Road Trips Post up your road trips here!

Flinders Ranges Getaway

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Flinders Ranges Getaway

Mrs SB and I loaded our new (to us) off road camper trailer and headed 500 km into the (semi) outback to the Flinders Ranges in South Australia.

And a beautiful weekend it was.

A grazing emu joined us for dinner

A nice fire to keep us warm at breakfast

Our secluded campsite across a wide floodway in Parachilna Gorge

The billabong

Looking back towards the campsite - lazy smoke, clear light and beautiful gums

Wilpena Pound in the distance on the way home.

The trailer passed muster in all respects and now we plan to put a aluminium boat and rack on the top for fishing trips as well.

Cheers, The Travelling 'Bears

Old 04-29-2013, 03:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like absolute bl**dy heaven!

You lucky buggers!

Cheers,
Robster

Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 AM
Welcome Crew

wow that looks lovely sb, nothing better than just offing it for a weekend

Old 04-29-2013, 03:51 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Envy... If only I could some day come see the country myself...

Here it's really beautiful at summer (for like 2 months, the remaining perioid is dark, wet, cold and long...)

Old 04-29-2013, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mattson
Envy... If only I could some day come see the country myself...

Here it's really beautiful at summer (for like 2 months, the remaining perioid is dark, wet, cold and long...)

The offer's on the table Mattson,

Bring your family and we'll lend you the 4wd and trailer.

It is lovely up there (and further north).

Cheers, SB

Old 04-29-2013, 05:51 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Is it too cold at this time of year to spot a glimpse of the Lesser Parachilna Nymph?

Old 04-29-2013, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Is it too cold at this time of year to spot a glimpse of the Lesser Parachilna Nymph?

Weather was beautiful TK - not too hot, not too cold - and it p*ssed down on the way home Sunday evening. You can see the weather developing to the south in the last photo of Wilpena above.

The Parachilna Nymph (and the lesser Nymph) however were grieving for their lost mate. Oscar. Not to be seen alas!

I can reprise the link of the first spotting of the Nymph if you are so desirous??

The question is...................with the snows beginning to show in Wanaka, has the outdoor furnace/pizza oven been ignited? Or is it art?

Cheers, SB

Old 04-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
The Parachilna Nymph (and the lesser Nymph) however were grieving for their lost mate. Oscar. Not to be seen alas!

I can reprise the link of the first spotting of the Nymph if you are so desirous??

The question is...................with the snows beginning to show in Wanaka, has the outdoor furnace/pizza oven been ignited? Or is it art?

Cheers, SB
Quite understand the grieving, totally relate to that.

I think there is probably no need to repost the original exciting, David Attenborough discovery of the Lesser Spotted Nymph in it's natural habitat. Those that have seen it before, will already have seen more than enough; those that haven't seen it can use the handy Forum Search function to find it (and then regret using the handy Forum Search function).

As for the outdoor fire, bit of both really, (although to be honest more of the latter). However I can confirm on the odd occasion it has been fired up it is most excellent for toasting marshmallows and for encouraging the consumption of alcohol outside the house.

Cheers
TK

PS: just found this. I suspect you may enjoy
http://www.thecivilian.co.nz/george-...than-10-books/

Last edited by kiwi TK; 04-29-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kiwi TK
Quite understand the grieving, totally relate to that.

I think there is probably no need to repost the original exciting, David Attenborough discovery of the Lesser Spotted Nymph in it's natural habitat. Those that have seen it before, will already have seen more than enough; those that haven't seen it can use the handy Forum Search function to find it (and then regret using the handy Forum Search function).

As for the outdoor fire, bit of both really, (although to be honest more of the latter). However I can confirm on the odd occasion it has been fired up it is most excellent for toasting marshmallows and for encouraging the consumption of alcohol outside the house.

Cheers
TK

PS: just found this. I suspect you may enjoy
George W. Bush presidential library to boast extensive range of more than 10 books
Oh dear!

Other books featured in Bush’s presidential library include children’s classic Pat the Bunny and Guinness World Records 2013.

“I really like Pat the Bunny,” said Bush.

The library also houses a museum wing, which contains displays including the remains of a pretzel Bush once choked on, and a crude drawing of a dog he was gifted by former British Prime Minister Tony Blair.
Bush said he hoped that the library would encourage students to learn more about his presidency, and present them with new ways to think about stuff.

Pure Gold!

Cheers, SB