Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Riding in the Central Coast of California

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding in the Central Coast of California

I rented a house in Los Osos for 5 days and did nothing but ride. On the average I was going through two tanks a day...so I've been riding lots in the local roads.
The roads out that are here are not good, but post cards. They are amazing! You name it...I've been on it.
I didn't bring my camera, sorry.

However, I wanted to tell you a story, that you may appreciate.

I went to check out the fires in Big Sur it's on the 1. I'm an Ex-heli-logger with 300+ hikes and some search and rescue experience, so I thought I may be able to help them out...So here it goes.
There are all kinds of signs and notices that the 1 is closed, like every 5-10 miles, starting from San Luis Obispo and the road closes 47 miles north of Cambria.
So, I'm riding up and the cars become less and less...and liking it. No cops...you can see where this is going, eh?

Well, lets put it this way, the last 1:40 minutes, from the closest to the fire, I MIGHT have seen 8-9 cars. So, there I am on 4th of July weekend,on one the most beautiful rides in the world, somewhat alone and yes I was doing mach.

The only downside is that it got pretty cool. Other than that, it was truly a memorable experience.

Cheers