Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Racing 2011

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Racing 2011

To all Moto Racing fans, please sound off about one of the world's greatest sports.

Last edited by CYCDUP; 11-15-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:54 PM

I really don't think Lorenzo will repeat.... just my gut feeling. There was two injury's Rossi has coped with all season. Shoulder and leg. Lorenzo had a healthy season. The final point spread was 283 Lorenzo 233 Rossi. Rossi had to sit out some racing and when he was racing he was racing around pain. Next year I think will be a different story. I'm going out on a limb but I think Spies may be the one to watch more so this year..... I don't know ???

Old 11-15-2010, 10:55 PM

I definately think Rossi will be a better off physically next year, however, dealing with setting up the Ducati will hurt his chances to win the championship. I think later on in the season he will be winning again, but I think the first few rounds are going to be so bad, its going to make him a non player. I hope not, I would love to see Rossi come in from the start and begin beating everyone, but I don't think it will happen.

Spies for sure will be on the podium more than he's not next year and will be near the top of leader board, if not better. He has an amazing ability to get faster as the race goes on while others begin to fade. He's very Rossi like if you watch his track times and his ability to manage the race.

Hayden I think will finally get a podium or maybe even sqeak out a win, but I think his overall will still be 4th and 5th finishes. He is returning with the same bike, so that is an advantage. He may do better, but I still look for him to be hoovering around the top 5

Stoner, will be very hard to tell. I think on the Honda, he will stay on more, which will should mean more wins. I think the hardest part for him is going to be figuring out how to turn the bike and where is faster or slower than the Ducati. he may be so use to muscling the Ducati around, he may have to relearn finess.

Lorenzo... I have no idea. With Rossi going to another bike, it may make it easier for him to get the championship. Without a lot of pressure, he is flawless. and if he can get a good start to 2011, he won't have any pressure to win if he gets a large enough point gap and should get another championship. that is as long as Rossi doesn't presssure him during the later races.... which I think is highly, highly likely.

Pedrosa... I think will be a lot more of great rides, and not so great rides. I don't think he will be in the hunt for the championship though. He seems to be another rider who doesn't deal with stress very well.

I certainly think its another year for Yamaha, probably 1 and 2.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:14 AM

Fresh Off SPEED's press...
AMA SBK: Silly Season Shakedown

It’s November, which means it’s time for the AMA Pro Superbike silly season. Used to be the speculation fest took place during the season, but given the state of the moto economy these days, it now happens after the racing year has finished.

Champion Josh Hayes will return to Yamaha next season, as was announced before the final race in Alabama. The question now is who will be able to push Yamaha and Hayes for the title in 2011?

Tommy Hayden, who battled with Hayes for the crown until the final race of the year, seemed confident he’d return to Yoshimura Suzuki in ’11 when he spoke with SPEED.com at the Suzuki dealer show held in Las Vegas in October. Hayden had a breakthrough season in 2010, taking his first-ever Superbike pole and victory. He won a total of five races with the factory Suzuki squad and finished as the championship runner-up.

Ben Bostrom has signed with Michael Jordan Motorsports to race next season. The former World Superbike superstar won at Laguna Seca for Pat Clark Motorsports and was the only man able to hang with Hayes and Bostrom for the stretch run when the two title combatants really ramped up the pace.

The team also announced the National Guard would return as a sponsor, but stopped short of saying whether Bostrom would ride the #23 Jordan liveried machine or the #54 National Guard adorned bike.

After that, hard info starts getting thin. 2010 race winners Jake Zemke, Larry Pegram, and Blake Young are currently unsigned. The same goes for veterans like Aaron Yates, Eric Bostrom, John Hopkins, Jason DiSalvo, and Roger Hayden, and all on the market.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:54 PM

I seriously think Lorenzo is a one time champ. Sorry I just don't think he can continue to develop the yamaha as hes been riding Rossi's progress with that bike over the years. And if he does I think its Spies developiment skill's that will pave the way. But then again Spies would benefit on that. Ducati is making the changes to that bike as to what Rossi ecactly wants. If they give him that....... then he'll do fine. Rossi can ride around many flaws in a bike engine and Chassis that others riders cannot do period.

Instead of talking about different championships here. We should have a MotoGP thread,a FIM thread and a AMA thread.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:01 PM

I'll see what I can find out on the Jordan teams as to who is riding. There shop is 30 miles west of me and the crew chief is a friend of mine. Hes going to do my brake lines this winter. I'll see what he can tell me.

Last edited by BadS1; 11-16-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:54 PM

Please let us know. I hope Jake gets a ride. Hope Honda returns to AMA as well...

Old 11-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CYCDUP
Please let us know. I hope Jake gets a ride. Hope Honda returns to AMA as well...
man, if the AMA can get all of those riders back in, that'd be a step in the right direction IMO. they need to, to stop the downhill progression of the AMA series. if they get some better riders, maybe honda will come back. i hope kawi starts supporting teams (i mean, they have gone all out to create a bike that should dominate the literbike class, why not prove it on the track).

as far as motogp, damn, i just can't wait... its going to be a long winter

Old 11-18-2010, 10:44 AM

Well it looks like Roger Lee Hayden is going to ride for Jordan

Old 11-19-2010, 03:54 AM

Well it looks like Roger Lee Hayden is going to ride for Jordan
thats great news for Roger. Im glad to see is going to be with a competitive team. I was questioning whether or not he would get a ride anywhere this year.

I hope Jake gets a ride. Hope Honda returns to AMA as well
It would be good to see him get a ride. But I think with the way he struggled with the bike so much this year, its going to be hard for any team to want to sign him. Im not knocking him, but it seems like he can't adapt to a different bike very well. He did do better towards the end of the year, but it took all season to get the bike so it wasn't all over the place. And since Honda probably won't be returning anytime soon, he will either have to start a team of his own like Larry Pegram did with Ducati and buy a Honda to race, or he will probably be struggling again this year on a non Honda bike, if he even gets a ride. It is a shame, I like Zemki.

Quick Reply: Racing 2011