Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

06 honda down

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 honda down

Well friday i had a misshap. i went home (400KM) and on the way home i thought my throttle stuck a bit.. didnt think much of it thought i was dreaming a bit from the 3.5hr drive. an hour after being home i went riding with some friends and in the midst of a corner and shifting into second at 55km/hr (approx 30-35mph) the throttle stuck and i was heading straight for my friends gsxr750 so instead of hitting him in the rear without him knowing i tossed the bars and took a ride. hit the pavement pretty hard and hit the curb with my helmet. the crash tore up my jeans and gave me road rash on my knees, shins and a slight spot on my back where my jacket had come up. people tell me "o well you coulda pulled the clutch or hit the kill" but i was more worried about hurting another rider in the midst plus it was happening in all of a heartbeat, i figured putting one bike down and having one hurt person is better than 2. mainly cosmetic but the rear brake peg and control are broke, the front brake lever bent, throttle control ground up, side case on the engine is scratched up. fairings are scratched up a bit figure about 2-3K damage if i buy honda replacement parts less if i replace with aftermarket items . thankfully for my jacket, helmet and gloves for saving me from more road rash. bike still runs great (honda) and drives good. front forks are untouched frame is unscratched brake calipers are untouched.. so the main straightness of the bike is good. taking it in on the monday to the dealership to have the bike looked at plus they are going to look into what they can do for me as per the sticking throttle. i dug a bit deeper into the throttle sticking and figure it to be a combo of cable bind and grip bind. but if anyone knows of some good aftermarket parts to put on inplace of the damaged items it would be greatly appreciated.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9216/852310BF39C043B3AF17AD7ED6764F85.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-24-2006, 07:01 AM
Default RE: 06 honda down

the rash lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/9216/2043A15E7A3245BDB290EDEC93B55D4F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9216/01CC8CA1FC3B4F50A246BE081351C1BE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9216/599CDE526EE04F6FAFB824D45B7CA213.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-25-2006, 12:30 AM

sorry to hear about that. glad you're okay for the most part though. and i would have that throttle looked at because it shouldn't be sticking at all.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:01 AM

umm now i dont wanna sound like an ***...but why didnt u pull the cluctch in and brake? probably could have avoided everything.

hope u get better tho

Old 07-25-2006, 01:13 AM

When ever you suspect something is wrong, always look into it asap and see what the problem is. Glad you're ok and the bike can be fixed.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i always pull the clutch in on any kind of pucker factor. i know what you mean though, if its not mscle memory, then there was NO time to think about it. glad to hear you escaped with little to no pain and a repairable bike. how long have you had it btw?

Old 07-25-2006, 07:22 PM

in this matter .. can u take this to dealer due to mechanical failure ?

Old 07-25-2006, 07:46 PM

had bike 2.5wks and when i bought it it had 0Km on it so it wasnt even test drove. the dealer is saying rider error so i am gonna get ahold of honda canada and i am gonna go ask why i got a bike that had 0k on it (shoulda been test drove) plus the fact that they booked me for my first service a month and a half after i got the bike. for one i think on the new bike a first service is important but i dunno what they think..

Old 08-01-2006, 02:21 AM

Yeah I'm a technician at a dealership and every single bike or even ATV that we sell gets test ridden. Usually about 4-5 miles for bikes and about 5 minutes or so for ATVs. The first service issue is also pretty unique. We've never set up first service appointments when people buy their bikes. We do, however, stress the importance of all and specifically the first service. Usually the people bring them in because they hit the all important 600 mile mark, but occasionally we get the squid who comes in after 9 or 10 months with only 300 or so miles. I would say however that if your throttle was sticking on a brand spanking new bike, then whoever setup the unit out of the crate failed to check the throttle freeplay and the throttle may have been binding because of that.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:42 AM

If you haven't modded the bike and with it being that new there is NO reason in hell why the dealership shoudln't cover it or honda. Cause if you can see or took pictures that it was still bound after the crash they have no where to go yo have them in a corner. I would threaten them with a lawsuit or something that is bull**** especially if you bought the bike the the techs didn't even take it out for a test once they removed it from the crate(unless you specifically requested a 0mile bike).

But still don't leave without putting up one hell of a fight. EMail/call honda if the stealership won't cover it. And contact the head of the dealership you bought it from. That's just straight bogus.

Quick Reply: 06 honda down