Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Is there a CBRForum organized ride?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 01:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a CBRForum organized ride?

Is there a CBRForum organized ride that takes place every year? or any specific time of year you make an event of riding together?

I'd like to know ahead of time so I can consider it and plan my time ahead this year...

Old 01-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Default RE: Is there a CBRForum organized ride?

i don't know if there is a ride or not but i would be interested in riding in something like that, get to meet all the cool people here, that would be pretty cool.

Old 01-16-2006, 02:12 AM

ya.. don't mean to get everyone excited an all.. as for some of us, it's not riding season!

but I too would like to meet all the cool people on here! Brings a whole new view point to the message board once you get to know people.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:13 PM

it be hard to get everyone all together since obviously we all don't live close to one another. Maybe if we broke it down by small district ride that took place on the same day all across the USA. Then we could all come back the next day and share the experince.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:47 PM

We may have to break it down, so that's a good idea, making it on the same date.

I have some friends who ride to Ohio and some to the Carolinas, so I figured, if we made a date then people could all plan to ride and meet up on the same date. So people 5 days away, would leave at least 5 days prior to the date.. and people 2 days away would leave at least 2 days prior to the event etc... but we would all aim for the same date?

we could poll the audience for some dates that work best..

and perhaps someone or members close to the location where we're all going could plan some events or trips? hotel discounts.. etc..

just ideas...

Old 01-22-2006, 04:23 AM

lets get it on..... I'm a newbie and would like to meet people to ride with.
I'm in So Cal.
Anyone else?

Old 02-07-2006, 06:44 PM

They have an anual honda hoot held in knoxville tennesee esually in the middle of june.They have thee best spot's to ride in the whole east coast including Deals gap.Anyone not familiar log onto www.dealsgap.com. Anyways thers about 50,000 plus bikes from all around the country that attend this.It's about 5 days long and they have diffrent guided and unguided tours you can choose from which leads you through the smoky mountains in N.C.I stayed at the marriot in 04, and it was thee most fun I had on a bike since I bought it.Deals Gap also known as the dragon for having 318 twistys in eleven miles.This would also be a great spot to meet up with anyone intrested.People are very friendly down there and the police leaves biker's alone due to the revenue that is brought into the city during the event.They have concert's,andton's of stuff to do,you wont have time to be bored.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:26 PM

99cbr900...what do you mean its not riding season? took mine out yesterday...flet warmer than it was though..came home after 5 miles in.. started flurrying on me lol. only 38 degrees but i had to get it out.... The honda hoot would be a good time. I havent attended yet but i live here in TN and im only about 3 hours from Knoxville and have ridden the roads they tour including the gap...the dragon...whichever you want to call it. Best road ive been on yet. Keep us informed if you guys schedule something before then!

Old 02-16-2006, 11:25 AM

This is an awesome idea, I'm from Massachusetts, and I would have no problem riding Tenn. My girlfriend and I are talking about taking a trip somewhere this might be a good idea.

We should see if we can get this organized, Middle of June sounds like a great tiem to be in the black hills of Tenn.

99cbr900, what part of Canada are from?

I was thinking of riding up to Montreal some time to catch a ball game.