MotoGP 2017 - Page 2 - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners


Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 04-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Conrice's Avatar
Super Moderator and Fighterer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,123
Default

And I also thought KTM had a great showing! Can't wait for this weekend. Damn, I love Spring!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Hawkwind2016's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Brighton
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrice View Post
And I also thought KTM had a great showing! Can't wait for this weekend. Damn, I love Spring!
+1

All in all a great start to the season
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Conrice's Avatar
Super Moderator and Fighterer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,123
Default

So how about Austin? I am surprised to see how well Rossi is doing. I can't believe he's leading the championship going into Jerez. That should be another good Yamaha track.

Anyone else think the '17 Ducati looks like it's already been wrecked when seeing it on track? That tail is jacked up. I'm waiting for JLo to do something on it - but I don't see how he's supposed to if he's always on considerably softer tires. They can't finish a race...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-26-2017, 12:04 PM
74demon's Avatar
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: socal 949/951
Posts: 6,943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrice View Post
So how about Austin? I am surprised to see how well Rossi is doing. I can't believe he's leading the championship going into Jerez. That should be another good Yamaha track.

Anyone else think the '17 Ducati looks like it's already been wrecked when seeing it on track? That tail is jacked up. I'm waiting for JLo to do something on it - but I don't see how he's supposed to if he's always on considerably softer tires. They can't finish a race...
Ducati, as of recently, is the killer of careers. The transition from the Japanese bikes to the Italian must be really difficult, even for the top riders in the world. They would be better off sticking with riders that only know Ducati.

Rossi is doing well. Granted he has had some help from others not finishing or performing, but it's still early. I can't believe that they're making this big of a deal of it after only the 3rd race. 50 points down and a few hundred more to go....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-26-2017, 04:30 PM
Hawkwind2016's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Brighton
Posts: 330
Default

The Ducati has been the kiss of death since the Stoner era.

They're improving, but so is everyone else. The 2017 bike is still in development and now is being developed by a rider with no Ducati experience. Not a great combination when the season has already started. JLo is improving, slowly, but show him some rain, or even cold weather and he'll be at the back of the field again.

Seeing Ianone breeze past, probably gave him cause for thought

Rossi is just steadily building up points, DNF's have been a thorn in his side the last couple of seasons, he doesn't want that again, there's only so many chances a guy can get.

Vinny going down was very unlucky for him, but it's closed things up quite nicely, would really like a close season this year
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-28-2017, 08:44 PM
Conrice's Avatar
Super Moderator and Fighterer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwind2016 View Post
.

Seeing Ianone breeze past, probably gave him cause for thought
That's going to happen when you run softs. I mean, these guys all preach the importance of finishing a race, then the pick a tire they know will go off.... I get setting up a soft tire setting to qualify, but why did he race on it?!


I think Demon's right. It's a different style of bike than JLo's used to, and it's going to be a rough relationship. Same thing happened when Rossi and Burgess threw the monocoque Ducati that Stoner developed in the garbage and made it an aluminum twin-spar frame.... It was a rough and expensive couple of years....

Last edited by Conrice; 04-28-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-28-2017, 10:01 PM
Hawkwind2016's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Brighton
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrice View Post
That's going to happen when you run softs. I mean, these guys all preach the importance of finishing a race, then the pick a tire they know will go off.... I get setting up a soft tire setting to qualify, but why did he race on it?!


I think Demon's right. It's a different style of bike than JLo's used to, and it's going to be a rough relationship. Same thing happened when Rossi and Burgess threw the monocoque Ducati that Stoner developed in the garbage and made it an aluminum twin-spar frame.... It was a rough and expensive couple of years....
Some good points.

Qualifying with super soft tyres is a bit pointless, but I suppose they've got to sort out the grid in some way or another.

The irony of Ianoni passing Jlo, is that he may have ended up on the better bike! If Suzuki can coax some more power out of the engine, it could be really competitive.
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 cbr1000rr sp "A" CBR 1000RR 10 05-27-2017 07:16 AM
California Superbike School 2017 Schedule! Misti Riding Skills 5 11-30-2016 03:21 PM
MotoGP Update***New 05' Suzuki GSV-R!!! Tadi_R1 Road Racing 17 07-06-2006 01:01 AM
MotoGP Update***Mick Doohan Canned By HRC !!! Tadi_R1 Road Racing 5 02-20-2005 08:33 PM
Anyone watch the MotoGP race this weekend?? sirlimpzalot Off Topic 3 11-12-2004 01:05 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.