LOL, I can see how it may get a guy into some trouble.....
Its actually a camera I've had for a while, I just never used it for video. Its a Kodak Easy Share with video capabilities. Kind of a cheap camera really but it got the job done. I watched Juliets video and mine was sitting on the desk in front of me at the time.... I just picked it up and went out to the garage and started making a bracket. I'm sure I will have some fun with it. That gives me an "extra" excuse to go ride.... lol

Old 05-16-2009, 10:28 PM

Oh cut the sh-t, I have an easy share 740 and that's right...it has video doesn't it. Hmmm, I'll have to check that out Tommorrow. It's down in the garage at the moment. But yeah, I may have to do some tinkering myself huh. Oh that's funny...I see trouble on the Horizon!

Old 05-17-2009, 04:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod38um
as soon as I get chance, I'll make another one and post it up.... It is kinda fun! :-)

Yes, I agree it is kinda fun to put your ride on TV as it where, I want to do another one too ... I have a plan to mount my camera and avoid vibes so the next one should be good then I will go a bit faster ... I think there is a temptation to go a little faster than we perhaps should though because we know we're on TV ..lol .. so, all I am saying is BE CAREFUL!! OK?? :-)

Jules

PS you look to be a very confident and skilled rider.

Quick Reply: 1st video (Juliet inspired)