Road Trips Post up your road trips here!

CBRF UK- Events, rides, dates

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news Rob.
Even if it's chucking it down I'm still going. Rain just keeps the bugs off your visor. At least I'll have a bed for the night at the other end and hope to make Shakey shake.... with a banging hangover in the morning. He he...
I'll be meandering down to Gloucestershire on Tuesday so won't be in a hurry to leap out of bed, unless I feel the urge to hit the Welsh coast earlyish.
So nice to have time off to do what ever I feel like.
Happy days.
See you Monday evening.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:11 PM

OMG! .... How embarrasing! A case of "rain stopped play!"

Well, it was great to meet you both, Henry and Rob ( and co) ... but what a washout! Bloody English weather!

Hope you all get home safely.

See you again soon!

Last edited by shakey; 05-16-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:10 AM

Thanks Mark, no worries about the weather. 254 miles for a cuppa with you all was well worth it.
We got wet untill we got back over the pennines so was'nt too bad. I locked the bike up in the garage at 00.45 (left st annes at 21.50) after dropping my passenger home.

Got a text from Henry today he was looking at a waterfall in the Snowdonian mountains The Lucky B*******. Have fun

Next time we come over we will try to bring the sunshine.

Last edited by Dadarob; 05-17-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:15 PM
July 2014 ROTM
Question missed out

So jealous - sorry I couldn't make it but next time.

So where and when are we going next?

Bugs

Old 05-22-2011, 03:34 AM

This time last week I was just mentally gearing up to make the first leg of the journey up to Harrogate.
I feel as though I've only just stopped moving. Even though I got back home on Wednesday evening I just wanted to carry on going. 950 of the best miles under her wheels. 950 miles of the widest smiles on my laughing gear.
Shakey, good to meet you. Thanks for taking me to see the bike in the garage, however forlorn it may look now it won't be long before your donning the pink leathers, making her sing again. I guess you won't be using the paddock stands single handed again.

Rob, you and your brother had quite a ride. I didn't envy you the return trip and was glad of my little room overlooking the sea. Good to see you as always mate.

It's a shame that not more bikes turned out for the meet. I guess it wasn't the best of weather but even so, what a bunch of poofs! I'll definitely be back some time.

Tuesday was just heaven on two wheels. Once into Wales the rain cleared up and as I climbed into the mountains the sun cut through the Welsh mist and left me with perfect conditions for riding.
Satnav guidance left me with nothing else to do but enjoy the twisty mountain roads and grin like a Cheshire cat all day long. 350 miles after leaving Blackpool I ended the day with friends in the Cotswolds.
Took some rides with their son who's just passed his CBT and we pottered around, he on his little Yam 125, riding through the luscious countryside, stopping at 'fairy tale' villages and just enjoying each other's company.
The final leg of the journey to Brighton was fast and furious. I remembered why these bikes were known as sports tourers. Both categories fitted neatly into one machine.
A bunch of riders near Chichester on the A27 also found out as I left them for dust in my mirrors, try as they might. He he!
After a couple of hours with my daughter in Brighton I made the last dash home through the night enjoying the new HIDs. They're a revelation. At last, a 160 MPH bike has 160 MPH head lights. Amazing!

The next two days ride to work seemed rather sedate by comparison but have left the Odo showing just over a thousand miles up on a week ago.
She didn't miss a beat. I'd do it again tomorrow....... if only.

Here's a couple of pics from the trip.

Sorry you couldn't make it Rick. Where are we going next then?

Name:  file.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  161.2 KB

Name:  file-3.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  180.9 KB

Name:  file-6.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  143.0 KB
Robs bike on the left, mine on the right. The sole survivors of CBR night.
I hope the rescheduled event works out this time. Alas I shall be in spain, sunning my ***.

Next!
Throw in some ideas lads and lassies.

By the way, Steve (Harry T Hamster) have you decided on your leaving date for Oz yet? I'm still up for a leaving drink in Wigan if you're into it.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:08 AM

GREAT pictures Henry.
Wales looks inviting, sunny, empty roads, scenery..... what else do you need.

I see you have a guardian angel (the reflective cross above your headlight)

950+ miles in a week just what these bikes need every so often.

Where next? Good question.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:05 PM
July 2014 ROTM
Question CBR ride out?

Guys,
Anyone fancy a Welsh weekend rideout end of july/early August? Possible route attached - perhaps Saturday meet, Saturday nigh in Aber, Sunday back to England?

Let me know guys.....

Rich

Bing Maps - driving directions, routes, and traffic

Old 06-10-2011, 10:25 AM

That sounds nice Rick, i will count my pennies & let you know.

Im of to bonnie Scotland early july on the CBR then Devon mid august to see mam (in the car) so things will be tight..... But if i can get there COUNT ME IN !!!!

Will be good to meet up again & see some New faces.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:18 PM

Hi Rick,

I've just looked at your route plan. Seems fair enough.
I would suggest that from Aberystwyth we go up to Machynlleth, turn left to Aberdyfi and follow the coast road along up to Dolgelly then left again to Barmouth and then follow the road almost to Maentrog where there's a little back road that cuts off a decent two sides of a triangle. Then ride the A487 all the way round to Colwyn Bay and on to Chester. Stonking roads and lovely scenery.
Extra miles but quite doable in a day.
I used to live just down the road from Aberystwyth so it's kind of home territory, though I never tire of it. I love North Wales.
This is a great riding suggestion Rick. Let's go for it. I'm game.
Early August is good for me. 5th to 7th ideal. Plenty of time to get ready and get excited. I hope Shakey has got his bike back together now. I'm sure he'll come out to play.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:27 PM
July 2014 ROTM
Thumbs up Date & a possible route 5th AUGUST

Ok,
5th to 7th AUGUST - save the pennies

Possible revised route (for guidance) starting in Chester ending near NunEaton for the spilt

Anymore takers - ALL Hondas welcome

Bing Maps - driving directions, routes, and traffic

Quick Reply: CBRF UK- Events, rides, dates