Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Real road racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:35 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We do race....just ride....Pacific Coast Highway AKA PCH... From LA to San Francisco....checking out some Cali Gurls too...LOL...

Old 08-12-2011, 03:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have just watched some of your ''silver state racing''

oh dear. no bends, nothing exciting going on there then.

watch real racing
John McGuinness in Practice 01-06-10 - The official Isle of Man TT website

Old 08-12-2011, 03:55 AM
Old 08-12-2011, 03:55 AM

this is what mr honda wanted when he built fireblades.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:43 AM
MZ5

Oh, I understand now.

We don't exactly have that here. This country is WAAAYYY too big, at least in the west, to have the kinds of roads you're talking about. Plus, lots of the cities are laid out in nice, square grids, so there aren't so many 'fun' public roads to race on.

More to the point, perhaps, is that the public transportation system here IS the road system. So, people get super-cranky when you close the roads.

I think it's cool that you have the chance to race on the public roads there, and I'd love to come visit some day and take in a road race or two!

EDIT: I take it back. The REAL reason we don't have more road racing is that too few here want it badly enough.

Last edited by MZ5; 08-12-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:54 AM

hey your more than welcome, we are quite an accommodating bunch us brits (dont believe all you have seen on the news reciently lol)
roadracing is organic, its alive, not sterile like gp etc.

ps, not taking anything away from those guys by the way, rossi, simmo and co are still the fastest, but all have backed away and said ''not likely'' to the roads.

bit if a bad one this but watch milky's crash on the island a few years ago, ouchhhhh

not for the feint hearted (160mph into a drywall)
Milky Quayles explosive Isle of Man TT crash - Bikerpunks.com

Old 09-07-2011, 07:47 PM

as of last count i have road raced at 35 different tracks across the country and worked at another 20 for pirelli tires so 55 and counting as texas is on its way

Old 09-13-2011, 08:01 AM

nice,

you still working for pirelli?

so are you counting purpose-built tracks as ''road'' ??

Old 09-13-2011, 08:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The US is a very litigious society, and I would be very surprised if any municipality would invite racing on its public roads unless a sponsor came in and fully indemnified the municipality. Participant and spectataor deaths are not uncommon at Isle of Man. If something like that happened in the US, it would surely be followed by lawsuits that could easily bankrupt the town.

In this country you have a hard time finding a public pool with a diving board or a playground with a seesaw, which should give you a sense of how fearful towns are of being sued if someone gets hurt on their property.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Munson
The US is a very litigious society, and I would be very surprised if any municipality would invite racing on its public roads unless a sponsor came in and fully indemnified the municipality. Participant and spectataor deaths are not uncommon at Isle of Man. If something like that happened in the US, it would surely be followed by lawsuits that could easily bankrupt the town.

In this country you have a hard time finding a public pool with a diving board or a playground with a seesaw, which should give you a sense of how fearful towns are of being sued if someone gets hurt on their property.
Sad but true.... It is getting such that the general US population has little-to-no common decency, refuses to take responsibility for personal actions, and all around seems incapable of using good old fashioned common sense. People will try to run across (jaywalking) a busy highway, get hit by a car, then want to sue because "the driver should have avoided them."

Quick Reply: Real road racing