Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Riding Help..

Thanks Fuse!

Old 10-06-2007, 02:06 PM

from what i saw on thevideo u are not leaning with the bike enough!!! and u should try to push on the bars a bit two!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 02:08 AM

More practice on the bikeany advice ? Maybe just time? Next riding season I will be signing up for a track day but I still want to go into the track day knowing what I need to work on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfoRMH7C7Z4

Old 10-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cannot view the video from here, but I can safely say that if your speed is too low, it will be harder to drag knee. Also F/R tire wear can be a variety of things including pressure and geometry. Don't focus on dragging knee, focus on getting through the turn effeciently. Some pros never drag knee.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:51 PM

Lee Parks "Total Control" the book and the Course. I agree with the "on track" to learn. Public roads are too dangerous when you are going in a straight line.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 AM

Thanks. I'm just trying to figure out if I can get off the bike more to reduce the bike angle and to take some pressure off the tires. In that last video I put up, I used both my front and rear tire up completely and didn't plant my knee.

Is it possible that my body features: (Leg length, arm length, height) prevent me from getting the knee down or planted? I'm 5'8, 180 pounds.

Sorry to keep pushing the issue but if I'm doing something wrong I don't want to make a habit out of it.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Me too having some issues on getting it right while taking corners. I just can't seem to lean down even how much I tried to bring my body forward. Maybe its because of not enough speed.

Just like you too Crash, I'll be tip toed during leaning, should I change my leg position as well?

Old 10-25-2007, 05:55 AM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

More practice on the bikeany advice ? Maybe just time? Next riding season I will be signing up for a track day but I still want to go into the track day knowing what I need to work on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfoRMH7C7Z4
Tryforgetting about your knee. Your lower body positioning looks fine.

If you imagine a straight line from your *** crack to your head (see pic) and make that adjustment to your upper body, youll have it. Betcha!

PS. try finding a larger practice area where you dont have to make so many throttle adjustments and can maintain a constant bank angle for the full 360 degrees.

Hope this helps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21254/B0DFA9496BD04F4B90017125E5ACFB0D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-30-2007, 06:13 PM

Thanks!! Jbrown, it helped alot. I was able to touch down the knee today and it felt great. Still need to find a bigger parking lot like you said but as far as my ridingform is concerned,its improving. Will adjusting my rearset help me use less of my tires? I'm at the very edge of them where they are starting to peel and thats just a little uncomforting..lol

Old 10-30-2007, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Thanks!! Jbrown, it helped alot. I was able to touch down the knee today and it felt great. Still need to find a bigger parking lot like you said but as far as my ridingform is concerned,its improving. Will adjusting my rearset help me use less of my tires? I'm at the very edge of them where they are starting to peel and thats just a little uncomforting..lol
I see that you have Satos. Nice! I have no idea where you have them positioned, but I like my feet well under my butt. It gives more room for my elbows in a tuck and helps me push my torso around without coming off the seat too much.

Are you really to the edge of the front tire? Time for a track day!

How much effort have you put into setting your sag? Getting your suspension and geometry right can take your confidence up like 10 notches. IMHO, this is the first palce to spend money on any bike... period.

Here is a great resource for understanding chassis set-up http://www.traxxion.com/store/detail...oduct_id=SUS4V

Quick Reply: Riding Help..