Road Trips Post up your road trips here!

Short Downhill Mountain Ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short Downhill Mountain Ride

When there's snow and road salt on the roads, I ride my old Suzuki GS1000. I just purchased a cheap video camera and mounted it on the left handlebar. This is my first video.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That road looks like fun.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:29 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ what TBT said

Old 02-07-2013, 01:02 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a nice day for it Slowpoke and may I compliment you on your choice of music, can't beat a bit of Jethro Tull.

Did you add the music yourself or was it a Youtube add-on?

Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Looks like a nice day for it Slowpoke and may I compliment you on your choice of music, can't beat a bit of Jethro Tull.

Did you add the music yourself or was it a Youtube add-on?
This is all new to this dinosaur. For video editing, I used the editor in Windows Media. Going up the mountain, I got stuck behind some slow cars. It wasn't interesting so I cut that out in the editor and started the video from where I turned around. I wound up with 3 minutes of video. All steep downhill, so there was little revving and shifting. Didn't really matter as the camera (and microphone) is in a sealed waterproof housing. So I wanted to add some music.

I looked through my CD's and found Jethro Tull. But the music was 3:21. With the editor, I was able to add the titles at the beginning to make up the time. That was the fun part. The hard part (for me) was figuring out how to convert CD to MP3. It's actually quite simple. Then I put the whole thing together. Then I had to join U-Tube, start a Google account, and post the whole thing to Utube.

I have an 8 Gig memory card, but didn't know how much time it could record. So I set it to the middle (640x480). Tomorrow is supposed to be 50's before it snows on Saturday. I will set it to HD and see how long it records.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

I like it Slowpoke, I like it a lot. Thanks for sharing

Fantastic road.

Cheers, SB

Old 02-08-2013, 09:57 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowpoke
This is all new to this dinosaur. For video editing, I used the editor in Windows Media. Going up the mountain, I got stuck behind some slow cars. It wasn't interesting so I cut that out in the editor and started the video from where I turned around. I wound up with 3 minutes of video. All steep downhill, so there was little revving and shifting. Didn't really matter as the camera (and microphone) is in a sealed waterproof housing. So I wanted to add some music.

I looked through my CD's and found Jethro Tull. But the music was 3:21. With the editor, I was able to add the titles at the beginning to make up the time. That was the fun part. The hard part (for me) was figuring out how to convert CD to MP3. It's actually quite simple. Then I put the whole thing together. Then I had to join U-Tube, start a Google account, and post the whole thing to Utube.

I have an 8 Gig memory card, but didn't know how much time it could record. So I set it to the middle (640x480). Tomorrow is supposed to be 50's before it snows on Saturday. I will set it to HD and see how long it records.
Thanks for the info Slowpoke, just noticed you're based in Denver, going to be there tomorrow, if you fancy a beer, drop me a PM.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Thanks for the info Slowpoke, just noticed you're based in Denver, going to be there tomorrow, if you fancy a beer, drop me a PM.
Done.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:49 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Excellent first effort there Slowpoke, you should be proud of all the technology you have managed to master.

Seb : reminiscent of heading down the Crown Range towards Queenstown (apart from all the crazies on the wrong side of the road!)

Old 02-11-2013, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Excellent first effort there Slowpoke, you should be proud of all the technology you have managed to master.

Seb : reminiscent of heading down the Crown Range towards Queenstown (apart from all the crazies on the wrong side of the road!)

Mmmmmmm, Crown Range road, excellent memories

Cheers, SB

Quick Reply: Short Downhill Mountain Ride