Road Trips Post up your road trips here!

CBR Forum get together Spring 2010!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i've hesitated getting involved in this thread because i (still) don't know if those dates are gonna work for me - but i am interested in the trip. keep the updates coming, and as the date gets closer let me know if there's still some space for an additional rider.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by regener8ed
i've hesitated getting involved in this thread because i (still) don't know if those dates are gonna work for me - but i am interested in the trip. keep the updates coming, and as the date gets closer let me know if there's still some space for an additional rider.
On p.1 all of the detail re: where we're staying etc. is listed. If it turns out you can make it, just call the campground and get a spot.

Hope you can come along!

Old 03-31-2010, 07:18 AM

Guys Jut read this, you might want to take it into account:

http://news.tennesseeanytime.org/node/4815

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Work to clear a rockslide that closed U.S.-129/SR-115 is expected to begin early April. The Tennessee Department of Transportation will let an emergency contract to clear the slide on Monday, March 29. TDOT qualified two specialty contractors, Pacific Blasting Demolition Ltd. and Phillips & Jordan, Inc., to bid on the project. Both contractors offer specialized experience in rockslide clearance and stabilization that is needed to repair the substantial and complex slide on U.S.-129/SR-115.

The emergency contract is expected to be awarded to one of the two specialty contractors on Monday, March 29 with work expected to begin no later than April 5. This will allow contractors time to transport specialized equipment to the site of the slide in Blount County.

TDOT’s contract has a completion date of July 31, 2010.

Meanwhile, detours remain in place while the stretch of road known as the Dragon is closed from the slide area to the North Carolina state line. Motorists are advised to continue to monitor the TDOT website at Tennessee Department of Transportation for updates and detour details. TDOT is also on Twitter. For up to the minute traffic information in Knoxville and the Tri-Cities follow us on Twitter at Knoxville511 (Knoxville511) on Twitter. For statewide travel information follow TN511 (TN511) on Twitter.
###
For More Information Contact:
Yvette Martinez
TDOT Region 1 Community Relations Officer
865-594-0161
Yvette.Martinez@tn.gov

Old 03-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We talked a little bit about that earlier in the thread, Carl.
I think we've all kinda come to the agreement that even if the dragon is closed, there's plenty more good riding to be done in the area.
Dave will be our tour guide.... possibly wearing a Polo shirt tucked into his tight khaki shorts.....

Old 03-31-2010, 12:27 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid our cabin in full after we all decided still to go, after the rock slide.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:29 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default *****

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Dave will be our tour guide.... possibly wearing a Polo shirt tucked into his tight khaki shorts.....

RENO 911 style

Old 03-31-2010, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
We talked a little bit about that earlier in the thread, Carl.
I think we've all kinda come to the agreement that even if the dragon is closed, there's plenty more good riding to be done in the area.

Oh, you've seen me before?

Old 03-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Administrator - Retired

Oh, you've seen me before?
Nailed it, didn't I!!?

All I can picture right now is LT. Dangle from Reno 911 pulling up on his bicycle with that funny looking helmet on.
The vid where he spikes the front brake and compresses the front end.... then the bike pops back up and he puts his foot down real fast.... LMAO!
I gotta make that into a GIF.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Kudos to Trout

Post the Vid Trout.... Post it

Old 03-31-2010, 08:43 PM
Administrator - Retired

Post the Vid Trout.... Post it
I've looked everywhere for the vid of it. Nowhere to be found.
But I set up the HD DVR to record an episode tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to record it off that to the flip and make a gif...
I've been meaning to do it anyway...

Quick Reply: CBR Forum get together Spring 2010!