Road Trips Post up your road trips here!

CBR Forum get together Spring 2010!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

What a trip. It was very special for Sprock. What an amazing family reunion to just happen into. Imagine, twins seperated at birth, then rejoined by fate on a curvy Tennesee road on like machines. Why they even dressed alike! Yes, could it be Sprock brought back together with long lost brother Sparkie. Now known locally as Sparkie MacDuff.
Everyone be sure to ask Sprock all about their meeting and future plans.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Talking

The Skyway

Skyway turn

The Dragon's Tail

Mountain's and Sky

Tail of the Dragon Overlook

Old 05-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great pics Indy !
Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:25 PM

Looks like a great place to ride! All the parts up that tree are a bit of a worry though...that's a lot of stacks. Everybody home safe yet?

Old 05-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY

Originally Posted by davethepom
Looks like a great place to ride! All the parts up that tree are a bit of a worry though...that's a lot of stacks. Everybody home safe yet?
3 of us are. Mark will be home monday

Old 05-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for all the documentation guys!

Old 05-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everybody home safe yet?
Yep, everyone is home safe.
Mark must have decided to book it straight home from my place last night because he texted me around 430am saying "I'm home safe in Maine, man" LOL..

So the trip went real well. A testament to these bikes for sure. No mechanical issues, and I have the newest bike at 15yrs old!!
The only issue we had was that we got bad gas on day 2. Me, Mark, and Doug were sputtering for a tank, we all had hard starts, and my bike actually shut off once. It was weird. As soon as we filled up again, no more issues for any of us the rest of the trip.
thanks for all the documentation guys!
I'm working through some pics and videos now. I bet between the 4 of us, we have probably 1000 pictures and several videos....lol.
More to come, I'm sure.
Plus, there's all those pro pic sites like killboy, US129pics, zee photo, moonshine, etc. who were snapping pics all along the dragon.

What a trip. It was very special for Sprock. What an amazing family reunion to just happen into. Imagine, twins seperated at birth, then rejoined by fate on a curvy Tennesee road on like machines. Why they even dressed alike! Yes, could it be Sprock brought back together with long lost brother Sparkie. Now known locally as Sparkie MacDuff.
Everyone be sure to ask Sprock all about their meeting and future plans.
LMAO!!!

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 05-17-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so glad you guys had a good time. We got my buddy out of a motel and back onto his property by the end of the day Sunday, so that was great.

How did you like the campground? Did you get to meet Lori and Jack? Great folks for sure. I _will_ be at the next gathering. Maybe we can do something this fall?

Old 05-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, Dave. We definitely had a good time.
And yep, we talked to Lori and Jack quite a bit actually. VERY nice folks. They even came up to check on us several times just to chit-chat and make sure we didn't need anything before they took off in the evenings. Just great folks, man, you're right about that.
Lori did mention that we were free to talk about anyone who didn't show up.... ahem.... lol. But honestly, I think she missed you, bud.

Glad to hear you got your friend squared away, too. That must be pretty tough.

As far as a fall trip, we were all talking about doing it again, just not sure of the time frame on that. The topic of a nice fall ride did come up, though.....

Old 05-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Talking

Hey Dave, you were missed for sure. We had a great stay with Jack and Lori Hunts Lodge. They are top shelf folks. I'm in for the next ride, when ever/where ever. I've been thru the area before so I took the gang on an all day loop on Friday. The next one you can show us even more! Thanks again for setting the whole thing up, just next time show up will ya!

Quick Reply: CBR Forum get together Spring 2010!