Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your CBR, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

I should be able to find out in this thread ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question I should be able to find out in this thread ?

I was in the market looking to purchase a good reliable rain suit but didnt know which one to buy so my question is any have any recommendations as to what suit I should buy ? also a one piece or two ? I heard to buy two sizes bigger for fitment over clothes. If you have a link that would be great..thanks

Old 01-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frogg Toggs is an option

I have a Frogg Toggs suit (http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...aspx?P=0&F=566). It's a super lightweight suit that 'breathes' so it doesn't get so clammy inside but it will keep you dry for a 'normal' rainshower.

For the casual "ride while it's raining" sort of deal I really like it because of the comfort but it's not for the serious adventure rider taking on the hard stuff. I've ridden for a couple of hours in steady rain and stayed very dry and comfy but I've also been in real serious toad-stranglers and the rain blasted right through the fabric in seconds. Once it's done that you are doomed because it won't keep you dry until it dries out again (which happens fast at 70 mph BTW).

I did get it x-large so I can toss it on over my regular gear without having to strip next to the road.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:14 AM

I'm looking as well. Newenough has a few different types at good prices.

I'm debating getting rid of most of my textile gear and buying a roadcrafter. Keep the leather for the track and local sunny day riding, and the roadcrafter for everything else. Depending on how much riding you do, that might be another option. Yes it is a $1k investment, but it's heavy duty, well designed, and fully customizable... plus water proof.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:18 AM

Hey fellas thanks..I'll take a look at the Froggs... Just wanted one handy in case of an unexpected quick down pour...ran into a few last season and it wasn't pleasant. So I guess it would be a causal type on the go rain suit that I can store in my tank bag. I usually ride about 150 to 250 miles per run on average. Thanks again and if anybody else has any other recommendations please post.